Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SourceBans 2.0 Alpha (2013/09/04)

Post New Thread Reply   

DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-03-2013 , 03:32   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #21

We indeed had a lengthy discussion about this on IRC yesterday, and there are definitely some interesting things to consider. Fact is though that SourceBans has had a public ban appeal/request system for 6 years, and I haven't heard a single complaint of abuse. So for me it would be more about convenience (people not knowing or having to look up their Steam ID) than protection. And I agree that requiring them to register and remember yet another username and password would most likely scare people away, so using Steam login would be a nice middle ground.
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 03:40   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #22

If not done already, I'd like to see a method employed that'd let us change ServersIDs instead of editing the various MySQL tables directly.
Old 07-03-2013 , 10:07   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #23

How i must open the admin menu ingame ? normal with !admin is not work at me
extremeg
Old 07-03-2013 , 10:33   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #24

I have found my mistake its okey
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-03-2013 , 11:25   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
If not done already, I'd like to see a method employed that'd let us change ServersIDs instead of editing the various MySQL tables directly.
Server IDs are generated and used internally, so unless I'm misunderstanding you, you shouldn't be changing them. They're also not displayed on the web anymore, and the SourceMod plugin has been switched to using the server's IP address (which it attempts to detect).

I have added some screenshots of the administration pages to the first post, for people who don't feel like installing it. Also thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it makes the work worthwhile
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 12:52   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
Server IDs are generated and used internally, so unless I'm misunderstanding you, you shouldn't be changing them. They're also not displayed on the web anymore, and the SourceMod plugin has been switched to using the server's IP address (which it attempts to detect).

I have added some screenshots of the administration pages to the first post, for people who don't feel like installing it. Also thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it makes the work worthwhile
That'll be helpful, thanks. With SourceBans 1.4 it's a bit more external. Originally we used Servers IDs 1-9 however after deleting 4-6 to move to another machine, it wouldn't reallocate those IDs and instead uses 10-12. Changing them in MySQL should be fine as long as I'm through in checking every table. Or I could switch to SourceBans 2.0 now and save myself some hassle. How stable it is so far?
Old 07-03-2013 , 13:35   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
That'll be helpful, thanks. With SourceBans 1.4 it's a bit more external. Originally we used Servers IDs 1-9 however after deleting 4-6 to move to another machine, it wouldn't reallocate those IDs and instead uses 10-12. Changing them in MySQL should be fine as long as I'm through in checking every table. Or I could switch to SourceBans 2.0 now and save myself some hassle. How stable it is so far?
I would say is stability is fair. It is more feature rich but is up to you, ultimately there is no upgrade install yet so you will have to install fresh and export old bands to import them and probably readd admins. I would at least get the move process to see if all of those features work properly before making it live.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
nomy
Old 07-03-2013 , 13:37   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #28

It looks great! But I think SB team should have merged SourceComms on version 2.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-03-2013 , 14:34   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #29

@11530: So it's kind of an OCD thing? ;) You can also use the 1.5 plugin, it's exactly the same as the 2.0 plugin but it works with the old database structure. Under "Changes" there's an explanation of the ServerIP option.
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 14:53   Re: SourceBans 2.0 Public Preview (2013/07/01)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
@11530: So it's kind of an OCD thing? ;) You can also use the 1.5 plugin, it's exactly the same as the 2.0 plugin but it works with the old database structure. Under "Changes" there's an explanation of the ServerIP option.
Very likely. I'd much prefer my servers using 1-to-9 than 1-to-3-and-7-to-12 I'll probably check out the 2.0 so I know what database structures to expect. Thanks for this too by the way - one of the most useful plugins out there.