[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

Newsworthy
Old 06-08-2010 , 07:38   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cau3T View Post
Hi everyone,

tfdb_circonvolium_b4 is ready to play...
hey Cau3T, we love the concept of the map, its sometimes fun to just play "Last man standing" as in the last one not to fall from being knocked out...

But no rockets! Will not auto-spawn... I can manually spawn BLU rockets, but not RED.
Send a message via MSN to Newsworthy Send a message via Skype™ to Newsworthy
dogtime
Old 06-09-2010 , 04:36   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #142

nevermind

Last edited by dogtime; 06-10-2010 at 01:50. Reason: a
Cau3T
Old 06-09-2010 , 13:40   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #143

I see your map dogtime, and you have a leak. If you have a leak, the vvis.exe will not run and the skybox will not run too...

To see your leak, you can compile with bsp.exe only, and click on Map -> Load PointFile. This will trace a red ray which pass through your leak. You can repeat this operation for each leak...
dogtime
Old 06-10-2010 , 01:47   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cau3T View Post
I see your map dogtime, and you have a leak. If you have a leak, the vvis.exe will not run and the skybox will not run too...

To see your leak, you can compile with bsp.exe only, and click on Map -> Load PointFile. This will trace a red ray which pass through your leak. You can repeat this operation for each leak...
Thank you.

edit: sorry for this.

Last edited by dogtime; 06-10-2010 at 05:38.
yellowblood
Old 06-10-2010 , 02:13   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #145

it's a mistake to release a final version so soon.
if you're 100% you're done with this map, then release it as "rc", meaning Release Candidate. e.g. tfdb_granary_rc1.

Now if someone will find bugs or you will want to fix something in the map, you will have to release it as tfdb_granary_fix or something, which is terrible :<

Haven't tested the map yet... but I'm going to!
StrelokAU
Old 06-10-2010 , 03:27   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #146

Hello all, I'm trying to work out a problem with my map. Following the sample map (arcane) I used the same entities (2x info_target named rocket_spawn_blue and rocket_spawn_red respectively and 1x tf_gamerules and 1x tf_logic_arena) and with no modifications to any settings.

The rockets seem to spawn fine but once the server changes maps, it stops firing rockets all together until a server restart. As I said, there's no custom inputs/outputs in any entities and they're the same that other maps are using (I decompiled a few just to check) so I can't figure why it would cause this.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
dogtime
Old 06-10-2010 , 03:42   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblood View Post
it's a mistake to release a final version so soon.
if you're 100% you're done with this map, then release it as "rc", meaning Release Candidate. e.g. tfdb_granary_rc1.

Now if someone will find bugs or you will want to fix something in the map, you will have to release it as tfdb_granary_fix or something, which is terrible :<

Haven't tested the map yet... but I'm going to!
It occurs to me now I didnt actually test it at all, but i fixed all of what I wanted to after the original test i did, so I hope it will be ok?
rmccue
Old 06-10-2010 , 08:28   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #148

Hey guys, I've been working on 2 maps for dodgeball, and I believe they're both ready to post here. Both maps are based on sections of Hydro, but with modifications. I must say that I do adore this game mode (to note: dogtime, StrelokAU and I all play on Newsworthy's server, and it appears to be rather popular).

The first map is the last stage of Hydro, underground (with the uninventive name of "hydro"). It is a rather small map that still needs a bit of work, and quite possibly expansion. I'm also not yet quite happy with the spawns, and I believe there are also some areas that need blocking off (visually). With that said, I present to you:

tfdb_hydro_a2 - 4.0 MB

The second map is based on the radar dish in Hydro, and is appropriately named radar. I've removed a few small things which were annoying (things in the way). The main change I've made from the Hydro version is to change the cap zone into a pit of fire, to avoid people sitting on it and avoiding the rockets. I'd love feedback on this, as it's my main map:

tfdb_radar_a3.bsp - 6.8 MB

Let me know what you think! (Neither of these are on permanent rotation yet on our server, but hopefully they will be soon)

Edit: Radar's firepit is broken, it's not currently activating the trigger_hurt properly. I'll fix this ASAP. Still playable though.

Last edited by rmccue; 06-10-2010 at 08:39. Reason: Noting broken-ness of firepit
Mecha the Slag
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2010 , 15:34   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #149

Also why is TF2Items required? I try to keep the number of extension on a as low as possible and it seems completely unneeded.
Old 06-10-2010 , 15:41   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #150

It's used to modify the Flamethrower and Backburner. Without it you would need to switch to Flamethrower to play and quite a few hooks and a timer to replicate the functionality the attributes provide.

When I have some time I'm going to be restructuring the code a bit, this will remove some customization potential for people that can't compile the extension, but will make everything a bit more reliable.