Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What is HyperNet ?

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-15-2013 , 11:48   Re: What is HyperNet ?
Reply With Quote #31

Gentleman,

You are here:

Not here:
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 09-15-2013 , 11:50   Re: What is HyperNet ?
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Gentleman,

You are here:

Not here:
Haha, funny. Lock the thread then?
Marcus_Brown001
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-15-2013 , 13:28   Re: What is HyperNet ?
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Haha, funny. Lock the thread then?
He really shouldn't have to lock it; the arguments here, although they may be justified, are rather petty in my opinion. As a server operator, I couldn't give a rat's ass what other people think about my server; they do not pay the bill(s), nor do they add to the community by insulting it. Now, although that is my opinion, I get the impression that the majority of you guys do not care what each other think about your servers, so what is the point of arguing about whose server is better if you do not value the criticism or opinion of the people in the argument? I do not understand the use of arguing over whose server is better in general, but if I were to engage in a debate about this topic, I would at least value the opinion of the people I am debating with, otherwise, what is the point?
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2013 , 15:57   Re: What is HyperNet ?
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Brown001 View Post
what is the point of arguing about whose server is better if you do not value the criticism or opinion of the people in the argument? I do not understand the use of arguing over whose server is better in general, but if I were to engage in a debate about this topic, I would at least value the opinion of the people I am debating with, otherwise, what is the point?
Well, how would you feel if somebody stole a map you paid for without even asking you/the mapper for permission to use it? And if said person would also boost their server's popularity by adding fake clients and bypassing Valve's policies and all that?

Doing this seems like, in my opinion, a middle finger to those who put effort and time into getting their communities out there without having to end up using mean ways to achieve "popularity"

Last edited by napalm00; 09-15-2013 at 15:59. Reason: ay me spellin be bootlegged
bottiger
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-15-2013 , 16:41   Re: What is HyperNet ?
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
popularity? you mean fakeclients?
This is rich coming from someone who sold fakeclients to the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm00 View Post
Fakeclients? You must be kidding Zeph, Skial is known for using no fakeclients , neither now or in the past. If anything, Bottiger himself stands proudly against any form of lying to the players and wants his servers to be as original as possible.

You are also not exactly impartial.

Well, how would you feel if somebody stole a map you paid for without even asking you/the mapper for permission to use it?
If you think we are using fakeclients feel free to report us. It doesn't matter if I'm not impartial, our popularity is unbiased proof that we are giving players what they want no matter how you spin things.

People don't have exclusive distribution rights to maps. In order to play a map you get the full copy of it, that's just something you have to live with. I've had my maps "stolen" long before I started using maps that people sent to me for uploading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
You sir, are wrong on all fronts. I work for 404, helping him make and modify plugins. Hence why I'm friends with him. Just because I'm friends with him, does not mean I'm "linked" or whatever odd term you used.

As for the other stuff, you're going to have to talk to 404 yourself about that. As well, I should correct my earlier post, I run *a* server that's better than yours. And that's my private plugin testing server.

Also, jesus christ, I haven't logged onto Steam in 89 days? I didn't think my vacation away from Steam was that bloody long.
Lol do you expect anyone to believe that? If the fact that you just changed your custom url, changed your avatar, added friends and groups wasn't enough proof, I'll leave these here.

Last edited by bottiger; 09-15-2013 at 16:45.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 09-15-2013 , 17:05   Re: What is HyperNet ?
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottiger View Post
Lol do you expect anyone to believe that? If the fact that you just changed your custom url, changed your avatar, added friends and groups wasn't enough proof, I'll leave these here.
I changed things up. So what? People change things daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottiger View Post

404 runs my private testing server for me off of his dedicated server. I help him troubleshoot issues quite a lot, and in the case of those help threads I posted, I posted them on behalf of 404 to help him solve the issues.

I just copy/pasted what he typed up and asked me to ask.