Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Fixed] binding a key to "fullupdate"

Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2004 , 23:41   [Fixed] binding a key to "fullupdate"

One of my Admins brought to my attention that if you bind a key to the command fullupdate and press it right after the bound hero key with many powers it eliminates the cooldown, it also makes heros like phoenix respawn over and over again, he even used the hero sentinal and planted a ton of towers, it was like a mine field, but I didn't see the towers,
ex, lets say fullupdate is bound to k and firestorm is bound to l, if you press klklklklklkl, it just keeps shooting but he says if you do it too much it crashes or something, not sure
this is a major bug
don't know if it is shmod but wow
Old 07-31-2004 , 15:41  

hmmmm interesting...... thats really fucked up. I think its something with steam but I'll see if I can get around it somehow
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2004 , 17:18  

ok I found out when you do that command it calls the "resethud" event which USUALLY only gets called on a new spawn.

I added some code into the core shero mod that prevents it fomr getting called more than once oer round, this prevents people from forcing thier XP to load before the next round and thats about it for the core. The rest of the bad code is it EVERY single hero.... yay!

I'll fix all the stock heros for the next release and after that we will see..... man what a pain in the ass

People should be calling the round_end log event instead of the resethud esp since this is for CS only and you dont have to worry about mods with no new rounds.
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2004 , 18:39  

few, glad you are around
thanx
Old 07-31-2004 , 19:51  

good news, I found out I can catch the command and stop it form redrawing the HUD

So i can esentially fix all the heros without editing them, yay!

-----

I added it in so it that if someone tries to use this expliot it prints a message to thier screen telling to stop trying to expliot. And it lbocks the command, hopefuly there are no side effects to blocking it, none that I have seen so far.
Old 08-12-2004 , 12:47  

I made up the same thing into my serv....

Except my plugins don't tell you access denied. If you use it, you are instantly detonated and it makes note on the server that you attempted an exploit...

Some other plugins of mine will browse your ingame browser to webpages that yell annoying things at you. Those are good.