12% 

ATAC

Post New Thread Reply   

ShadowKat
Old 11-01-2004 , 10:20  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMama
I think ATAC should be kept away from the core. Let others in the community spend time and effort on ATAC once SourceMod is released. Not because I think it's not important, but because the people working on SourceMod itself will have their hands full allready This way we even things out a bit.
I have to respectfully disagree with you Mama =] I think atac would be great as part of the core, you don't have to use it if you dont' want to =] Rcon is to restrictive to those who accidently shoot a teammate in a fire fight, the one killed does have the option to forgive. It really does help.
imported_YoMama
Old 11-01-2004 , 10:36  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKat
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMama
I think ATAC should be kept away from the core. Let others in the community spend time and effort on ATAC once SourceMod is released. Not because I think it's not important, but because the people working on SourceMod itself will have their hands full allready This way we even things out a bit.
I have to respectfully disagree with you Mama =] I think atac would be great as part of the core, you don't have to use it if you dont' want to =] Rcon is to restrictive to those who accidently shoot a teammate in a fire fight, the one killed does have the option to forgive. It really does help.
ShadowKat,

I don't think you read my motivation

You mentioned Rcon, but you meant ATAC, right? Anyways...

I'm not debating the usefullness, it's just that ATAC (and other 'large' plugins) require a lot of maintenance (trust me, I know ;) ). We will allready have our hands full with SourceMod itself, let alone spending time and effort on things like ATAC.
Send a message via ICQ to imported_YoMama Send a message via MSN to imported_YoMama
K2
Old 11-01-2004 , 11:48  
Reply With Quote #13

I have to agree with YoMama. While ATAC is (in mine and many others opinion) an important script to have, it shouldnt be part of the core of sourcemod. The only things I could really see being necessary as part of the core would be administrative functions. Anything else should be considered a plug-in to be added by admins as they see fit.

Dont get me wrong... a sourcemod version of ATAC will be the first script I implement. But from a design and maintenence standpoint, it should be left as a plugin.
DarkMind
Old 11-03-2004 , 14:40  
Reply With Quote #14

I think it would be kewl if ATAC was abridged with PsychoStats. Here are a few of my ideas about this:

Stats page(s) devoted to ATAC
  • *Icons / Progress Bars to represent total TD, TKs & etc
    *Chronological list of players attacked & attacked by
    *List of Punishments (punishers & victims w/ icons)
IP = 66.208.107.35:27015
K2
Old 11-03-2004 , 15:56  
Reply With Quote #15

Yeah I like that idea ;)
Dygear
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-03-2004 , 17:06  
Reply With Quote #16

I believe that the core files should have a striped down version of ATAC while its feathers are extensive, they are too much. I know, how could you get to much, well in a core plugin, it should do what it is meant for, there is no reason for a plugin to do 200 things, in small at least this hurts to performance of that plugin. I do rember that if you had a plugin over 200KB you would notice a huge performance hit. This may not be true in C++, only time will tell.
Old 11-11-2004 , 08:14  
Reply With Quote #17

HEH, well your the developer Mama, just as long as we have ATAC (or it's equivalent) is fine with me. Actually I did mean Rcon or at least the few FF on options given to us by the current configuration; it's very unforgiving. We are currently having horrible problems with Tk'ers on our server and I'm just about ready to turn FF back off until SourceMod is out and running. My admins are constantly patrolling the server for idiots and morons and don't even get a chance to play for the constant childish behavior of certain people.

I wish all the SourceMod Developers quick fingers and few bugs
Ricebowl
Old 11-25-2004 , 15:19  
Reply With Quote #18

I can understand the reasons for keeping ATAC out of the core of SM. That's fine. I just hope it's one of the very first plugins to be made though. I'm DESPERATE for it!