Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Bugblatter Monster (SniperBeamer)

Post New Thread Reply   

MrShotgun
Old 11-16-2004 , 12:50  
Reply With Quote #141

come on someone please walk me throught this . I want to have monster spawn and all my map cycles.
Old 11-16-2004 , 23:59  
Reply With Quote #142

Well when they say read the manual they mean read the manual. It is in there. You can find it in the plug-in files you downloaded in the monster/docs folder. If you can't figure that out then here is Blatters online documentation;
http://www.ravenousbugblatterbeast.p...Docs/index.htm
Specifically read the section "User Guide". It explains it clearly there.

If you don't allready have it you will need the Admin All In One Commands plug-in found here; http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=5109. This will gain you the amx_userorigin command. You will need it to get locations on each map for your monster spawn points.

Just follow the instructions in the "MANUAL" and you should be able to set up all of your maps.

A little advice. Check everything that came with your plug-ins for documentation first. Then open your plug-ins source or .sma file and look for information there. If you don't find anything come here and read the first post in the plug-ins support thread for possible author specific support sites or links to documentation. Then read the entire thread to see if your question can be found allready answered. The reason you were told to read the manual is because this has been gone over allready and the information you seek is in there. I know these threads can be rather long (if you think this one is long go look at CSDM) but that is in a large part due to people asking the same question over and over again and people get tired of answering the same thing repeatedly. Help all of the guys out here and help yourself.
Old 11-17-2004 , 02:20  
Reply With Quote #143

thanks put I am still having problems. when i run command amx_plugins is says it loaded ok but when I use command "bbmonster_spawn hassassin"
it says "Monster:" and does not create anything? If I had a file in the wrong place it would not load right?

Admin Chat 0.20 AMXX Dev Team adminchat.amxx running
Anti Flood 0.20 AMXX Dev Team antiflood.amxx running
Scrolling Message 0.20 AMXX Dev Team scrollmsg.amxx running
Info. Messages 0.20 AMXX Dev Team imessage.amxx running
Admin Votes 0.20 AMXX Dev Team adminvote.amxx running
NextMap 0.20 AMXX Dev Team nextmap.amxx running
Nextmap Chooser 0.20 AMXX Dev Team mapchooser.amxx running
TimeLeft 0.20 AMXX Dev Team timeleft.amxx running
Pause Plugins 0.20 AMXX Dev Team pausecfg.amxx running
Stats Configurati 0.20 AMXX Dev Team statscfg.amxx running
Restrict Weapons 0.20 AMXX Dev Team restmenu.amxx running
StatsX 0.20 AMXX Dev Team statsx.amxx running
CS Misc. Stats 0.20 AMXX Dev Team miscstats.amxx running
UWC3 1.0.0-R K2mia uwc3.amxx running
Plugin Gore 1.0 mike_cao amx_gore.amx running
FakeFull 1.0 Freecode Fakefull.amxx running
Bugblatter's Mons 3.5 SniperBeamer plugin_blatt_mo running
28 plugins loaded
28 plugins running
Old 11-17-2004 , 12:12  
Reply With Quote #144

Did you install the monster_mm.dll? You must install the monster_mm.dll for metamod for this to work. Type "meta list" in the console to see if it is running. If you don't see it listed then you entered it wrong or not at all.

You should have a folder in your addons folder called "monster". In this folder you should have "config" and "dlls" and the monster_mm.dll should be in the "dlls" folder. In your plugins.ini located in addons\metamod you should have this line; win32 addons/monster/dlls/monster_mm.dll. Check all of that and then check your meta list again to see if it is running.

Again, all of this info is somewhere in this thread and I believe more then once. Also it is spelled out clearly in the manual. The manual was written for AdminMod but it isn't that hard to figure out.
Old 11-17-2004 , 14:47  
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by spode
Did you install the monster_mm.dll? You must install the monster_mm.dll for metamod for this to work. Type "meta list" in the console to see if it is running. If you don't see it listed then you entered it wrong or not at all.

You should have a folder in your addons folder called "monster". In this folder you should have "config" and "dlls" and the monster_mm.dll should be in the "dlls" folder. In your plugins.ini located in addons\metamod you should have this line; win32 addons/monster/dlls/monster_mm.dll. Check all of that and then check your meta list again to see if it is running.

Again, all of this info is somewhere in this thread and I believe more then once. Also it is spelled out clearly in the manual. The manual was written for AdminMod but it isn't that hard to figure out.
Thanks for the help but If you do not know anything about code it is very hard to get this plugin working. I had les trouble getting Ultimate Warcraft3
working then this. The infor was easier to understand.

As I have said before i am a noob trying to get a server set up. There is no one in my area that can help me, in fact my server will be one of only two game servers in this state, WV. So I need all the help I can get and these message boards are the only way I have of getting any at all. So foegive my questions. if I am slow, I know nothing about code. But I am tring very hard.
Old 11-17-2004 , 23:50  
Reply With Quote #146

OK, to clarify. There are two parts to this mod. There is BugBlatters Monster Mod which runs as a metamod module and is loaded by the plugins.ini found in addons/metamod. You check to see if this is loaded by typing meta list in the console to see what metamod plug-ins are running. The second part is SniperBeamers Monster Mod Plug-in that runs as an AMX Mod X plug-in and is loaded by the plugin-ini in the amxmodx folder. You check this by typing amx_plugins in the console. Since we know that you have the plug-in running in AMXX I am assuming that you do not have the metamod plug-in running. The metamod module is the "Monster Mod", the AmxModx plug-in simply controls the mod. You need the module or the plug-in has nothing to control and will just sit there.

So go to your server and type meta list without the quotes in the console and copy the results and post it here. There is no sense in continuing this conversation until you check to see that the monster mod module is running.

Just so you know I couldn't write code to save my soul. I am just a user like you. I can hack code to a certain extent to suit my needs but if I need something I need to wait till someone writes something or use one that already exists. I can however read instructions and figure things out. I have to learn this stuff the hard way just like you and this mod is not that complicated. It is actually pretty easy.
Old 11-18-2004 , 00:09  
Reply With Quote #147

thanks you for your help

I still have something wrong.

] meta list
Currently loaded plugins:
description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm.dll v0.2 ini ANY ANY
[ 2] <monster_mm.dll badf load monster_mm.dll v - ini - -
2 plugins, 1 running

here is my D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\metamod\plugins

win32 addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm.dll
win32 addons/monster/dlls/monster_mm.dll

in D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls
I have 3 files
metamod.dll
monster_mm.dll
monster_p4Athlon_mm.dll

I have the file I download "monster"
here
D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\metamod\monster

I put the two amx files
plugin_blatt_monster.amx in D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\plugins
and the plugin_blatt_monster.sam her
D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting

I added this line to my plugins.cfg file
plugin_blatt_monster.amx

imy plugins.cfg files is here D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs

when I type in amx_plugins i get this

Bugblatter's Mons 3.5 SniperBeamer plugin_blatt_mo running
All-in-One Comman 1.6 AMX(x) Community admin_allinone. running

so what am I doing wrong.
And thanks again for the help
Old 11-18-2004 , 10:39  
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShotgun
meta list
2 plugins, 1 running
Until you get the module running properly you wont have a working setup as he explained already. Check for typo's and file location... if that doesn't show the error ensure the .dll isn't bad or try a different one.

Vic/DT
Old 11-18-2004 , 11:53  
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShotgun
] meta list
2 plugins, 1 running

here is my D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\metamod\plugins

win32 addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm.dll
win32 addons/monster/dlls/monster_mm.dll

in D:\HLServer\cstrike\addons\metamod\dlls
I have 3 files
metamod.dll
monster_mm.dll
monster_p4Athlon_mm.dll
Well it looks like the module isn't loading because the file is in the wrong location. Notice in the quote above in red you have the command to load the file correct as it says in the instructions. However in the next part in green you show the monster_mm.dll file as being in the metamod\dlls folder. This file should be in addons/monster/dlls. Try moving this file and check again. The command line you put in plugins.ini is the exact location of the file you are trying to load.
Old 11-18-2004 , 14:05  
Reply With Quote #150

it is working

[ 2] Monster RUN - monster_mm.dll v3.01.04 ini Chlvl Chlvl
2 plugins, 2 running

Spode thanks you very much for taking the time to help me