Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing

Post New Thread Reply   

joshtrav
Old 01-12-2017 , 13:08   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #11

Had the same behavior on one of our CS:GO servers for over 9 months. Isolated it to the game not properly precaching the materials for env_ specific functions prior to creation.

To solve it we now create 1 of each of the following at the start of the map (OnMapStart) prior to any player connecting, to pre-cache the materials properly, and have not had the issue since:
env_lightdynamic
env_particlesmokegrenade
env_smokestack
env_steam (this is the only one we actually found to be causing the crash, but we pre-cache any of the env_ calls we use now, just as a precaution.)

This was where the random portion came in for us, as some maps have a steam feature built in to it (grates with steam, etc.,) so it wouldn't occur on every map, and it could take multiple hours to rounds to show as someone may not use a store item that called the env_steam function till all that time had passed.

Last edited by joshtrav; 01-12-2017 at 13:10.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 01-12-2017 , 14:10   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #12

Some maps using env_sprites, env_beam, env_laser can crash the clients or the server.
Usually just use stripper to go through the maps and determine if it has anything that could crash the server/client then replace the input or remove the entity.
Abusador
Old 01-12-2017 , 14:52   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Some maps using env_sprites, env_beam, env_laser can crash the clients or the server.
Usually just use stripper to go through the maps and determine if it has anything that could crash the server/client then replace the input or remove the entity.
How to remove a env using stripper ??
joshtrav
Old 01-12-2017 , 15:11   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Same as the previous post I mentioned, you just need to precache these ents prior to players joining, at OnMapStart. No need to strip them out. Just create one at 0,0,0 and the server will call the proper precache materials for it.

I normally delay it until the first player spawn (I have bots) so I am sure its not going to be too soon and fail on the entity creation.

Mitchell
~lick~
Old 01-12-2017 , 15:42   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtrav View Post
Same as the previous post I mentioned, you just need to precache these ents prior to players joining, at OnMapStart. No need to strip them out. Just create one at 0,0,0 and the server will call the proper precache materials for it.

I normally delay it until the first player spawn (I have bots) so I am sure its not going to be too soon and fail on the entity creation.
My post was to point out that some maps use sprites that do bot exist in the game etc so you could precache that material anyways
ElleVen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2017 , 16:08   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #16

But i have this problems in all the maps...

Map list:
Code:
$2000$_csgo
mg_arcs_multigames_csgo_v2
mg_awpknivez_csgo
mg_awp_submarine_v4csgo
mg_bhop_battle_zig_csgo_v1
mg_bogan_p1
mg_crash_bandicoot_party_go_4
mg_divine_multigames_csgo_v1
mg_enjoy_multigames_v1
mg_football_csgo_v2
mg_galaxy_multigames_v4
mg_ghosts_multigame_v1b
mg_grands_multigames_2013_csgo_v1
mg_gruber_multigames
mg_refugees_welcome
mg_hellz_multigame_csgo_beta
mg_jacs_multigame_r
mg_kirbys_towergo
mg_lego_multigames_go_v6_2
mg_minecraft_template_v1b
mg_mikis_multigames
mg_multigames_devine
mg_multigames_devine_is_french
mg_n64_goldeneye_v2
mg_nature_multigames_v2
mg_pauls_smash_reborn_v1
mg_pirates_b1
mg_race_long_road_extended
mg_radiotower_remake_v2
mg_randomizer_reborn_v2
mg_ski_mountain_csgo
mg_ski_mountain_resortv3
mg_smee_tower_csgoport
mg_sonic_multigames
mg_super_tower_v3
mg_swag_multigames_v7
mg_krane_multigames_v_0_7
mg_thc_lego_multimap_go_v4
mg_truck_on_fire_fix1
Mg_Tv_Tower_B2
mg_twisted_theme_multigames_v1_4
mg_viking_warfare_fix1
mg_WarmCup_Headshot_csgo3
mg_weapon_case_arenas_v1_2
mg_wl_multigames_csgo_v1
mg_yolo_multigames_v2_1
starwars
tower_minigame_2floors

Last edited by ElleVen; 01-12-2017 at 16:10.
wwahgnerbp
Old 01-14-2017 , 13:37   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #17

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's happening when client is loading the map. I saw many times it happen myself!
ElleVen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-14-2017 , 14:08   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #18

Am im doing something wrong???

Downloads_simple.ini
Code:
sound/misc

models

materials
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwahgnerbp View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue. It's happening when client is loading the map. I saw many times it happen myself!
Not the same issue im having
Old 01-17-2017 , 14:57   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #19

Going over the tempent limit is a common cause. This would be particle systems, beams, rings, lasers.

Loading the map crashes usually points to decal/overlay temp ents. Usually you would see something like error, worldmodel not set up. This happens if a decal is on the face of an entity such as a func brush or func breakable, door, etc.

Check to see if you have plugins creating decals or particle systems. Also try removing infodecals with stripper.
ViralPlayZ
Old 01-19-2017 , 12:02   Re: [CSGO] Givving 10 euros to anyone willing to tell me why my players are crashing
Reply With Quote #20

Players on my ZE server (running ZR franug version 3.2) are just randomly crashing.
Couldn't detect a pattern yet

Maybe I will try and code a simple plugin which will be creating the different env_'s as mentioned in a post above.