Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Smart KICK

Post New Thread Reply   

ViPer
Old 11-05-2004 , 05:30   Smart KICK
Reply With Quote #1

It would be really nice with a KICK plugin that is smart in the sense that it remembers if u have be kick before. The reason this would be good is because the kick feature is used in two scenarios:

1) if a player breaks one or more rules on the server but the violation isnt that survere that you want/need to ban that player
2) people that are afk for a longer time. taking slots but not using them

How this plugin should function:

It should function with mysql or something to keep the kick history records, but i dont know. So i leave this thinking to someone with better knowleage in making plugins.

What functions i would like this plugin to have:

1) 2 diffrent kick alternative "AFK KICK" (old fashion kick, doesnt remember it) and "PUNISH KICK" (this one gets into the kick history of the steamid being kicked)

2) Ability to set how many "PUNISH KICK:s" before it auto bans the steamid for 60min / permanent, somthing like this:
sm_kickautoban <#> // Amount of kicks before its auto banned for 60 min
sm_kick60ban <#> // Amount of kick after that "sm_kickautoban <#>" has been reached before it perm bans

** If # = 0 then it doesnt auto ban but it still keeps a kick history on all the steamids being kicked

I hope you guys get the idea, found it a bit hard to explain.
DarkMind
Old 11-05-2004 , 16:52  
Reply With Quote #2

Perhaps this could be implemented into ATAC. Doubtful, but possible. I believe you have a good idea, but I'm a bit vague on your actual intentions of a plugin of this nature.

Here's a few ideas for punishments:
1. disable talking/typing
2. restrict weapons
3. random reloading of weapon
4. change of name (Penis Wrinkle comes to mind)
5. pistol/knife only

There's more that could be done, but to be honest, it would be best to just ban the little dipshits.
IP = 66.208.107.35:27015
K2
Old 11-06-2004 , 21:47  
Reply With Quote #3

I dont see why a smark kick couldnt be included to the ATAC plugin. That plugin already remembers you for X amount of minutes or hours if you tw/tk and leave before you reach your limit.

Differnet levels of punishment would be hilarious... a bit more spice added to the boring warn/kick/temp ban/perm ban scenario ;)

Things like:

- user drops weapon every 3 sec
- constantly looks up/down
- can only turn left (or your other left ;) )
- can only run backwards

and so on. Hell, this should be renamed from 'smark kick' to 'smart kick/punishment' heh ;)
imported_malex
Old 11-06-2004 , 21:57  
Reply With Quote #4

And a wallhack for everyone else, so they can see you through walls.

\malex\
DarkMind
Old 11-07-2004 , 11:52  
Reply With Quote #5

A punishment called 'Pothead'.

Just swap their directional binds and reverse their mouselooks. That way they run around looking like a pothead.
IP = 66.208.107.35:27015
usbongteam
Old 11-22-2004 , 16:26  
Reply With Quote #6

removed ----
imported_malex
Old 11-22-2004 , 16:32  
Reply With Quote #7

This is getting a little off-topic, but I don't like TA/TK punishments where the attacker is killed for accidental shootings. I have no problems with start-of-round TA/TK being so punished, along with cases of massive TA/TK. Killing the attacker because a teammate walked in front of him in battle, however, is bad for the team. It potentially removes two members, instead of just one, giving the other team a random advantage.

\malex\
imported_VashX
Old 11-24-2004 , 12:22  
Reply With Quote #8

actually there was a plugin like that for amx im not sure if it got ported to amxx.

this is how it worked.
you would kick the player with a reason or the server would kick him for breaking a rule like tking too many times and the next time he came back an announcement would be made (this could be set to either just admins or all players) to the admins thru admin chat saying why he was kicked and when. The plugin also allowed you to put a warning on the player without kicking him like saying this is a possible hacker watch him.
so that when he joins the admins would no hes a possible hacker and that they should watch him. and if he exceeded a certain amount of kicks he would be banned for a certain amount of time like 5 minutes and the ban would increase every time he came back and made another offense untill the point it became a perm ban.

although a plugin i would like to see is one where when someone gets banned the person banning that player has to give a reason then the time,date, reason, player name, ip, steam id, and which admin he was banned by would be sent to an email or special log where one of the higher admins or main admins could review recent bans and kicks to see if there lower level admins are abusing there poweres.