Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Samantha
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-17-2010 , 21:25   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

I suggest to everyone not to go near Xfactor servers. I tried their servers, asked for a refund. They denied it and refused to give it back, even though they couldn't provide the slots i asked for.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2010 , 22:27   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWagstaff View Post
You work for friggin gameservers if I'm not mistaken.
That's exactly how I know...
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-17-2010 , 23:16   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Well, since GSP preference is obviously like asking someone for the best flavor, what's a really cheap yet high quality dedicated server provider so I could run my own server? Anyone have experience with this?
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
savagekid
Old 05-18-2010 , 06:58   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

I've heard good things about ColoCrossing.com.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2010 , 17:01   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
Gameservers.com. I can tell you with 100% certainty that neither the network nor machines are overloaded. Open a ticket if you are having lag issues.
Device is biased! Id have to go with NFO(nuclear fallout), saves you from all the BS that for profit GSPs tend to exhibit.

This is the billionth thread on the subject.

savagekid
Old 05-18-2010 , 19:26   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

I must say although NFO has good servers, their prices are a bit steep.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2010 , 23:32   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

They just lowered them for a sale so they arent that bad.

Kigen
BANNED
Old 05-19-2010 , 01:13   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Meh, I've started my own GSP. Got a box in Dallas, TX currently. If interested PM me and we can work out a price. I would just post the URL here but I want to avoid flat-out advertisement. Plus the front page isn't that pretty. But the whole system is fully functional.
bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2010 , 20:14   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWagstaff View Post
Well, since GSP preference is obviously like asking someone for the best flavor, what's a really cheap yet high quality dedicated server provider so I could run my own server? Anyone have experience with this?
http://overstock.ubiquityservers.com/

Take a look at their overstock deals. Our current box is with them, and we have no problem with them. Also my previous services with them didn't disappoint me either. I have had Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York locations with that company. Good network, as our community will expand, we will continue to buy boxes from them.
MisterNine
Old 05-23-2010 , 07:28   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Our 32 slot TF2 server is through www.FragFestServers.com. The people there are absolutely incredible, namely Broseph. There's no way I could say enough good things about these guys from the price to the quality.

I've had servers at:
www.GameServers.com - Decent basic servers. Moved away because they only offered 24 slots and I prefer TCAdmin.
www.Branzone.com - Our first 32 slot TF2 server host. Great people, but we needed to shave a few bucks off our monthly bills so I took a leap of faith and moved to www.fragfestservers.com .
www.XFactorServers.com - Our L4D2 server host. The issue with these guys for us is that our servers have twice been shut down shortly after I get an e-mail stating I'd made an unallowed change to the server's configuration by increasing the slots from 8 to 16 which is ridiculous when we don't even have that kind of command line access. We'll be moving L4D2 servers to FragFest soon.
Closed Thread