Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Force custom PlayerModels [CS:S]

Post New Thread Reply   

trash_dogschidtt
Old 02-19-2023 , 20:23   Force custom PlayerModels [CS:S]
Reply With Quote #1

Recently put a server together for the first time. I got a map up and running, but adding the accompanying playermodels are not showing up after adding their files to /cstrike/models/ and /cstrike/materials/. Is it possible to replace the default models for all players without a plugin? And if not, is it possible to force them by default - the plugin (skinchooser) I've seen allows players to choose. Any answers/advice appreciated, cheers.
Ragnorrak
Old 02-20-2023 , 00:17   Re: Force custom PlayerModels [CS:S]
Reply With Quote #2

By default, the game will use the models that are included with the game, but you can replace them with your own custom models if you wish.

To replace the default player models for all players on your server, you will need to upload the custom models to your server's /cstrike/models/ folder and ensure that they are in the correct format (i.e. .mdl files). You should also ensure that the corresponding textures/materials for the models are located in the /cstrike/materials/ folder.

If you have already done this and the models are not showing up in-game or check commands at this site, you may need to ensure that they are correctly referenced in your server's configuration files.

Last edited by Ragnorrak; 02-26-2023 at 09:00.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2023 , 00:42   Re: Force custom PlayerModels [CS:S]
Reply With Quote #3

- You can not overwrite already exist models files. (For example default csgo game models)

- You need custom models, what have build/compiled using own folder-directory-path, which not exist by default in *css or csgo game.

*this is csgo thingy
- I think and assume you can set map specific CT and T models with KeyValue file gamemodes_server.txt
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._Player_Models

But SourceMod plugin could do this as well.

Last edited by Bacardi; 02-20-2023 at 00:44.
trash_dogschidtt
Old 02-20-2023 , 00:47   Re: Force custom PlayerModels [CS:S]
Reply With Quote #4

The new models are definitely where they need to be (eg. /cstrike/models/player/ct_gign.mdl). Which config file holds the references to models? I can only find the server.cfg which has no reference to any player models.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2023 , 01:32   Re: Force custom PlayerModels [CS:S]
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash_dogschidtt View Post
The new models are definitely where they need to be (eg. /cstrike/models/player/ct_gign.mdl). Which config file holds the references to models? I can only find the server.cfg which has no reference to any player models.
CS:S To allow players to use customized sound, models, textures files:
- You need tinker with server sv_pure mode and ...cfg/pure_server_whitelist.txt
- Or if you not care if players use custom files as cheating purpose, in your server, set sv_pure -1 in ...cfg/autoexec.cfg, reboot server
You can check sv_pure rules by entering in server and type in own client game console:
sv_pure

As a player, who want "replace" cs:s default sound,models,textures with custom one, in they own game.
- Install files in your own game (not in server), in ...cstrike/custom/abcdefg/
And you need mimic file path and file name exactly with game "original" one (originals locate inside VPK file).
You can install different models in different custom folder names if you not want mix all files in same folder. example ...cstrike/custom/abcdefg_2/
- Only you, as player, see your own customized mods in your game. Not other players in server.

From server side, if you want players to use custom models so everyone on server see them:
- Again tinker with sv_pure mode and pure_server_whitelist.txt or disable it.
- You need models/textures/sound files what not exist in game by default (or not locate inside VPK).
Because, you can not overwrite files on already exist one.
- Find (or build) custom model what have own unique file path. (example gamebanana server side)
Use SM plugin like
Sm_Skinchooser

Last edited by Bacardi; 02-20-2023 at 01:34.