Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO

Post New Thread Reply   

rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2012 , 22:02   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #11

Those are just workarounds. We're looking for an actual fix that will make knock back behave as usual.

The one in the snapshot is bad. It works but the side effects are ugly. We probably need help form Valve to get a fix, the issue is most likely in the engine.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 10-16-2012 at 22:03.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Prechan
Old 12-29-2012 , 08:58   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #12

I'm looking for the latest snapshot you speak to correct the knockback problem. Could have a link?

Because I use R693 version on my server and there is no knockback.

Thank you !
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2012 , 10:00   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #13

There's no fix, but a workaround I don't like: http://www.helgeby.net/zrdev/release...-r546-r706.zip

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Prechan
Old 12-29-2012 , 10:35   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #14

Thank you Rhelgeby !
And good luck to find a fix !

It's really strange because the new version had no effect. Knockback is still inexistent. I'm sad ! ^^

Last edited by Prechan; 12-29-2012 at 10:57.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2012 , 14:39   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #15

Make sure you don't run any other knock back plugins that would conflict with the workaround in ZR.

It's just giving a upwards boost (with a limiter) when zombies take damage (as if they are jumping, but a bit stronger).

Prechan
Old 12-30-2012 , 11:48   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #16

It works ! Frans1sco's fix was the problem.

Thanks you ! =)

Last edited by Prechan; 12-30-2012 at 11:51.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-04-2013 , 20:15   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #17

Does anyone have any fresh insight into this problem? It's still really the only thing holding Z:R from being fully functional on CS:GO.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 05:25   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #18

In pretty much all Source games after CS:S I've played, I noticed that you doesn't slide on the ground anymore so I think it's something in newer engine versions and isn't unique in CS: GO.

Some time ago I made a map with two platform that had a trigger_push entity on them, with a very high velocity. One was long and the other was very short (16 units or something). By walking through the short one in CS:S you were pushed far away, but not in CS: GO. If I walked through the long one in CS: GO I was pushed at the expected speed, but quickly stopped at the end.

It obviously has something to do with floor friction, which is probably handled by the server and the client. Not much we can do without help from Valve. It might be enough to just call a function in the engine, or modify a value to suit our needs. Though I don't know which one.

If there's something we could really need, it would be an updated SDK for the newest game engines. Then we can study the code ourself and see how friction is applied.

Current SDK code: CGameMovement::Friction()

Since this is a reverse engineered SDK, I don't know if CS: GO actually use this code. It's almost identical to the same function in the CS:S SDK. However, this issue is quite interesting: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...Games/issues/8. Due to the steampipe changes, I hope they'll refresh the entire SDK.

Edit: They're really planning to do this: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...mes/issues/491

Last edited by rhelgeby; 05-07-2013 at 03:54.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2013 , 20:46   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #19

If it were just floor friction, I'd expect players to slide longer the higher push force you apply (as stuff would in the real world). Instead of floor friction it might be a sliding distance cap, so that you'll stop after a certain distance. The stop is smooth, so it seems to decrease speed at a rate depending on the max slide distance and player speed.

If there is a cap on slide distance, it might be possible to modify it - unless it's hard coded.

Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-07-2014 , 06:21   Re: Finding a knock back fix for CS: GO
Reply With Quote #20

There was some development a little while back with the SDK's, was there anything in them that anyone found useful?

Given that the tide is turning from CS:S to CS:GO in terms of both fresh updates and player counts it is probably time to start taking it more seriously as a potential for the next Z:R release. Take a look at the last 12 months of Steam stats for both games:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?acti...=1388494800000

I don't mean to sound pushy as I know like anyone else this is a hobby for you but I'd hate to see Z:R get left behind.