Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

MG timer plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

mrdrug11
Old 07-24-2017 , 17:59   MG timer plugin
Reply With Quote #1

I've tried so many Timer plugins but cant find a good one that works well for MG. Does anyone know any good plugins for timer that will work well for a MG server ? Please link
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2017 , 22:37   Re: MG timer plugin
Reply With Quote #2

You can basically get any timer plugin and just add your own things - including removal of changes.
I replied to you with "my plugin wasn't designed for course servers" in my timer plugin's thread, but that's about the stock version.

Some edits can get it to work just fine, like fine-tuning cvars or simply removing code lines of things you don't necessarily want. I say it because I personally run it on my own MG server without any code additions, but just removals.

What I removed from my timer plugin to get it working properly for MG was to:
1. Get rid of the bots/rankings/chat modifications (disabled the plugins entirely).
2. Removed all commands/events that simply aren't fitting for an MG server with rounds, such as styles/noclip/checkpoints etc. Including the jointeam listener, as it'd allow infinite respawning for maps with spawn killers.
3. Tuned cvars to fit to my usage.

It's not very hard to do at all. I doubt you can find any bhop timer that can work well for an MG server with stock settings.
Old 07-24-2017 , 23:09   Re: MG timer plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
You can basically get any timer plugin and just add your own things - including removal of changes.
I replied to you with "my plugin wasn't designed for course servers" in my timer plugin's thread, but that's about the stock version.

Some edits can get it to work just fine, like fine-tuning cvars or simply removing code lines of things you don't necessarily want. I say it because I personally run it on my own MG server without any code additions, but just removals.

What I removed from my timer plugin to get it working properly for MG was to:
1. Get rid of the bots/rankings/chat modifications (disabled the plugins entirely).
2. Removed all commands/events that simply aren't fitting for an MG server with rounds, such as styles/noclip/checkpoints etc. Including the jointeam listener, as it'd allow infinite respawning for maps with spawn killers.
3. Tuned cvars to fit to my usage.

It's not very hard to do at all. I doubt you can find any bhop timer that can work well for an MG server with stock settings.
I dont code so if i did look through the codes and had to remove lines i would not know what to remove. If you could tell me every plugin/stuff to remove in depth it would be great as im not sure what exactly what stuff to do remove/add.
mrdrug11
Old 07-26-2017 , 23:32   Re: MG timer plugin
Reply With Quote #4

bump