Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

DBI User Tracker

Post New Thread Reply   

pendragon
Old 03-26-2006 , 20:50  
Reply With Quote #21

thanks again Zor for continuing support on this plugin. I've allways loved it and hated not having it after the first change to amxx v1.60 where the dbi changed.
Anywho, I did edit the SMA though so that names and IPs were not separated by question marks but rather commas becuase it was too confusing for my admins, if anyone else wants to know how to do that , please let me know and with Zor's permission I'll post the altered code.

I do have a question though, in one of the first versions you created for me a while back, the player tracker used to also log the total time a person played in a server as well as the last time and date the person played in game.
This was somtimes helpful for me and my admins when doing searches. Its not that necessary and we can live without it - but if you find yourself with some time and others share the same interest in having this functionality back in the system, I would ask that you please add it again.

Thanks again man.
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2006 , 19:44  
Reply With Quote #22

@Pendragon

I'm working on revamping this plugin for ya all...

Cheers!
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2006 , 09:50  
Reply With Quote #23

Hit me up pendragon.
Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
Trip~Hazard
Old 03-30-2006 , 08:56  
Reply With Quote #24

What would be nice is a list of the last 5-10 names used by a particular steam id and shown in a motd box perhaps. I remember trying this one and it only showed the previoius last name. I know JGHG's remember_the_names plugin showed last 10 along with showing times and dates in a motd, however it mad lagged my server as players connected.
Old 03-31-2006 , 10:48  
Reply With Quote #25

I will be using an external HTML file I think, just gotta get some time to work on it. I will have it show All the information on the player, and I will have an external address link so that you can look at it outa the game and moddify it.

Cheers!
Old 04-04-2006 , 15:10   non mysql
Reply With Quote #26

I am using a rented server right now, http://www.clanservers.com
And they dont support MYSQL ON the server, but they support mysql on the website i get with the server, HOWEVER the website server is not on the game server, diff location...
Any way possible this would work that way? if not how can i use this NOT using mysql?
pendragon
Old 04-04-2006 , 16:19   Re: non mysql
Reply With Quote #27

do you use the mysql module for anything else (amxbans??)
Send a message via ICQ to pendragon
Silver Dragon
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2006 , 18:11  
Reply With Quote #28

Lol, yes they do. I run over 10 servers from clanservers and all of them are on amxbans database

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2006 , 18:23   Re: non mysql
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdcobra
Any way possible this would work that way? if not how can i use this NOT using mysql?
It is possible indeed. All you have to do is enter the ip of your MySQL host in sql.cfg, along with the other necessary account information. And you'll have to add the ip or hostname of your gameserver to the list of allowed hosts.
Old 04-04-2006 , 18:48   Re: non mysql
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Jackson
...And you'll have to add the ip or hostname of your gameserver to the list of allowed hosts.
just continuing Janet's thought here - cause its not quite clear if you've never done this before...
what he/she means is that you have to add the ip or hostname of your gameserver to the list of allowed hosts IN your mysql server along with the priveledges it needs to read from and write to your database table for the dbi_tracker.