Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Which improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?

Post New Thread Reply   

Annihilator
Old 06-30-2010 , 12:57   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #11

Well, I'm not sure if ZM has is (never even considered it, ZR from the first day ) , but an external API that would let plugin makers to target specific classes would be kick-ass

P.S. As far as it goes, this mod has all my server needs
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-30-2010 , 14:02   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #12

That's in the works in zr-dev

http://helgeby.no-ip.org/zrdev/hg/hg...1c/src/include

Look in the zr folder as well, and there's still a lot more to add.
Old 07-04-2010 , 06:46   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #13

This should be another reason why people are switching from ZM to ZR.
http://www.zombiemod.com/forums/showthread.php?p=39284
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-04-2010 , 11:02   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #14

I'm a huge fan of ZR! I like most used ZM for a time, donated, and received the latest builds in emails. However the bugs and lack of updates far outweighed any loyalties I had to that plugin. When I switched to ZR I'll admit that the setup process was a bit of a pain, but my community playing the application allowed me to find issues. I highly suggest anyone "scared" of the configuration of this plugin please give it a try, it's not bad at all and functions so much better. My community loves it and so do I .

You guys do great work, I really appreciate it. I would like to see a configurable option for AFK mother zombie detection. If you are spawning only 1 zombie it can be a bit annoying if it's AFK. So it would be great if you can set a specific time in seconds to check if the Zombie is AFK and then make a new zombie based off the result. Thanks again guys!

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2010 , 11:06   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #15

We have a such idea where if the mother zombie doesn't manage to infect someone withing n seconds, it will choose another mother zombie.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-04-2010 , 11:42   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelgeby View Post
We have a such idea where if the mother zombie doesn't manage to infect someone withing n seconds, it will choose another mother zombie.
Awesome, looking forward to it in the next release. Now if only I could find a noblock script that doesn't ruin Zombie Escape maps .

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
smfanatic
Old 07-04-2010 , 14:06   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #17

I'm sure one of the main reasons some people prefer ZM over ZR is that ZM is its own plugin and does not require anything other than Metamod... I'm sure if you could ever compile ZR as a self contained plugin many many more people would prefer it.

I think ZR is great minus the bugs and the lack of some some features...but hey its still under development so that is expected.
santaclaus
Old 07-04-2010 , 14:16   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfanatic View Post
I'm sure one of the main reasons some people prefer ZM over ZR is that ZM is its own plugin and does not require anything other than Metamod... I'm sure if you could ever compile ZR as a self contained plugin many many more people would prefer it.
Actually i prefer ZR because :

- it's a SM plugin
- Open source
- active development
- Don't have to donate to get the latest version

smfanatic
Old 07-04-2010 , 14:25   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #19

Well thats you.. but I firmly believe that more people would use ZR if it were its own plugin. I have 6 servers total, two run ZR and 4 run ZM..why because ZM requires less.. and features such as !ztele work better. I have over 16,000 players on my servers through the week and most of them prefer the ZM servers....and thats from the players perspective...they don't even have to install and configure shit..

and yes open source is the best..besides the fact that exploiters and wannabe hackers can find ways to fuck your servers over easier

Last edited by smfanatic; 07-04-2010 at 14:33.
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-04-2010 , 15:27   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #20

daleGEND, that feature is actually already done in zr-dev.

smfanatic, yeah it is easier to install ZM, but SM has so many benefits.
  • It's an admin base, that plugins can communicate with.
  • It has auto-updating gamedata. So if an update breaks a game, the SM dev's take a few minutes to update the offsets and then everyone auto-downloads it.
  • The API for us is amazing. We can do pretty much anything without needing to hack the engine ourselves.
  • The support is great, just go on IRC and there's always someone willing to help.

What are the disadvantages? Downloading an 8MB file and uploading to your server? If that's the cost of having all of the above, then who wouldn't do it?

As for your players preferring ZM, all I can say is ZR can take many many forms, and the ones you are running are what your players don't prefer. We have a user, Sandfly (earlier in this thread he posted), who maxed out his 64 slot zombie server for the first time ever with ZR. He used to run ZM from the very beginning. So I don't think that either one attracts more people. To be honest I don't think the people care that much.

And ZR does take a lot of configuration work, but what's wrong with that? That's what makes it so flexible. We are planning on simplifying the configs on the outside, but for users who want to spend time on what ZR can do for your server we'll have some kind of "advanced" section.

Anyway, use whichever one works for you. At least you have options.