Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows players in bumper karts to make car horn sounds
    Old 11-06-2014 , 15:12   [TF2] Kart Horns
    Reply With Quote #1

[TF2] Kart Horns
    v. 18.0124.0
    "BEEP BEEP OUTTA MY WAY"
    This plugin is based off of [TF2] Kart Horns 1.3 by TonyBaretta. This was his idea first, so everyone please shower him with praise.

This plugin has a single command, sm_honk, which is public by default. This command causes the player to emit a honking sound if they are in a Kart. You can use this command to specify WHICH honk to use. For example, simply doing sm_honk will play a random honk from the list of honks, while doing sm_honk 0 is guaranteed to play the same sound each time (until the sounds are changed by the server owners), as is sm_honk 1, sm_honk 2, etc.

The plugin can also hook voice commands, and turn them into honks. A player must have access to sm_honk to use this feature. You can specify which voice commands to hook by default by adding up the following values, and setting sm_karthorns_voices to your total. The default is "12" which affects the "Move Up!" and "Go! Go! Go!" calls. Players can customize which voice commands are changed to honks by using the /settings menu.
    Spoiler

Other cvars include:
    • sm_karthorns_cooldown with a default value of 5.0. This cvar sets how long a player must wait after honking before they can honk again.
    • sm_karthorns_enabled with a default value of 1. If set to 0, the honks are completely disabled.
    • sm_karthorns_volume with a default value of 1. This cvar can be set to any value between and including 0 and 1, and controls the volume of the honks.

Honks can be added in two ways:
    • If karthorns.txt exists within addons/sourcemod/configs/, the plugin will use the list of files found here. Each filename should be on its own line, and should not include any folder names, slashes, etc. Just the name and extension of files contained within sound/karthorns/.
    • If karthorns.txt does NOT exist within the configs/ folder, then the plugin will automatically search for any sound file placed into /tf/sound/karthorns/, add it to the server downloads, precache it, and add it to the list of honks.

Be sure to also upload the sound files to your FastDL server, if you have one. Remember to change the map or restart the server after plugin installation or installation of new honks.

There are several plugins that allow players to be placed in karts outside of sd_doomsday_event. Here are some.

The plugin requires custom includes. Includes required to compile the plugin are:The Updater plugin does NOT need to be installed for this plugin to function. If you do have Updater installed, integration with this plugin is controlled by the cvar sm_karthorns_updater. Information on this cvar can be found in the ddhoward_updater include.

DOWNLOADS:
    If you like what you see here, please consider donating~

Last edited by ddhoward; 01-24-2018 at 22:00.
    robotortoise
    Old 11-06-2014 , 18:16   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #2

So essentially this is a more optimized version of Tony's plugin with a cvar and the ability to choose what sound you're replacing, correct?

If you ever need help with Wii/Gamecube/DS sounds/music/ect., I'm your man!

Contact me via Steam

I don't bite.

How to loop and compress .wav files

Me and my friends' server
    ddhoward
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-06-2014 , 18:22   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #3

Pretty much. Also, you can place any sound file (of filetypes that the engine supports) into the sound folder, and upon next map change, they will be added to the honk list.

Also, all released versions of Tony's plugin (v1.3 as of this post) play the honks with the listening player as the origin. Meaning that when one player honks, EVERY OTHER PLAYER ON THE MAP hears the honk as if the honker was right on top of him, regardless of any actual distance between them, while older versions cause the horn to be completely inaudible to all players but the honker.

I am aware that the jalopy horn sound (4500d089_aaooga.mp3) is extremely quiet. I will be releasing a fix shortly. This fix will NOT be auto-updated, nor will this plugin ever cause Updater to download sound files.

Last edited by ddhoward; 11-06-2014 at 18:28.
    Precious Hippocrates
    BANNED
    Old 11-06-2014 , 18:58   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #4

Okay, I got a question anyway.

I installed the plugin correctly, I put the files on my server + on my fastDL. Yes, I have packed each file into a .bz2

Now for some reason the files won't even download?
    I set the following values on the cvars:

sm_cvar sm_karthorns_cooldown 0
    sm_cvar sm_karthorns_enabled 1
    sm_cvar sm_karthorns_voices 1

sm_honk works, no errors and no "Unknown Command" messages. The plugin loaded just fine.
    Any idea what could be causing this?
    ddhoward
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-06-2014 , 19:03   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #5

Restart the map?
    Old 11-06-2014 , 19:11   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #6

Did that around three times now, also restarted my server twice. Nothing seems to work.
    ddhoward
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-06-2014 , 19:19   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Precious Hippocrates View Post
    Did that around three times now, also restarted my server twice. Nothing seems to work.
    I'm on your server now, and it seems like no files are being detected in /sound/karthorns/ by the plugin.
    Old 11-06-2014 , 19:21   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #8

Odd, cause there is one file in there.

Server:

FastDL:
    ddhoward
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-06-2014 , 19:23   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #9

Perhaps there is a folder permissions error, where Sourcemod cannot view files in that directory.
    Old 11-06-2014 , 19:24   Re: [TF2] Kart Horns (v.14.1106)
    Reply With Quote #10

Try placing a file called karthorns.txt into sounds/karthorns/ on the server (not on the fastdl though). In that file should be one line:

Code:
    beepbeep.mp3
    Then restart the map.

Next update will see the txt file moved to the addons/sourcemod/configs/ directory.

Last edited by ddhoward; 11-06-2014 at 19:25.