Raised This Month: $115 Target: $400
 28% 

Problem with installation of AMXMOD


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
jievylook
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Old 07-07-2019 , 23:52   Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all.
I want to install AMXMOD 1.8.1 but when I get to the next screen and I click on continue the installer closes.

I have been open it with all the compatibilities and also have the file liblist.gam


Last edited by jievylook; 07-07-2019 at 23:53.
jievylook is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 07-08-2019 , 01:02   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #2

Nobody should be using version 1.8.1. The officially released version currently is 1.8.2 which can be downloaded here.

Also, documentation for installation can be found here. If the installer doesn't work, you should try to go through the manual installation (it's not all that difficult).
__________________
fysiks is offline
jievylook
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Old 07-08-2019 , 12:07   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Nobody should be using version 1.8.1. The officially released version currently is 1.8.2 which can be downloaded here.

Also, documentation for installation can be found here. If the installer doesn't work, you should try to go through the manual installation (it's not all that difficult).
I need version 1.8.1 installed, I am already aware that there is a newer version. I do not know how to install manually either, since I do not have so much knowledge.
jievylook is offline
thEsp
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Gjilan, Albania
Old 07-08-2019 , 12:13   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #4

Why 1.8.1?
__________________
thEsp is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 07-08-2019 , 21:16   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jievylook View Post
I need version 1.8.1 installed, I am already aware that there is a newer version. I do not know how to install manually either, since I do not have so much knowledge.
Everything that will run in 1.8.1 will also run in 1.8.2 and 1.8.2 has been used by the majority of servers for a very long time.
__________________
fysiks is offline
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 07-09-2019 , 08:28   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #6

With 1.8.1 you won't be able to run 90% of newly created plugins. Take for example my rank system you're using - it won't work on that version. There is no point in using a version below 1.8.2 - those versions are no longer supported, thus you won't get help for running into any problems with it.
__________________

Last edited by OciXCrom; 07-09-2019 at 08:29.
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Undercloacked
Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Old 08-07-2019 , 07:15   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #7

Although the guys above are right, the OP has made it clear he wants 1.8.1, I don't think repeating the same sentence does any help.

I will ask the obvious question; have you tried re-downloading the installer in case it did not download successfully?
__________________
Undercloacked is offline
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Macedonia
Old 08-07-2019 , 07:42   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercloacked View Post
Although the guys above are right, the OP has made it clear he wants 1.8.1, I don't think repeating the same sentence does any help.

I will ask the obvious question; have you tried re-downloading the installer in case it did not download successfully?
If he wants 1.8.1, he should travel back in time 10 years and ask for help then.
__________________
OciXCrom is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Undercloacked
Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Old 08-07-2019 , 15:43   Re: Problem with installation of AMXMOD
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
If he wants 1.8.1, he should travel back in time 10 years and ask for help then.
Makes sense.
__________________
Undercloacked is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode