ZBzibing
Old 12-05-2012 , 04:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #101

小海,你得插件非常棒,想法也非常新颖,谢谢你的贡献
ETNKOREA
Old 03-04-2013 , 07:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #102

Bug.
1. Spectate -> join Survivors -> All secondary item disappears.
2. primary gun bullets depleted secondary gun unusable.
Ellie
Old 09-24-2013 , 11:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETNKOREA View Post
Bug.
1. Spectate -> join Survivors -> All secondary item disappears.
2. primary gun bullets depleted secondary gun unusable.

Yep. Same here. BTW, there is no way to disable this on specific modes? I wanted to have it at least disabled on versus mode.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 09-24-2013 , 13:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #104

hello all its been awhile...originally i had tested this plugin to use custom melee weapons with this...i talked with the plugin author and his only solution was to disable custom melee weapons in the script to prevent the join survivor or any team glitch...so dont think it can or will be fixed...and for the gun issue with ammo, i am working on a solution that will work however there are qorks. i need a plugin made to show the ammo of any second gun within a slot...im sure its possible to do...i created a vpk that is called pistol plus melee. which allows u to carry any pistol and switch to a melee weapon in the same slot. this effectively circumvents the team switch bug. its also possible to do this with gunslots however the secondary gun in the slot wont show up....no ammo etc...this is why a plugin is needed to show the ammo...u can run out of ammo in the first gun without losing access to the second gun...i will release something soon when i have the time to get with people and test it...its the only solution to this problem..
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2013 , 17:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
hello all its been awhile...originally i had tested this plugin to use custom melee weapons with this...i talked with the plugin author and his only solution was to disable custom melee weapons in the script to prevent the join survivor or any team glitch...so dont think it can or will be fixed...and for the gun issue with ammo, i am working on a solution that will work however there are qorks. i need a plugin made to show the ammo of any second gun within a slot...im sure its possible to do...i created a vpk that is called pistol plus melee. which allows u to carry any pistol and switch to a melee weapon in the same slot. this effectively circumvents the team switch bug. its also possible to do this with gunslots however the secondary gun in the slot wont show up....no ammo etc...this is why a plugin is needed to show the ammo...u can run out of ammo in the first gun without losing access to the second gun...i will release something soon when i have the time to get with people and test it...its the only solution to this problem..
Yes its possible to put pistol and melee in the same slot, since weapon scripts can be set to slots overlapping on another, however, doing this with primaries will result in the ammo count to only be shown by the actual first weapon picked up.

The same applies with this mod, the only difference is the weapon stored as your secondary is using a variable which won't display how much ammo and clip is in it. You could create a menu, or hint box...

In addition, there are no such issues with this plugin if you are using a pure server. The issue is caused by your mods you are using, I suggest you run a clean server to confirm this issue and screenshot it.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 09-24-2013 at 17:41.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
lippnc
Old 09-28-2013 , 05:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #106

Here is a version of this plugin with custom melee from Frozen, Suicide Blitz 2, Blood Tracks, Helms Deep, and for the CSS knife you can only carry it and no secondary, so NO HUNTER ARMS. Also, !me is some kind of Sourcemod command, I changed to !dw, as in double weapons. Menu that comes up explains better, but NO ONE EVER READS IT. Enjoy anyway.

Last edited by lippnc; 02-12-2021 at 00:08.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-13-2013 , 20:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #107

Did u really test this on a pure server??? because the first thing I do is switch to my clean pure server to test plugin glitches to eliminate possible conflicts...I did this probably about a hundred times trying to solve this glitch. I can assure all of u that if u test it yourselves u will see the losing of your secondary weapon in the slot ALWAYS happens when you switch to spectate and back, trust me I tried to fix it myself. Just try doing sb_takecontrol and switch back and forth, see if you still have access to your secondary, of coarse not because this plugin doesn't take switching into account.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 12-13-2013 , 22:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Did u really test this on a pure server??? because the first thing I do is switch to my clean pure server to test plugin glitches to eliminate possible conflicts...I did this probably about a hundred times trying to solve this glitch. I can assure all of u that if u test it yourselves u will see the losing of your secondary weapon in the slot ALWAYS happens when you switch to spectate and back, trust me I tried to fix it myself. Just try doing sb_takecontrol and switch back and forth, see if you still have access to your secondary, of coarse not because this plugin doesn't take switching into account.
That is an easy fix.
BANNED
Old 12-14-2013 , 10:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
That is an easy fix.
well by all means please explain? and share your easy fix. To help out the multiple other people with this problem. Plugin author didn't seem to think it was an easy fix, nor did he care to help fix it. Haha I know what your going to say, let me guess....Don't go idle or spectate....thats an easy solution, but not a fix. my easy fix for these problems were to create an addon changing the weapon slots around, not the best solution but it worked to circumvent this problem. Apparently you are one of the plugin authors...panx had no interest in helping fix this... Another question...was this a local or dedicated server??? I know there is a difference between how things work on either so...especially addon wise. I used an addon that switched item slots, now the icons and items actually switch slots visually on a local server, however on a dedicated icons don't switch nor do the slots, I mean they do just not visually...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 12-14-2013 at 11:07.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-14-2013 , 11:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
That is an easy fix.
well by all means please explain? and share your easy fix. To help out the multiple other people with this problem. Plugin author didn't seem to think it was an easy fix, nor did he care to help fix it. Haha I know what your going to say, let me guess....Don't go idle or spectate....thats an easy solution, but not a fix. my easy fix for these problems were to create an addon changing the weapon slots around, not the best solution but it worked to circumvent this problem. Apparently you are one of the plugin authors...panx had no interest in helping fix this... Another question...was this a local or dedicated server??? I know there is a difference between how things work on either so...especially addon wise. I used an addon that switched item slots, now the icons and items actually switch slots visually on a local server, however on a dedicated icons don't switch nor do the slots, I mean they do just not visually...

Ok so what im trying to do with this plugin is....I've swapped the pistols into slot0 because i want limited pistol ammo, this was the easiest way to get them to reload and the bots will reload them too. I created a plugin to reload pistols but its not ideal because bots don't take advantage of this. to make it work, i made melee weapons usable while incap because lets face it, when bots run out of ammo in the pistol we dont need them helpless, especially while incap....so the way i have it now, bots pickup melee weapons then pistols, carry both and when out of ammo switch to melee...works rather well...problem i have now is only being able to carry pistols or a rifle or whatever...tried to fix it by switching the slots for primary weapons, switching it to say slot6 would allow carrying pistols melee and a primary gun. problem is when doing this it breaks all primary gun spawns on maps and u can't reload them at ammo piles(not a big deal i can fix that with a plugin), tried to fix the spawn issue with stripper without any luck...so now im using this mod to correct the issue, however now the pistols just disappear completely and i keep losing access to the primary gun in general. so switching between the 2 items in the slot causes problems. Obviously this isn't a clean server, and im sure some of my mods are the issue here, but i would like to get this working. Having a pistol, melee and primary gun just makes more sense, and having the bots take advantage of this is even better. I'm so close to getting this to work but i need to figure out how to get pistols in primary and working with this plugin...any ideas or suggestions are welcome... so i need to account for the pistol slot being switched to primary in this plugin...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 12-14-2013 at 11:36.