Updated July 19, 2009
What is Presents!
Presents! is a plugin for Team Fortress 2 which adds Presents that give you random special effects.
Presents randomly appear when you kill people. When you grab a present you are given a temporary effect. Most effects give you a slight advantage, at a price, while others are just silly. I've tried to keep the effects mild such that they would not affect gameplay too severely (e.g. there are no instant kills, all crits, invincibility). I've also tried to give a certain personality to the effects through sounds, particle effects, etc.
How do I install?
- Instant Sentry ammo increased slightly
- Fixed bug that would prevent the last person on a full server from grabbing presents
- Changed convar "sm_presents_use_maps" to "sm_presents_maps_only"
- Dance Fever now lasts for 2 taunts
- Lucky Sandwich healing increased from 50 HP to 100 HP
- Superspicy Curry now heals 50 HP
- Hot Air Balloon gravity increased from 10% normal gravity to 15%
- Invisibility Paint duration decreased from 15 seconds to 10 seconds
- Invisibility Paint visibility increased from 2% of normal to 4%
- Dracula's Heart duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds
- Added Custom Votes config for voting for enabling random drops (votepresents in chat)
- Added config file "presents/effects.cfg" to enable/disable effects (more options are planned)
- Added config file "presents/maps.cfg" to specify maps that random drops should be enabled on
- Added convar "sm_presents_use_maps [0/1]" to enable random drops only on maps defined in the configuration file
- Note: Presents! will always use the map specific effect configs even if this convar is disabled
(e.g. if you want to disable Teleporter on multi-stage maps)
- Added announcement on map load for whether random drops are enabled
- Changed Lucky Sandwich description to be clearer about the free critical
- Partial support for translations (presents.phrases.txt)
- Fixed major bug related to "Dracula's Heart" that prevented presents from
- Initial testing release
Install the latest version of SourceMod.
Copy the addons folder into your tf folder.
What are the effects?
Currently there are 17
What are the convars?
Lucky Sandwich (lasts until next shot)
"A sandwich made with love. It's your lucky day!"
- +100 HP or overheal
- Next shot always crits!
Hot Air Balloon (15 seconds)
"You feel as light as a feather"
- 15% normal gravity
- Party balloons pop out of you constantly
Instant Sentry (10 seconds)
"Just add water!"
- Spawns level 1 Sentry where you are standing
- You don't clip your own Sentry
- Low ammo (enough to do 110-120 damage)
- Dies after 10 seconds
Ink Pot (20 seconds)
- Colours you black
Running Shoes (20 seconds)
"You feel a spring in your step"
- Scout speed
- Trail of fire left behind you (no gameplay effects)
Superspicy Curry (10 seconds)
"Share this hot dish with the enemy!"
- +50 HP or overheal
- You are ignited
- Anyone you hurt gets ignited too
Invisibility Paint (15 seconds)
"New from ACME Corporation"
- 98% invisibility (people can still see blood on you, etc)
Feeling Strange (20 seconds)
"You feel a little strange..."
- Increases your FOV (Field of View) to 160
Dance Fever (lasts for 2 forced taunts)
"You've caught dance fever! It's contagious..."
- Forced to taunt twice
- Anyone who hurts you during this time catches Dance Fever
Traffic Cone (20 seconds)
"You now have a traffic cone on your head for some reason"
- Attaches a traffic cone to your head
- Blocks your view somewhat
Hot Head (20 seconds)
"Your hair spontaneously combusted"
- Lights your hair on fire, spewing smoke
- No actual gameplay effects
Earthquake Pills (15 seconds)
"Warning: Does not work on Road Runners"
- Shakes your screen like an Earthquake
- Affects people around you
Flubber Bullets (20 seconds)
"Flying rubber! They pack quite a punch."
- Massive knockback on shots
- Able to rocketjump/stickyjump higher
Teleporter (wears off once you teleport)
"Who knows where you'll end up?"
- Teleports you to a random ammo/healthkit
- Creates a portal where you appear that can send you back in 10 seconds
(e.g. if you get stuck on a wall)
Nostalgia (20 seconds)
"Just like the good ol' days!"
- Black & White vision
Dracula's Heart (15 seconds)
"Leech the life of your foes"
- Heal when you hurt enemies (like the Blutsauger)
Ring of Conflict (20 seconds)
"Everyone seems to have it out for you"
- Makes everyone think you're dominating them
- Makes you think everyone is dominating you
What are the config files?
Enables or disables Presents! (must be enabled to give effects
even if you don't want random presents)
Enables or disables presents randomly dropping when you kill someone
Chance that a present will drop when you kill someone
Chance that a present will drop when you kill someone in arena mode
sm_presents_announce [0, 1, 2]
Mode for announcing present effects in chat (0 = off, 1 = player only, 2 = all)
Enable random drops only on maps defined in the configuration file
All config files are located in "addons/sourcemod/configs/presents/"
Lets you enable or disable individual effects (e.g. Dance Fever). These use the internal names for effects which should remain constant.
Lets you specify what maps to enable/disable random present drops on (e.g. 2fort). Also allows you to specify a specific drop chance for each map and enable/disable individual effects.
Use the convar sm_presents_maps_only to set whether you want maps that are not in maps.cfg to have presents enabled or disabled. For example, if it is set to 1 the maps.cfg could be used as a whitelist (e.g. only enable presents on ctf_2fort). If it is set to 0 the maps.cfg could be used as a blacklist (e.g. do not enable presents on cp_dustbowl). In either case you can specifically enable/disable each map using maps.cfg.
A vote config is included for Custom Votes
. It should allow players to vote enable random present drops.
See presents.phrases.txt in "addons/sourcemod/translations/". If anyone is willing to help let me know.
If for any reason this version has a serious issue, feel free to try out the old version
that's had quite a bit of testing.
Make sure to read the readme.