Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SOS How to get my server in steam server list?

Post New Thread Reply   

The Soldier
Old 12-28-2012 , 00:09   SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone, i'm trying to host a server but i got stuck.
I have downloaded Hlds update tool from steam, i've done everything perfectly, but i'm missing 1 little thing.
I went to gametrackers added the server + claimed it.
People connect to my server, and play on it. but when i ask if they found my server in the steam server list, they all tell me that they get the server adress (ip + port) from gametracker, which means that my server is not in the steam server list, i have looked for it but i cant find it not even at my friends house.
How do i get my server in the steam server list? i have tried the heartbeat thing, doesnt work i have tried many things but i have failed all the way ;-)
I dont get it.
I used to have a server once, i remember that in the lan section it shows up with the internal ip,
and i could also add the server to favourites using my external ip, and when i used to click find servers in the general steam server list, my server used to show up first with the lowest latency rate, because it was the closest to me.
Now i can only add and connect to my server to favourites using my internal ip. and again The server does not show up in the general steam server list Somebody please help.
RaHBeR
๏_๏
Old 12-28-2012 , 02:31   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #2

SOS in the title will not attract positive attention.

Sometimes servers do not show up in the Steam lists on the same internal network as the server. Use this to check if it is in the lists or not:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=192365
The Soldier
Old 12-28-2012 , 05:36   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #3

I wrote SOS because i'm pretty desperate and actually trying to figure this out for a while now.
Thank you for your reply, i have visited the links you posted, but i did not get much wiser ;-(
I have entered my external ip where it says "SERVER IP HERE"
http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=<SERVER IP HERE>&format=json
http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=<SERVER IP HERE>&format=xml
Then when i got on the webpage's it showed;
""""<response>
<success>false</success>
<message>true</message>
</response>
"""""
Nothing more nothing less on both links. Does that mean anything?
Thanks in advance.
RaHBeR
๏_๏
Old 12-28-2012 , 09:30   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #4

Did you replace only SERVER IP HERE with the IP or <SERVER IP HERE>? You have to do the second one like this:

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...90&format=json

not

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=<236.64.121.90>&format=json

If still no positive response then update your server with the hldsupdatetool:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6758-tcmf-2234

EDIT:
I did a test with a fake IP and got this response:
Code:
{
	"response": {
		"success": true,
		"servers": [

]

}
}

Last edited by RaHBeR; 12-28-2012 at 12:51.
The Soldier
Old 12-28-2012 , 18:48   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #5

I have clicked on the link you have sent me and the message was:
{
"response": {
"success": true,
"servers": [

]

}
}
So i really dont get it, my server is online proven by the fact that people join my server by getting the ip through gametracker.
I do not understand why it does not get in the steam server list.
About updating the server, i have done that and it did not solve the problem, so i have completely erased the server from the computer, and i started all over again "download hlds updatetool ect"
Still no result, server version 50.
and my ip is not fake bro
But i bet the solution is so obvious that i cant see it.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-28-2012 , 18:57   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #6

If your server is hosted on an internal IP, the link won't work for you. What is your server name? What is your internal IP?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2012 , 20:43   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier View Post
when i ask if they found my server in the steam server list, they all tell me that they get the server adress (ip + port) from gametracker, which means that my server is not in the steam server list,
Just because they didn't get to your server via Steam doesn't mean that it's not listed in Steam. I'm not saying that you are incorrect that it isn't listed in Steam but you can't assume that based on "I got your IP from gametracker".

Last edited by fysiks; 12-28-2012 at 20:44.
The Soldier
Old 12-28-2012 , 20:56   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #8

Hey YamiKaitou thats exactly the case. when i start up my server it says server ip address 192.168.1.3
and thats my internal ip adress.
Dont get mad when i say this
"i have just downloaded a non steam server that was allready setup through a link in youtube"
But i did that just to try if that one worked.
But it also didnt work so now i'm sure that its due to some connection setting. or maybe even ISP but i doubt that because my server is online but its not on steam.
i'm gonna add a server now to gametracker again so the name will be GameTrackerClaimServer and my internal ip adress now is 192.168.1.3 i have just changed it. But thats also not the problem.
i have installed so many servers these last days and they all show up with the internal ip address.
what a waste lol
Thank you for your reply
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2012 , 20:59   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #9

You are running illegal software (essentially; close enough). Download a legal server from Steam and install it from there. You will get no help with a non-Steam server.
Old 12-28-2012 , 21:04   Re: SOS How to get my server in steam server list?
Reply With Quote #10

Sorry fysiks but, when i log into steam using this computer, which is not the one hosting the server then i should be able to connect to my server using my external ip, and when i go to a friend or a gaming pub and search for my server on steam server list, then it should show up. but it doesnt, and it's not that i'm assuming i know because of those facts and because of the fact that everyone that has played on the server said the same thing, i havent met one that said that he found it in the steam list.
Thank you for your reply, but i'm sure that it's not in the steam list.