Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Question about client settings set via server (on disconnect

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-25-2005 , 16:21   Question about client settings set via server (on disconnect
Reply With Quote #1

I want to force a setting client side when they connect. When the player_disconnected event fires, can you send a client command to them and it's recieved before they disconnect? Or is it to late?
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-25-2005 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #2

Im guessing your setting binds on the client ... the answer is DONT SET CLIENTS BINDS, ITS VERY VERY BAD !
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-25-2005 , 18:23  
Reply With Quote #3

It doesn't really matter what your opinion is on client server relational ethics are, so please leave them out of your responses. It's a simple yes\no response question... I would appreciate it if you just answered the question, and instead of assuming something, ask a question..

But, No.. I'm trying to force clients to not have icons over teammates heads. It's a setting they themselves can change in the dod options. I want to force it off for everyone in my server, but change it back to their original setting when they disconnect.
Monkwarrior
Old 12-25-2005 , 18:58  
Reply With Quote #4

I'm almost sure you are too late by then.
At that moment the steamID is not even known any more.

I was thinking the same about setting rates for clients (changing them back to their original values on disconnecting), but I'm afraid that also wouldn't work.

GL with the plugin, we are enjoying your reality mode so far.

Monk.

ps he's just 21 let's give the boy some slack
showdax
Old 12-25-2005 , 19:20  
Reply With Quote #5

That isn't really a good idea. They could just change the setting back while playing, and what happens if they disconnect during a map change? Your server plugin won't be able to undo any damage.
Send a message via MSN to showdax
c0ldfyr3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-25-2005 , 19:29  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by showdax
That isn't really a good idea. They could just change the setting back while playing, and what happens if they disconnect during a map change? Your server plugin won't be able to undo any damage.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka
It doesn't really matter what your opinion is on client server relational ethics are, so please leave them out of your responses. It's a simple yes\no response question... I would appreciate it if you just answered the question, and instead of assuming something, ask a question..

But, No.. I'm trying to force clients to not have icons over teammates heads. It's a setting they themselves can change in the dod options. I want to force it off for everyone in my server, but change it back to their original setting when they disconnect.
It was either that or Flame you for being a lazy sob, how long would it have taken to actually try it out for yourself ?
Regardless of the validity of my reply, this is a discussion forums and that was my 2c on the discussion.

And lastly, I am 99.99% positive that option could be turned off by a server cvar, and I dont even play DOD:S