Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4D SDK calls?

Post New Thread Reply   

Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-06-2008 , 23:48   L4D SDK calls?
Reply With Quote #1

So, I was poking around while thinking about making a plugin to make competitive play in L4D more, well, competitive and less random and saw a couple functions in the server binaries:

ZombieManager::SpawnWitch(Vector const&, QAngle const&)
ZombieManager::SpawnTank(Vector const&, QAngle const&)

I can take the mangled function names out of the objdump (which is where I found these in the first place) and stick them into a gameconf file, but they're members of ZombieManager and not CBaseEntity/CBasePlayer/etc.

Is there any hope of calling these functions? Is there some kludge I can perform to use an unusual SDK call type?

I'm looking around the source to SourceMod itself to see what it does in regards to finding the actual instance of the class whose function you want to call, but not having much luck.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-06-2008 , 23:58   Re: L4D SDK calls?
Reply With Quote #2

Does ZombieManager inherit from anything interesting? For example, in most games the "team manager" is in fact just an entity.
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-07-2008 , 02:19   Re: L4D SDK calls?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
Does ZombieManager inherit from anything interesting? For example, in most games the "team manager" is in fact just an entity.
I don't know how to find out what it inherits from without the source. I guess I could trace the server as it runs and see which constructors get called, but that's probably difficult.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-07-2008 , 02:46   Re: L4D SDK calls?
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
104C4008h: possible vtable (1 methods)
(SI)
0000: ZombieManager
0004:     CMemZeroOnNew
It looks like it's not an entity. However there is a variable named 'TheZombieManager' which appears to hold the instance of this class. You'd have to write an extension to use it.