Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)

Post New Thread Reply   

nf658
Old 04-16-2023 , 00:07   How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying various things to open the unofficial ff2. However, I used 1.10 sourcemod for the pleasant connection of srcd but the server is not responding. does anyone know how to fix this? in fact, i could see that part of the ff2 server was working normally in this way
Kolaxie
Old 04-16-2023 , 10:40   Re: How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf658 View Post
I'm trying various things to open the unofficial ff2. However, I used 1.10 sourcemod for the pleasant connection of srcd but the server is not responding. does anyone know how to fix this? in fact, i could see that part of the ff2 server was working normally in this way
SM 1.10 is not usable anymore due to Vscript update, you need to update to SM 1.11 and replace various stuff into unofficial ff2 if you want to keep using it, one of the major change being replacing reading .ff2 files into .smx since after SM 1.10 sourcemod doesn't read plugin outside .smx anymore

"Don't worry, it will obviously work first try. Trust me" -Famous Last Words

(Suck at Source SP smh)
J0BL3SS
Old 04-16-2023 , 12:41   Re: How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
FF2 Unofficial is not supported anymore. Freak Fortress 2:Rewrite is the way for now.
My Discord Name: J0BL3SS#5320 | j0bl3ss

I don't really look at steam or alliedmodders, contact me from discord if you need it.
nf658
Old 04-16-2023 , 20:44   Re: How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolaxie View Post
SM 1.10 is not usable anymore due to Vscript update, you need to update to SM 1.11 and replace various stuff into unofficial ff2 if you want to keep using it, one of the major change being replacing reading .ff2 files into .smx since after SM 1.10 sourcemod doesn't read plugin outside .smx anymore
could you teach me how to works SM 1.11 and unofficial ff2? there's a lot of confusion and chaos.. no one told me how and i couldn't find any information on the internet
nf658
Old 04-16-2023 , 20:46   Re: How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0BL3SS View Post
FF2 Unofficial is not supported anymore. Freak Fortress 2:Rewrite is the way for now.
rewrite has difficulty using the previous public bosses there are very complicated designs and flaws in the cfg lol
Kolaxie
Old 04-17-2023 , 19:18   Re: How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
could you teach me how to works SM 1.11 and unofficial ff2? there's a lot of confusion and chaos.. no one told me how and i couldn't find any information on the internet
Can't really guide you with that one, it's been a while since i edited mine to work on SM 1.11 but you can probably request information to other servers still running unofficial FF2 (mostly NEC Gaming)

"Don't worry, it will obviously work first try. Trust me" -Famous Last Words

(Suck at Source SP smh)
Joaquel
Old 04-17-2023 , 21:05   Re: How to works srcd using sourcemod old version (1.10)
Reply With Quote #7

I made a Sourcemod Fork that reverts the .ff2 files not load (only for Linux, since Windows doesn't compile for some reason, i never fixed it).

Github LINK
sourcemod-linux-clang-8 should work well.

As for FF2 gamemode, i need to make a Fork with some edits because of VScript things.
Discord: Joaquel#2003