Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Looking to start modding.

Post New Thread Reply   

Krest
BANNED
Old 03-26-2015 , 12:35   Looking to start modding.
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys , im looking into starting to script for CSGO.
What im asking is if anyone has any ideas for a good Youtuber/youtube videos series that can walk me through as a new coder for this.

Im familiar with CSGO SDK (mappnig tools) and can say i masterd it , im familiar with everything that has to do with SRCDS and Sourcemod setup.
Got notepad++ with the needed language for SourcePawn , now all i need is a compiler and the vids.
thanks in advance,Krest`.
notMe2
Old 03-26-2015 , 12:43   Re: Looking to start modding.
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest View Post
all i need is a compiler.
Download the lastest sourcemod, and use compile.exe or spcomp.exe on the scripts folder.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-26-2015 , 13:47   Re: Looking to start modding.
Reply With Quote #3

We have a wiki that is dedicated to installing/managing sourcemod, as well as guiding you into the world of sourcemod plugin scripting. Otherwise, good luck with csgo.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Krest
BANNED
Old 03-26-2015 , 15:08   Re: Looking to start modding.
Reply With Quote #4

I got sourcemod installed , i got Pawn studio and Notepoad with the sourcemod language installed , i get my "first plugin" done , what im talking about is someone that goes through everything i need , from basics to experts.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-26-2015 , 16:15   Re: Looking to start modding.
Reply With Quote #5

That's vague. Can you elaborate on what you'd like to learn? Even if stuff isn't being introduced in the wiki, usually some plugin flies around here which will work as an example for doing xyz. Be careful though, some might be full of "bad practices", pitfalls and faults.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.