Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1

Post New Thread Reply   

exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2009 , 07:15   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #21

Request: Could you guys make your string variables bigger? It is just needed me for translating. There are many phrases that are short in english but long in russian. Also UTF symbols uses 2 bytes of string arrays.

For developers: Colors library
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2009 , 07:52   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #22

Fixed my problem.
Exvel can you tell me more about the string variable length ? I mean i've translated short sentance in english 2 or 3 time biggers in french, will it cause any problem ? I tested it and it load fine, it should give me some errors parsing the translation file if it was too big no?
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2009 , 08:04   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #23

I don't think that french phrases is too long because they don't use many UTF-8 symbols. Anyway it can happen in menues' titles. The text will be simply circumcised without any errors.

RadziQ
Old 07-27-2009 , 10:56   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #24

I have one question. I have voting for next map plugin before end of map. Where can i change list of maps for vote?? I want to change official maps for zombie maps.
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-27-2009 , 15:08   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #25

RadziQ, depends on what plugin you're using for map votes, but there's some file that defines what maps your running. It's not related to ZR so I can't really answer much better than that.

exvel, if it's being truncated in chat, there's nothing I can do about that, because CS:S has a hardcoded limit of 192 characters. For the menus, I can make the variables larger, but I know that there is an overall limit to how many characters you can fit on a single menu. The current !zmenu in english barely fits in that limit.
Old 07-28-2009 , 05:24   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #26

Greyscale, I've seen this problem only in menus. I know that menu characters limit is 476 ASCII symbols (or 238 UTF). So it defenetly a plugin's limitation. In some menus I could rewrite translations to be shorter. But there are some strings that are too short. Here are examples:

[IMG]http://img12.**************/img12/1899/zr2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img30.**************/img30/4144/zr1x.jpg[/IMG]

These are ZAdmin -> Class Settings (Current Value is always cutted beacuse 1st and 2nd strings are stored in the same variable, the best way I think is to remove "Adjust Value" phrase) and ZMarket menus (too short menu items' names - 32 symbols limit (so 16 for UTF8)).

Also, there are many missed translations for simple words like Yes, No, On, Off.

Last edited by exvel; 07-28-2009 at 06:42.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2009 , 09:02   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #27

Lately I noticed that most ZR servers have "Zombie Mod" in their name. Don't know if they do that on puropse to make the server popular, but they run our plugin and advertise for Zombie Mod. How ironic. ^^

Some call it Zombie Mod 2.0, and even 3.0, but I just want to clarify that this is Zombie:Reloaded. This is a clone of Zombie Mod with lots of additional features.

It's their server so I can't really do anything about it. ^^

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-28-2009 , 09:08   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #28

In my server's name I only have "Serveur Zombie" to tell players it's a zombie server.

Now i've a question, isn't Zombie:Reloaded a zombie mod ?
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2009 , 09:54   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #29

Well it's a zombie mod, but not Zombie Mod itself if you see the difference.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-28-2009 , 10:12   Re: Release: Zombie:Reloaded 3.0 Beta 1
Reply With Quote #30

Yes but you can't blame them for calling Zombie mod, a zombie mod that's my point

Calling it Zombie Mod 2.0 is diffrent, it's like the eventscript one, maybe they just copyed it from other server's name ...

Some feedback now : Z:R 3.0 is much better then 2.5, in a first time I didn't see the real differences between the two plugins, but now I do.
Best improvement for me => No more random crashes !