Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Simple Vote Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

xF . Tick Tock Man
Old 07-15-2017 , 13:05   Simple Vote Plugin
Reply With Quote #1

I would love to have a simple custom vote plugin I can use to replace basevotes - I need to be able to create custom votes, but do not wish to provide the option for my other staff to trigger any kick/ban/map votes. Before anybody suggest that I use adminoverrides to limit access, YES I am aware that this can be done, but for reasons too complex to detail here, that is not a viable option - I just need basevotes gone altogether.

The plugin I would like need do nothing more than allow you to create a custom vote and display the result. Would be lovely if SM offered the option to toggle a cvar or even a .cfg where you could comment out the default votes you don't wish to appear.

Last edited by xF . Tick Tock Man; 07-25-2017 at 16:31.
WatchDogs
Old 07-16-2017 , 17:11   Re: Simple Vote Plugin
Reply With Quote #2

Hi

Why don't you use this ?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2097623
xF . Tick Tock Man
Old 07-25-2017 , 15:51   Re: Simple Vote Plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchDogs View Post
This is still 10x more than I need....

Really only need to be able to create votes like:

sm_vote "Server game"

sm_vote "Which Game" Spycrab LMS Kart_race

I don't need to exclude anyone, change any cvars, set any conditions...

Really JUST need the basic vote creation ability through console...

Also would really like for there not even be a Voting Options menu - literally NOTHING more than just basic votes that calculate the totals and display them, one access flag in adminoverrides.cfg and done.

This really is one of those "Less is more" type things, no bells, no whistles, no blinking lights, just base functionality.

*At this point I would be happy with just the ability to remove the voting commands menu option and still be able to create custom votes. (For all the amazing things SM does - the ability to modify/reorder/create menus easily is sorely lacking. Mani had it's faults, but you could easily make the menu function exactly as you wanted without being an expert in coding)

Last edited by xF . Tick Tock Man; 07-25-2017 at 16:28.
BraveFox
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2017 , 18:22   Re: Simple Vote Plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF . Tick Tock Man View Post
This is still 10x more than I need....

Really only need to be able to create votes like:

sm_vote "Server game"

sm_vote "Which Game" Spycrab LMS Kart_race

I don't need to exclude anyone, change any cvars, set any conditions...

Really JUST need the basic vote creation ability through console...

Also would really like for there not even be a Voting Options menu - literally NOTHING more than just basic votes that calculate the totals and display them, one access flag in adminoverrides.cfg and done.

This really is one of those "Less is more" type things, no bells, no whistles, no blinking lights, just base functionality.

*At this point I would be happy with just the ability to remove the voting commands menu option and still be able to create custom votes. (For all the amazing things SM does - the ability to modify/reorder/create menus easily is sorely lacking. Mani had it's faults, but you could easily make the menu function exactly as you wanted without being an expert in coding)
You can do in your console
sm_vote "Your First Arg.." "Your Second Arg.." "Your Thirdy Arg..."
Discord: Noy#9999
Taking Private Requests
xF . Tick Tock Man
Old 07-30-2017 , 01:45   Re: Simple Vote Plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
You can do in your console
sm_vote "Your First Arg.." "Your Second Arg.." "Your Thirdy Arg..."

Pretty sure I did exactly that in the post above, suggesting that maybe, just maybe I was already aware of that. Also pretty sure in the original post I indicated that that what I was looking for was a substitute plugin for basevotes that supplies ONLY the custom vote functionality....

Not sure what else is required to indicate the scope and purpose of my request other than plain English, with the requirements and considerations clearly outlined....

But, just in case my original post was too obscure..

Need a SUBSTITUTE for basevotes that ONLY does custom votes and adds nothing to the admin menu. It does not need to change any cvars, execute any commands on player or server other than just count the votes and display the totals.....

Yes I friggin know I can limit access through adminoverrides.cfg - Yes I friggin know I can already run custom votes using the syntax plainly indicated in the SM documentation. What I don't know is how to edit out the unneeded parts of basevotes, or where to find an operable substitute for it - which is what I asked for begin to with, and what I can only hope is now apparent that I am still looking for...

Last edited by xF . Tick Tock Man; 07-30-2017 at 01:48.