Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO

Post New Thread Reply   

rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2014 , 13:15   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #21

Didn't see anything useful in the commit logs last time I checked. I did dig into the source code some time ago too, but didn't find anything useful. Someone will probably need to contact the CS: GO developers directly and ask about this issue. It's too difficult to find useful resources in the public domain. The developers know this stuff and know why CS behaves like that. This thread also describes the problem in detail and might be useful to link to.

ZR development has stalled again because I either don't have energy or resources for development and research. A lot has been done, but that's mostly framework and library stuff. I still don't want to give up ZR, it's just going really slow. I've got some tiny amount of work done during the Christmas holidays.

Since I don't have any dedicated time for this project, the estimates and progress is very unpredictable. Another developer or two might help, though they will need training (ZR-internals) and coordination. Unlike the old ZombieMod, ZR is open source, so I'm not the only person with access to the source code.

By the way, thank you for the support on CS: GO and questions on the forums. As long as we keep up with critical bugs and general support it will help keep ZR alive.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 01-07-2014 at 13:25.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
indungi
Old 01-10-2014 , 05:55   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
By the way, thank you for the support on CS: GO and questions on the forums. As long as we keep up with critical bugs and general support it will help keep ZR alive.
Like a critical bug, please provide us this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=159579 with CS:GO fix!
Some scripters are not giving a choise or not even sell they work on CS:Go fixes, how can we expect that ZR is keeping alive?

I pay 15E for scripter that fix this on CS:GO and after he will be able to public or idk. Just tell me!

For now: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=232956 - franc is not selling/providing his plugins. I don't blame him, i understand that they are unique.

Last edited by indungi; 01-10-2014 at 05:56.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-27-2014 , 16:24   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #23

gamemann pointed me towards this issue. When comparing CCSPlayer::GetPlayerMaxSpeed in CS:S and CS:GO there are two outstanding differences.

In addition to some obsolete checks (VIP, shield) CS:GO also caps the normal walking speed to 260.0 (and some other check which might cap the speed to 200.0, if the player is carrying a hostage?).

CS:S does have CS_PLAYER_SPEED_RUN set to 260.0 too, but doesn't enforce it in GetPlayerMaxSpeed.

I first tryed to patch CS_PLAYER_SPEED_RUN to some higher value, but failed. When nop'ing the movss which capped the speed at 260.0, there's been no visible change too.
There must be more in that method, which i didn't want to reverse, so the solution was to hook GetPlayerMaxSpeed and override it with some higher value, when the player is knocked around.

This seems to work fine at first glance, so i'm putting it here for people who actually play ZR to test

Edit: This requires DHooks!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (knockbackfix.sp - 287 views - 3.3 KB)
File Type: txt knockbackfix.games.txt (151 Bytes, 289 views)
File Type: smx knockbackfix.smx (4.6 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by Peace-Maker; 07-27-2014 at 18:48. Reason: Uploaded correct binary
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2014 , 17:09   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #24

I'll test it out today, great work mate!

(Doesn't matter that the .sp is called something different to the attached .smx does it? I'm assuming it's the same file.)
bebe9b
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2014 , 17:10   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #25

Last edited by bebe9b; 07-27-2014 at 17:12.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2014 , 18:10   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
gamemann pointed me towards this issue. When comparing CCSPlayer::GetPlayerMaxSpeed in CS:S and CS:GO there are two outstanding differences.

In addition to some obsolete checks (VIP, shield) CS:GO also caps the normal walking speed to 260.0 (and some other check which might cap the speed to 200.0, if the player is carrying a hostage?).

CS:S does have CS_PLAYER_SPEED_RUN set to 260.0 too, but doesn't enforce it in GetPlayerMaxSpeed.

I first tryed to patch CS_PLAYER_SPEED_RUN to some higher value, but failed. When nop'ing the movss which capped the speed at 260.0, there's been no visible change too.
There must be more in that method, which i didn't want to reverse, so the solution was to hook GetPlayerMaxSpeed and override it with some higher value, when the player is knocked around.

This seems to work fine at first glance, so i'm putting it here for people who actually play ZR to test

Tested and seems to work fine, now doesn't exist the knockback limitation on ground

Very nice

With this fix, dont need to use any other fix for the knockback, and seeing the code, this plugin hook "TeleportEntity" native and the knockback fix of morell dont support this plugin because dont use TeleportEntity, basically this fix and morell fix is not compatible, so use this fix and no the morell fix for the knockback

btw, the .smx file give a native error in load, not is the same that sp file, I attached the truely compiled version of the sp file
Attached Files
File Type: smx knockbackfix.smx (4.7 KB, 201 views)

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 07-27-2014 at 18:24. Reason: english correction
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2014 , 18:23   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #27

I haven't been able to test it myself yet, but nice hack!

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 07-27-2014 at 18:24.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2014 , 18:28   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #28

Some observations so far (Linux CS:GO server):
  • If a zombie doesn't move (i.e. AFK at spawn), the knockback from any weapon (bullet, nade, knife, taser) is extreme. A single bullet shot to the chest will punt the zombie across the map
  • Once the zombie takes a step, "normal" knockback sets in. This seems slightly better than before but I haven't played CS:S Z:R in over a year so I can't really say if it's comparable.
  • Knives and grenades used to send zombies flying, which they still don't really now.

EDIT: Ignore the above for now, this was with the wrong binary ;)

EDIT 2: Oh, we need DHooks too?

Last edited by Jargon; 07-27-2014 at 18:33.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2014 , 19:05   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #29

With the proper binary loaded and DHooks (tried alpha 1.0.13 and 1.0.14) I have zero knockback on my server. Though, interestingly, this seems to have removed the jump speedboost limitation so now zombies can zoom along after performing a few jumps.

Last edited by Jargon; 07-27-2014 at 19:12.
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-27-2014 , 20:13   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
(Doesn't matter that the .sp is called something different to the attached .smx does it? I'm assuming it's the same file.)
I failed and selected the wrong file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
With the proper binary loaded and DHooks (tried alpha 1.0.13 and 1.0.14) I have zero knockback on my server. Though, interestingly, this seems to have removed the jump speedboost limitation so now zombies can zoom along after performing a few jumps.
Yes, people can keep bhopping after being knocked back and keep their maxspeed uncapped. This could be fixed with by resetting the maxspeed to the engine value after 1 second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Tested and seems to work fine, now doesn't exist the knockback limitation on ground
It's working ok for you? What did you set the knockback strength config options to? I got a feeling this requires higher values than usual?

I've also attached the first approach i tried with changing CS_PLAYER_SPEED_RUN to some higher value, if someone wants to work on top of it. It didn't work out as expected :/

Here's also the seperate knockback plugin i've used for testing (and accidentally attached at first instead of the fix in the previous post). It's a stripdown of ZR's code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip knockbackfix.zip (1.2 KB, 228 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (knockback.sp - 237 views - 3.4 KB)