Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

ShambleS
Old 08-28-2010 , 19:03   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #701

sv_cheats 1
in server.cfg enables cheats always..

If your using cheat commands in the cfg and thats why you want the cheats enabled its better to add SM_ 1st so
cvar z_versus_jockey_limit "2"
would be
sm_cvar z_versus_jockey_limit "2"

As for your other questions...
are you using l4dtoolz for l4d2 and superversus to unlock the slots and players? Superversus will spawn the bots when you start the game.

Other plugins will spawn a new bot when some one joins.

You could try
sb_all_bot_team "0"
to stop the bots clearing the level, But idk if that wil help
uriel18
Old 08-30-2010 , 07:35   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffy View Post
Greetings,

I'm desperately trying to run this plugin and so far I managed to get it work for 60%.

In Single Player Mode, the following happens:

A message appears: "This server runs 8 survivors" Later, I get: "Use !csm...to choose a character..."

I can choose any character with this mod, even the witch.

I RECOMEND DISABLE SKINS OF INFECTEDS FOR SURVIVORS AND DISABLE THE CSM WHOLE PLUGIN FOR INFECTEDS

Only 4 players are there, original characters from l4d2.

I can manually set them to other characters, but the max amount of players will always be 4, whatever I use, it doesn't work, it just stays 4

USE SUPERVERSUS AS A SAID, AND SET LIMIT TO 8 SURVIVORS

In Campaign Mode > Friends Only Game > Local Server, the following happens:

The messages from the mods appear.

I see all 8 survivors, all l4d1 and l4d2 characters, no double Nicks etc.

The l4d2 survivors are acting like bots, just like normal.

The l4d1 survivors are acting own their own...I can see them, heal them but it's like they are an other team. They were trying to clear the level, which was somewhat cool for me to see, but it's not what I want.

YOU HAVENīT DOWNLOAD THE STUFF IN FIRST PAGE, AND YOUīRE ADDING MANUALLY THE BOTS VIA SB_ADD FRANCIS... YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE KWSKIīS 8 SURVIVORS PLUGIN

This only happened once, when I'm trying to start another server, the mod doesn't appear though the sv commands etc. do.

What do I need to change if I want to have sv_cheats on, permanently?

SV_CHEATS ARE NOT NECCESARY FOR NOTHING TO USE THIS MOD. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS IN FIRST PAGE.

What else do I have to do in order to get this work in singleplayer(I don't have any friends, I do not want to play online etc.)

WHEN YOU FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS, THERE MUSNīT HAVE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SINGLEPLAYER OR COOPERATIVE WITH FRIENDS. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A FUNCTIONAL PLUGIN.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2010 , 07:42   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShambleS View Post
ok how well is this working now??

I finaly got sourcemod working on l4d2. and have superversus runing 6 player co-op.

I want to know if it shows up 6 player icons at the bottom. If the game will auto asign the correct players to the bots.. (so there are never two of the same people) or if you have to manualy chose a player using a plugin.

ICONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS MOMENT

The bill moddel problem wont bother me as it will just be 6 players so not having him would be fine..

Im also worried about things that used to happen with superversus on l4d 1..

example (1)

"Louis(1) not doing anything. Louis(2) wakes up witch. Witch attacks Louis(1)"

ITīS A COMMON BUG OF ALL PLUGINS THAT USES MORE THAN 4 SURVIVORS. ANYWAY THERE ARE A LOT OF FIXES TO METAMOD THAT SOLVE THIS. I USE ALSO ONE TO CORRECT THE DEFIB BUG THAT REVIVE YOU WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY ALIVE.

Example (2)
"4 players all chose to be louis. at the end of the map louis(1) has no medkits or molotovs and no ammo. Louis 2-3 and 4 have Either molotovs med kits or pipe bombs. New map starts and every one has same equipment as Louis(1) losing all pipe bombs"

NOT EXACTLY. USUALLY THE GAME KEEPS 4 SURVIVORS AND THE OTHERS ARE "RESPAWNED". CAUSE OF THAT THEY HAVE FULL HEALTH ALWAYS AT MAP CHANGE.

Will this fix those kinds of issues or does the game just see the l4d1 players as clones of the l4d2 players. and so the same issues happen??

YOU WILL HAVE THIS AN OTHER ISSUES. SOMEONES HAVE SOLUTION AS I MENTIONED UP.

if it dosent fix the issues listed from example (1) onwards then i dont know if its worth all the downloading.

YOURSELF. WE WONīT GAIN MONEY FOR EVERY DOWNLOAD. ITīS ONLY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT ENJOY THIS. FOR EVERY PERSON WHO DISLIKE THIS THERE ARE A THOUSAND THAT THANKS FOR THIS.

Thanx for the info.
Old 08-31-2010 , 12:10   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #704

Dear uriel18,

I've removed everything in my addons folder, so I could install everything...fresh.

Anyway, I downloaded everything in the first post, from step 1 to 8. I placed it in the right folders. There was one thing that could not be done:

Step 1b links to a post where you can download kwski's plugin and it gives a link to bill V2. The plugin can be downloaded, which I did, so I have kwski's pluging, but bill V2 is not available, link is dead.
Step 2 does contain a Bill file, which was installed correctly because I can play as Bill.

You said that I didn't downloaded everything, but I did, to say that I didn't is annoying. I can show you some screenshots so you can see for yourself that I did download everything.

You were talking about setting superversus-plugin to 8 survivors, how do I do that? The .cfg file looks like this:

"// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.3.5-dev)
// ConVars for plugin "l4d_superversus.smx"

That's it, no options what so ever.

L4d2_8survivors.cfg and l4dcsm.cfg also do not have any option to set 8 survivors at the start.

Furthermore, I am not typing anything in the console, so I'm not adding bots like you said I did.

I do not have any other plugins, files installed. I did tried the l4d2 perkmod, to see if mods work, and they are working, so I do not have a bad source/metamod.

In the first post, there's this:

The csm plugin was originally created by mi123645. Also is the creator of "Infected Bots" plugin, wich you MUST HAVE if you want to balance the gameplay being 8 survivors instead 4.
His official thread here.

The Super Versus Plugin was originally created by DDR Khat

Portalboat created the addon that allows survivor voices to work in Dead Center, Dark Carnival and Swamp Fever

Honorcode23 got the subtitles working and fixed a glitch with original survivors in The Passing finale, he also found the original way to make voices work, but his method was deemed too complicated so we use a different method (His original method can be found here)

I have not download anything from these people(unless their files are in step 1 to 8 from the first post.)

I also followed your instructions about the csm.

Listen, I'm not a superprogrammer/hacker like you, I just did what the first post said and it's not working like it should. Any advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: I figured out what's wrong. The file l4d_superversus.cfg is empty(except from the introduction lines). To make it work, add the following to the file:

PHP Code:
// Give extra survivors HP packs? (1 for extra medpacks)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
l4d_XtraHP "0"

// Max amount of infected (will not affect bots)
// -
// Default: "4"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "18.000000"
l4d_infected_limit "4"

// Should we clear Lobby reservaton? (For use with Left4DownTown extension ONLY)
// -
l4d_killreservation "0"

// Set tanks HP based on Survivor Count
// -
l4d_supertank "0"

// Maximum amount of survivors
// -
// Default: "4"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "18.000000"
l4d_survivor_limit "8"

// Tanks HP Multiplier (multi*(survivors-4))
// -
// Default: "0.25"
// Minimum: "0.010000"
l4d_tank_hpmulti "0.25" 
Don't know why it's all orange, but this should be in the file.

Creator of this topic should make sure that this file is fixed.

The plugin works now, though bots sometimes don't pickup medkits.

Last edited by Reffy; 08-31-2010 at 16:54.
hksjun
Old 09-04-2010 , 07:54   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by hksjun View Post
THANKS!

wait for you upload new L4D1 survivor's arms vpk
l4d1survivorarms.vpk in 2.0.3.5 work again

Last edited by hksjun; 09-04-2010 at 08:19.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2010 , 15:58   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #706

I've been making a plugin that is similar to kwski43's L4D1 Survivors plugin. I'm thinking about releasing it, as it fixes all the bugs associated with the L4D1 Survivors (The passsing glitches, versus scores, real names on the survivors). It also has Bill in it with his actual name and not Nick.
uriel18
Old 09-07-2010 , 16:34   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
I've been making a plugin that is similar to kwski43's L4D1 Survivors plugin. I'm thinking about releasing it, as it fixes all the bugs associated with the L4D1 Survivors (The passsing glitches, versus scores, real names on the survivors). It also has Bill in it with his actual name and not Nick.

Good to know, but Valve has done the same It will release "The sacrifice". I think they are going to give the same thing that you and the others have been working this long time. So credits goes for all you in my opinion...

Anyway, I would like to take a look to that newer plugin you said.
Old 09-07-2010 , 16:49   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post

hi there , even though valve are going to release it soon, why not post it, and show all your hard work.....
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2010 , 19:23   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #709

I'll post here when I get home. One thing that I'm really proud of is that I found a surefire way to get around The passing glitch as opposed to outright disabling the L4D1 Survivors.

I'm also going to assume that The Passing glitch will still be there as the L4D1 Survivors won't be playable in the L4D2 campaigns.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2010 , 04:05   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #710

Here it is. This plugin focuses on the L4D 1 Survivors as bots only, so it doesn't change players into L4D1 Survivors, nor the do the bug fixes apply to players. The fixes will be implemented in the CSM plugin though.

EDIT: See latest post.

Last edited by mi123645; 09-11-2010 at 13:37.