Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Spray ban plugin for Sourcebans

Post New Thread Reply   

AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2013 , 07:38   Spray ban plugin for Sourcebans
Reply With Quote #1

I'm requesting a spray ban plugin with sourcebans (interface) support.

Developers made great plugins that can ban sprays (& additional features) but at this moment there is no spray ban feature that is able to communicate with sourcebans: I think spray bans with sourcebans support would be a great feature and would make it easier for admins to keep servers clean from unwanted content.
Additionally it would also give the ability to have a nice interface where players and admins can see who has banned spray abilities..

Banning voice/chat ability is already available with sourcebans support and is a really great addition to sourcebans: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.242 - 01/09/2013)

Image for spray bans:

What do you think ?

Last edited by psychonic; 10-03-2013 at 11:40. Reason: fixed typo in title
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2013 , 00:49   Re: Spay ban plugin for Sourcebans
Reply With Quote #2

There is, just not public, because there is a lot of integration.
I integrated the spray n display plugin into a rewrite of spraytracer and have it use sourcebans natives to ban and report the sprays to sb. Problem is the backend requires platform specific binaries to convert the vtf images, and access to the machine many people don't have.

Perhaps if you left out the webpanel backend, and just banned sprays by hashes, you could do it.. But then you have no record of the sprays, so what do when someone protests? Maybe ftp to your gameserver and check the file? That is not ideal.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2013 , 20:36   Re: Spay ban plugin for Sourcebans
Reply With Quote #3

I'll look at the way SourceComms integrated with SourceBans... I don't recall seeing any API or anything that would allow for a simple interface with sourcebans... would probably have to create new tables in the sourcebans database and probably a modification/addition of web pages (which I have zero experience with).
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-02-2013 , 23:43   Re: Spay ban plugin for Sourcebans
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
I don't recall seeing any API or anything that would allow for a simple interface with sourcebans... would probably have to create new tables in the sourcebans database and probably a modification/addition of web pages (which I have zero experience with).
SB2 has a (unstable and still being designed) interface for doing plugins like this, SB1 is entirely contained and will need hacking into.

Last edited by asherkin; 10-02-2013 at 23:43.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2013 , 04:16   Re: Spay ban plugin for Sourcebans
Reply With Quote #5

It depends on what you need to do...
If you just want to ban a single offender for one offence, you could use the sb native and ban them for some time period. This is the simplest method at the moment :/

If you want something more elaborate, youll have to add more tables, or some other magicks.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2013 , 05:36   Re: Spay ban plugin for Sourcebans
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
I integrated the spray n display plugin into a rewrite of spraytracer and have it use sourcebans natives to ban and report the sprays to sb.
For me the "spray & display" could be optional and not a must have feature but the idea is good to have the spray diplayed.

I really like to manage bans via the web interface because it's easier and faster. No need to load and join a game ...
Also it acts like an archive with an easy to use searchbar. Bans are stored, so you can see how often someone got a warning/ban.

That's what I'm missing in the current spray ban plugins.