Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Interacting with objects

Post New Thread Reply   

imported_malex
Old 10-23-2004 , 04:00   Interacting with objects
Reply With Quote #1

Simple suggestion, but one that may not be simple to implement. I would like the ability to interact more with the objects laying around than just shooting them. I want to pick up cans and throw them, I'd like to kick crates around, I'd like to shove bodies ahead of me. Here's my rational. Often times in DoD snipers and machinegunners block off paths by patiently waiting for the enemy forces. They lay in wait, aimming at the likely approaches, shooting at anything that moves. They can often hide in several potential places, and the only way to find them is to have a teammate run through, likely dying, to reveal the location. Instead, I'd like to take something laying around, and push it slowly ahead of me, perhaps tricking the camper into revealing himself, or distracting him long enough to run past.

A less serious example would be playing soccer with an old tin can, so prevalent in CS:S.

\malex\
meticulousservers
Old 11-16-2004 , 11:01  
Reply With Quote #2

Italy, watermelon races...

Try it sometime. I spent a good 5-10 minutes kicking the melons around on the ground, shame they won't get up the varying ground details.
Send a message via Yahoo to meticulousservers
scout121
Old 11-17-2004 , 11:35  
Reply With Quote #3

ever play blade of darkness, that was a great game that got little justice.

you could chop off any limb from your enemy. Then pick up the head, arm, foot, and throw it at your next living enemy. There would throwing distance adjustment and the whatever object u threw would cause damage. You could throw everything in the game. That was truely a work of art for its time
Saiyr
Old 11-17-2004 , 15:18  
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah, I was pretty sorely disappointed that you couldn't pick barrels up. It was so fun to do it when playing HL2 yesterday.