Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

SkaP
Old 02-13-2010 , 18:59   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #491

Ok one more strip for C3M2 Swamp. This is a huge exploit blocker as it stops people from skipping the plane crescendo by jumping up the side of the plane. Thanks to a clipping issue you can easily jump over the plane without opening the door and activating the crescendo. This exploit blocker puts a huge debris wing on the spot of the clipping issue. Thanks to the way this is done this blocker looks a bit ugly as it clips the plane a bit but it had to be done. It kinda fits though since this is a crash site. I suggest using this as this exploit ruins the map.

Also Skorpion your filtering trigger_hurt ghost twice, I think thats your problem. Try Atomic's global filter looks like this:

PHP Code:
filter:
{

"classname" "func_playerinfected_clip"
}

filter:
{

"classname" "trigger_hurt_ghost"

That will filter trigger_hurt_ghost and not kill them from falling or drowning.

I think I got all the major map exploits in the game. If anyone else knows of any big ones or even tiny ones let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c3m2_swamp.cfg (237 Bytes, 184 views)

Last edited by SkaP; 02-13-2010 at 19:06.
SkaP
Old 02-14-2010 , 06:31   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #492

Two fixed strips for C2M3 Coaster and C1M3 Mall.

C2M3 - I saw a team still skip the coaster with the gates in place by jumping on the wooden beams next to the fences then jumping back on top of coaster starting point. In testing I could do it easily as well as jumping to the fence on the other side and getting up. This new version adds 4 new props to stop that along with the 3 Atomic already made. I wish Valve would fix this one already getting tired of blocking it after seeing a new approach each time.

C1M3 - After seeing another mannequin while playing today in that hallway I originally didn't realize how many mannequins could spawn in that hallway when looking at the VMF of the map. This new version should get rid of all of them in that hallway so no one can back over that collapsed door. If anyone sees anymore spawn there let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c1m3_mall.cfg (1.8 KB, 154 views)
File Type: cfg c2m3_coaster.cfg (1.7 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by SkaP; 02-14-2010 at 06:37.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 12:03   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #493

I tried the config file you gave me but C2M1 still not working. Then I removed everything from the global file, no change. I still can get through this fu...g fence . I have no clue why. The fact I can go through reminds me of spawning items with leftfortdead builder. There you can add "d" or "p" to the spawn command (dynamics, physics) and I think with "d" I also could walk through the items. Strange is that this c2m1 file is working for everyone else but me
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 13:47   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #494

Here, i've outlined how dynamic pathing would work.

ent_fire relay_hard_route_spawn trigger

causes the "hard" route to be built at any ingame moment, and

ent_fire relay_hard_route_remove trigger

causes it to disappear.

EDIT:

damn forum eating the special characters, im adding it as file
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c5m2_park.cfg (4.6 KB, 194 views)
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 13:55   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #495

@Atomic, there are strange symbols in your post. Can you upload it again, disabling smilies or whatever causes these symbols? Stripper wonīt let me change to c5m2
EDIT: Itīs also in the config file now. I see symbols in notepad++, wordpad...

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-14-2010 at 14:00.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 14:28   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #496

if its [ESC] symbols in npp++, theyre supposed to be there ^^
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 15:07   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #497

ah ok, I get it. thanks!
However I still cannot get the fences to work as theyīre supposed to. The fence in c5m2 on left side before park entry brakes me for short time (2/10 sec approx.) then I can walk through. The fence on c2m1 (shortcut over the bumper from the bus) doesnīt even brake me, it just lets me go through.
I reinstalled stripper 1.2.1, and put latest SM 1.4 2926 on server and deleted all plugins but SM out-of-the-box ones but still fences do not work for me. Is the fence not working on windows servers ?

@"targetname" "relay_hard_route_spawn" and "targetname" "relay_hard_route_remove":
You force the game to enable hard_route and in the second block you remove it ? I donīt get it. After I removed these 2 blocks in the map file the map looks the same, same blocking hedges all over. Where in c5m2 do I see the change about a hard route now ?

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-14-2010 at 15:21.
SkaP
Old 02-14-2010 , 16:49   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #498

Nice work Atomic I like it. I originally didn't do it this way(I wanted to have them maze it up the left side and forced though the gazebo then to the center) because technically by any team getting to the gazebo or toward the exit they got all the distance points for getting up there. I felt it was technically unfair that teams needed to backtrack to get more points and get no points because of it. Thinking about it now though no one would really notice and it does make it longer and harder.

Edit: I can never get the easy path to load, seems to always load the hard path. Must have reloaded it like 20 times.

Also Scorp I run a windows server and it works for me. It seems to me that the wasteland fence props are what are giving you problems. Can you load c2m1 highway and go to the motel. As you get to the motel stay on the road and when you finally hit that truck blocking your path try going though the two fences that block the motel that I added there and see if you can clip though those.

Also Atomic's code works like this. Those props are there no matter what like in my original but he added two logic relays that activate at map start. If the first logic relay activates the hedges will be there making the park long and maze like. If the second one activates then they are removed and the park looks normal making it easy. If you remove both relays the hedges will just be added like normal since all your doing is adding props.

Last edited by SkaP; 02-14-2010 at 17:30.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 17:45   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #499

either that code is missing something, or it cant be very dynamic. i loaded up a map 10-15 times with it always being hard mode.

is there supposed to be a logic_auto and/or a logic_case?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2010 , 17:53   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #500

Now I get it, so hedge_spawn is DEPENDING on what relay gets activated. However, it always loads hard route, I loaded it 10 times in a row. But thatīs great indeed as I like the maze there, so the hedges will stay permanently
@fences: All other fences work but not the wasteland fence . Exactly this one is letting everyone go through
@c5m2: I took this now for the fence on left side of park:

{
;Park Maze Blocker - Left Park entrance blocker
"solid" "6"
"origin" "-4840 -2864 -200"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"model" "models/props_urban/fence002_128.mdl"
"classname" "prop_dynamic"
"targetname" "hard_route_blocker"
}

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 02-14-2010 at 18:21.