Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly

Post New Thread Reply   

2NASTY4U
Old 04-20-2014 , 15:04   [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #1

I'am using 2.1.2b of sm_hosties. If hosties and SourceBans are both active on server, the sm_ban command can only be used on alive players.

I added sourcebans support to a bad name plugin and I was wondering why players with bad names were not banned by the plugin. So I tried in HLSW the command
Code:
sm_ban #2 5 test
while I was in spectator mode. The servers response: This command can only be used on alive players.

After disabling sm_hosties my bad name plugin works perfectly and manually typing
Code:
sm_ban #2 5 test
also works.

Please fix this annoying bug.
DorCoMaNdO
Old 04-20-2014 , 20:40   Re: [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #2

SM_Hosties does not re-register the ban command, although it does register another one. I've made some modifications which I'll test later on my server.
What version of Sourcebans are you using? With any version below 2.0.0 dev it should work just fine.
If you're using the dev build of the new Sourcebans here's why it wouldn't work : The new Sourcebans system has seperated the bans from the main plugin and the way it used to let developers ban clients when Sourcebans is available, I made modifications to fix that, but that will not allow servers to use older versions of Sourcebans.
I'll upload the modifications to the SVN server (link available in main thread) after I'll fix more issues that have been reported for awhile and test it.
2NASTY4U
Old 04-20-2014 , 21:33   Re: [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for your answer. I tried SourceBans versions 1.4.11. and 1.5.0.

I'll take a look on SVN in next days! Thanks.

I remember when I was kicking a player in last months through chat (!kick name reason) there was also a message that this command can only be used on alive players. Maybe this information helps you.

PS: Maybe you can fix this error in next version?
Code:
L 04/20/2014 - 18:37:39: [SM] Native "RemoveLastRequestFromList" reported: Plugin owning this native is currently paused.
L 04/20/2014 - 18:37:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "lastrequest_shotgunwars.smx":
L 04/20/2014 - 18:37:39: [SM]   [0]  Line 83, C:\srcds\beta\csgo\addons\sourcemod\scripting\lastrequest_shotgunwars.sp::OnPluginEnd()
I don't know to reproduce this error, but sometimes it is shown in error log.

Are you planned to fix fruitninja in next version? I have disabled it, because in most of cases it will not working. Fruits are not spawning.

Last edited by 2NASTY4U; 04-20-2014 at 22:25.
DorCoMaNdO
Old 04-21-2014 , 03:36   Re: [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #4

I haven't checked SourceBans 1.5 actually, didn't even read it's changes, I just did, and it appears that the change that "screws up" the banning is caused by the 1.5 update, I'll let you know when it's fixed on this thread.
I am familiar with the banning and kicking issue, but I am not sure if it's caused by SM_Hosties, moreover, it never caused an issue, it seemed like two commands of the action (ban / kick) were running, hence it caused no issue.

The error is caused because SM_Hosties wasn't loaded correctly, next time you see that this error repeats, run the command "sm_rcon sm plugins list" and it should print the running plugins on the server, look for SM_Hosties, if it says anything but the version and credits, copy it over here. [The list might cut at the middle as the "message" printed to your console is too long, you can check the server's console or the server's normal log (not the errors one) and read the full list there]

I am aware of the issues with the fruitninja lr, I don't know why it glitched that bad as it worked perfectly before, but I'll attempt to fix it when I'll have some time, currently, I see fixing issues with the main plugin (SM_Hosties) as top priority.
2NASTY4U
Old 04-21-2014 , 08:48   Re: [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks! You are great. I am normally using SB 1.4.11. Just for testing I run 1.5.0. The kick error with alive player appeared also with sm_hosties and SB 1.4.11. After unloading sm_hosties it works without problems. So my opinion is that the error caused in sm_hosties.

Do you know the error, if you set deagle as ct start weapon, gun toss is buggy and not possible to play? If you set flashbang as ct start weapon, dodgeball is at round end not possible.
DorCoMaNdO
Old 04-21-2014 , 18:50   Re: [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #6

I'll check everything when I have time to do so.
The glitchy guntoss is caused by skins that are uploaded incorrectly to the server.
I am not aware of the dodgeball glitch, I'll take a look at that too.
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2014 , 23:20   Re: [BUG] Hosties disturbs SourceBans - Please fix it quickly
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NASTY4U View Post
I'am using 2.1.2b of sm_hosties. If hosties and SourceBans are both active on server, the sm_ban command can only be used on alive players.

I added sourcebans support to a bad name plugin and I was wondering why players with bad names were not banned by the plugin. So I tried in HLSW the command
Code:
sm_ban #2 5 test
while I was in spectator mode. The servers response: This command can only be used on alive players.

After disabling sm_hosties my bad name plugin works perfectly and manually typing
Code:
sm_ban #2 5 test
also works.

Please fix this annoying bug.
You'd need to post the error created by this which is found in addons/sourcemod/logs/ directory in order for a fix, if any, were to be made. After you've posted the errors then try changing the following convar to 0 in your hosties config file:
sm_hosties_strip_onban