Raised This Month: $161 Target: $400
 40% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

Post New Thread Reply   

Shadowysn
Old 05-10-2018 , 00:38   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
Alright, I compiled the fixed Left 4 Downtown 2 extension for windows according to Spirit_12's instructions.

To compile it, I used the source code & gamedata from the first post, and replaced player_slots.h and player_slots.cpp by the files from the Attano fork.

I also added Attano's signatures for Linux:

-CTerrorWeapon__OnHit
-CBasePlayer::WaterMove
-CTerrorGameRules__GetMissionInfo
-CBaseServer__FillServerInfo
-VanillaModeOffset

I took the liberty to include Spirit_12's linux files in the zip. Hence, the extension should work on both linux and windows.

EDIT: Playerslots doesn't work on windows, l4d_maxplayers can't be set above 8. Get l4dtoolz instead.
It seems Left 4 Downtown has prevented most of the people from joining my local server. I tried to disable many plugins to see which was the obstacle, but in the end it was the very extension i wanted that was guilty.

Local server was working a few days ago, with no one unable to connect.

They'd seem to wait a long time trying to join, and then '*player* unpaused the game' appears in the console but the person doesn't show up in the game. After waiting a bit they may get disconnected.

There would be mostly only one person that can connect, for reasons unknown.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 05-10-2018 at 00:39.
Crasher_3637
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2018 , 05:13   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
It seems Left 4 Downtown has prevented most of the people from joining my local server. I tried to disable many plugins to see which was the obstacle, but in the end it was the very extension i wanted that was guilty.

Local server was working a few days ago, with no one unable to connect.

They'd seem to wait a long time trying to join, and then '*player* unpaused the game' appears in the console but the person doesn't show up in the game. After waiting a bit they may get disconnected.

There would be mostly only one person that can connect, for reasons unknown.
Local servers are not reliable for handling SourceMod. If you want to host with full SourceMod compatibility, host a dedicated server. Local servers are more for testing simple plugins or messing around in by yourself. I've tried hosting a local server before and I always encountered bugs with various plugins returning errors that otherwise don't show up when on a dedicated server.