Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Shaman
Old 05-07-2008 , 12:11   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
You may want to note that Pawn Studio is developed solely by Basic Master, a very strong and literate programmer (He's German which makes him that much more awesome; Ja?). But he's still just one guy trying to write software to allow you to write more software :-). I love his programs, all of them and have used them all although I don't use them much anymore. Yes, they do/did crash often, however I accepted it as it is still a free product with some kinks.
I didn't tell that he is not skilled. I am not blaming him for the bugs in the program. I code programs too and people are complaining about the bugs in my programs like I do now. I know how hard is to code something like that and I ofcourse appreciate his effort.

Quote:
I came to accept the small problems or even bigger problems and tried to help them get fixed; which is what you should do. Rather than bickering about how there are problems and how this should be an Alpha, instead write what exactly you did, in what sequence, try to debug it for him so you won't have these problems later.
I can't help him, because I can't reproduce the crashes. I also couldn't see a dump or something like that in it's directory to send to him or post here. Maybe it goes into an infinite loop?!?

Anyway, when I look at the first post I think that Pawn Studio has gone through a long bug fixing process and finally released without any problems. I think this is like XP and Vista. Source Pawn has lots of nice features, but still has problems. I just don't want anybody else to have same problems like I do. That's why I wanted Source Pawn to marked as alpha. I get lots of the problems while opening brackets and writing function names, so the ClamSense must have some serious problems. (I just got an error while looking for the correct name of ClamSense. I downloaded it again, extracted to desktop in "pstudio-0.8.3" sub-folder, opened "Preferences", looked at the name and clicked "Cancel" :/ I can reproduce this.)

Quote:
P.S. This comment is not intended to be disrespectful/racist by any means, but I love Döners which I ate while in Germany for a month; man I wish they had those in the states, it would be my entire diet .
Then come to Turkey, because döner is a turkish food Don't forget to visit me if you do

Edit:
I've just saw your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
@Shaman: If you want to complain, think before you post a flamebaited post
I didn't want to flame anyone. Actually it's a little bit awkward, because in your signature you call all 1337-speakers "flipping idiots" and insult them with having less than 50 IQ.

Last edited by Shaman; 05-07-2008 at 12:17.
Send a message via ICQ to Shaman Send a message via AIM to Shaman Send a message via MSN to Shaman Send a message via Yahoo to Shaman