Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

picture collection...

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2008 , 15:18   Re: picture collection...

someone asked that before: i was the one who renamed the topic of the thread as it was more of a picture collection. in the end it seemed to miss the idea i had behind it but then again switching these cool pictures with a discussion with that world-ruling-admin-king was not that bad after all.
so i was quite surprised to return home from work to see a vital discussion going on here. ofc i know you're not into this discussion for me, you just realized that there is a guy who is not capable of doing anything more than administrating a server a little, coming to this productive forum, telling scripters are people who never care about the community they work for. who would not be upset...

@ComisarSS aka unwanted:
among scripters you will find all kinds of people, some who just script because they like to script but probably even more posts that start with a text where the author explains why he needed the plugin for himself while he also shares it with the community. what i, however, have never seen is a plugin author that got into scripting without having any server administration background. it starts with the problem that you can't even test your own plugin without basic knowledge about running a server. maybe you have that stereotype in mind, programmers don't try their own programs and so on. this might be true for some applications but you're in a different world here. for once, it's about gaming here, amusement. i DO play on my 2 CS, 2 NS and 6 OpenTTD servers, i'm doing that for years, i'm doing it for fun and i am trying to also keep the fun for all other players on the server, thinking of server rules and enforcing them. also, being the owner and only sponsor of the servers i am the "head admin" if you want and i am managing the servers together with my other help admins.
there are times where i neglect my "scripting duties", because i rather go playing for some hours. on the other hand there are times where i don't play for days or even weeks, only scripting or programming on one of my other projects. and i got time for writing here and people often see me active on IRC, but still most important is my girlfriend, the job and going out with friends. this whole situation works fine for many years now, everything is managed (except that i am only sleeping 5 hours every day maybe, but even this never was a problem actually ). yes i DO say this with proud, especially to put it directly beside your statements that basically sound like "i am running a server, that's all i spend my time for and it's the most important thing one can do in life", making them look nothing but absolutely pathetic.
it sounds like you're just one of these admins who start to feel their "powers" too much, thinking they are the most important person on the server when they really aren't at all. you're just a player with some more duties, one of these being the most decent appearance on the server, not the biggets, most impressive, mighty, whatsoever...but in your case it's worse than the average admin that just noticed he can kick and punish people at will, you even come to a forum to tell everyone how important your admin job is, even compared to scripters of plugins you use, that whole story is just absurd.

i second that administrating a game server is the most easy thing you can do in the server administration world. and you are spending a lot of time only with this? probably you just need more time to understand how something is done that others do as a side job. i remember, the start of this discussion was you coming to a forum to show how you completely did not understand how a plugin works and that some things are the responsibility of the admin, who just failed at doing his job. he changed the source code of a plugin to take the full risk of false positives, then he had a false positive and now you come to the forum whining about happening what was expected to happen if he'd only have read and understood the plugin he installed.

oh and you're right about me reading my own posts. not over and over again though, but i am no native speaker and going into these discussions is a good way to improve my english skills and i wouldn't learn anything without trying to find and correct my own mistakes. i am even having fun here while writing these posts and i'm learning pretty much. i'm sorry if it is only dark in your bitter and sad world so that you come here to drop your heavy burden with all these very important 12 year old "customers" you got to "manage" on your server, that is one out of ten thousands...
|PJ| Shorty
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2008 , 15:41   Re: picture collection...

only want to say: AMEN and totally agreed
Send a message via ICQ to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via AIM to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via MSN to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Yahoo to |PJ| Shorty Send a message via Skype™ to |PJ| Shorty
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2008 , 23:38   Re: picture collection...

This thread is embarrassing. :/
Old 12-17-2008 , 07:27   Re: picture collection...

WHO RUINED OUR PICTUREFEST oh phew there it is
Send a message via ICQ to Greentryst Send a message via AIM to Greentryst Send a message via MSN to Greentryst Send a message via Yahoo to Greentryst Send a message via Skype™ to Greentryst
Closed Thread