Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2015 , 13:29   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.2, 2015-05-16)
Reply With Quote #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwu View Post
I Installed that mod recently, but is there no auto switching of teams? It also often happens that a few props have weapons. Besides kicking these players, whats wrong here?
You have really bad timing. I was editing the post on the first page and the Install Guide just this morning to put PropHunt Redux 3.3.3 on it that fixes this.

The easiest way to do this is to just download the full zip and overwrite the things you have already.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-12-2015 at 13:33.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2015 , 13:42   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #542

Oh, I forgot to mention this when responding to Jwu. I've updated the PropHunt map list.

Most of these are the same maps from my post last month, but... ph_buckethunt got an update just a few days ago.

Also, Marshii let me know that ph_blockfort is going to have a new update sometime to fix some texturing issues in it.

I also just realized that PropHunt's workshop support won't actually work... whoops. Guess we'll have to wait until SourceMod 1.8.0 and PropHunt Redux 3.4.0 are both out for real workshop map support.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2015 , 14:00   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #543

Thanks man, its working now!
Duralmina
Old 08-05-2015 , 12:59   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #544

hey, I was wondering if it was possible to use the prophunt config to replace a classes primary (or any other) weapons to other classes weapons. i.e it could be interesting if the heavy could have his disabled minigun replaced with a rocket jumper. I've seen that work in Randomizer but I was wondering if it could be done in prophunt as well.

I tried to do this before, but it didnt work at all
Quote:
/////////////Heavy Primary///////////////////////

"15"
{
"name" "TF_WEAPON_MINIGUN"
"item_name" "#TF_Weapon_Minigun"
"self_damage_hunters" "0.0"
"replace" "tf_weapon_rocketlauncher_jump:237:0:1"
}
ronmelkhior
Old 08-18-2015 , 21:01   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #545

Seems like the plugin broke recently, teams no longer switch automatically. Any idea on how to solve this?
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 08-18-2015 , 21:44   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmelkhior View Post
Seems like the plugin broke recently, teams no longer switch automatically. Any idea on how to solve this?
Update this gamedata file and it should fix you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tf2-roundend.games.txt (134 Bytes, 102 views)
Old 08-28-2015 , 18:35   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #547

OK, apparently there's a typo in the PropHunt configuration file and it's not blocking the Wrapped Reviver Medigun because of it.

Here's a new version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prophunt_config.zip (8.8 KB, 73 views)
Old 09-03-2015 , 06:59   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #548

two quick questions:
when i installed this, it said the maps didn't exist unless i also put them in my regular maps folder. having the bz2 files on my fastdownload server and the maps on the tf server in /custom/prophunt/maps wasn't enough. is this normal?

also, when you are a prop, i see this . not sure if it is a placeholder for something or i did something wrong. thanks
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-03-2015 , 08:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #549

It should work to have the maps in custom/prophunt/maps . Granted, SourceMod has issues with finding maps unless you're using a 1.7.3 snapshot.

As for the label text, that's a bug introduced in a recent TF2 update. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it here yet... I was told about it a while back.

At some point, I should probably report it to Valve.
Old 09-08-2015 , 12:12   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)
Reply With Quote #550

A question:

I'm using PHR as a gamemode on a Slag-esque gamemode rotation server, and while snooping around for some funky maps, I came across Slag's whole FDL directory, which is oddly not redirected from.

So via that, I got a bunch of maps easier than usual, such as ph_clocktown, ph_spiral_mountain and ph_ootkakariko, aside from Clocktown missing a tonne of textures in odd places for inexplicable reasons, they obviously don't have PH map configs, and while I can make these myself, the normal TF2 models obviously wouldn't fit in. So the question is, is there a way we can use props from the map itself? I would assume they'd need to be packed into a VPK/server model download to not be screwed up. Could someone enlighten me on how to do this, if we can extract the map's models to use as props, or whatever process is relevant. (One would have thought that the relevant downloads would be on Slag's FDL, guess I just couldn't find them.)

Finally, is there an online resource that shows previews of TF2's models easily, since going through the whole of the misc_dir VPK is a real pain, + I can't actually see what they are.

Last edited by Noodl; 09-08-2015 at 12:15.