Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

Ikatzuki
Old 09-23-2016 , 14:25   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #851

Been having somewhat the same conflicts as the guy above me.
Some trails and player skins doesnt save upon server restart, map change, rejoins server or if they change team.
I tried installing the custom knives module and its the same thing with that.
Nothing in logs or anything
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2016 , 14:55   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #852

Important question here boys.

I'm checking the materials folders from Store, and i'm seeing some files with the same name, for example these ones.

materials\models\store - EDIT: <---- useless folder nothing uses texture from models/store
and
models\gmod_tower

Both of them have the same files, i wonder why? i'm checking the models from gmod_tower and the textures are inside gmod_tower folder, not in "store" folder.

I wonder why there are so many repeated files, does someone knows?

Also inside models folder there are some materials there, for example in models\gmod_tower you see lots of .vmf files.

Like what the fuck this store is a fucking mess.

Does someone has the correct folder from the models from this store? coz there is some heavy useless shit here which makes people download useless stuff.

Last edited by Lannister; 09-23-2016 at 15:06.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:04   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
Like what the fuck this store is a fucking mess.
This store isn't "a mess", some sample models & textures were given and quickly thrown together. Just because some texture files were accidentally duplicated and/or thrown into various other folders doesn't suddenly mean it's "a mess". Think of everything in items.txt and given assets as an example of how to run it.

For example: 3d glasses

The proper models are located in /models/gmod_tower/ (3dglasses.mdl)
The materials should be located in /materials/models/gmod_tower/ (3dglasses.vmt)

This store is a highly customizable and modular system, if you have the knowledge to install it, you should be able to figure out how it works.
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:09   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
This store isn't "a mess", some sample models & textures were given and quickly thrown together. Just because some texture files were accidentally duplicated and/or thrown into various other folders doesn't suddenly mean it's "a mess". Think of everything in items.txt and given assets as an example of how to run it.

For example: 3d glasses

The proper models are located in /models/gmod_tower/ (3dglasses.mdl)
The materials should be located in /materials/models/gmod_tower/ (3dglasses.vmt)

This store is a highly customizable and modular system, if you have the knowledge to install it, you should be able to figure out how it works.
The materials should be located in /materials/models/gmod_tower/ (3dglasses.vmt) but the same materials are located in materials/store/hats and even inside models/gmod_tower like everything is messed up, if someone wants to download and upload this shit, everything will work as it should, so he won't mind, i thought the same, but when i start to check why the fuck i was downloading many stuff with the same name, i've found out that there are some duplicated stuff everywhere, you can't put a fucking material inside a models folder. pls
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:13   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
The materials should be located in /materials/models/gmod_tower/ (3dglasses.vmt) but the same materials are located in materials/store/hats and even inside models/gmod_tower like everything is messed up, if someone wants to download and upload this shit, everything will work as it should, so he won't mind, i thought the same, but when i start to check why the fuck i was downloading many stuff with the same name, i've found out that there are some duplicated stuff everywhere, you can't put a fucking material inside a models folder. pls
The plugin does not make players download unused materials, for example, the incorrectly placed duplicate files.

I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who thinks you as a server operator should be responsible and upload only the files you need, rather than just copying everything blindly.

Last edited by sneaK; 09-23-2016 at 15:16.
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:15   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #856

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
The plugin does not make players download unused materials, for example, the incorrectly placed duplicate files.
Yes, but i'm using downloads.ini and i make the plugin download the whole folder, yes, you may think "why so lazy? you should put all the paths, not the whole folder" you may be right, but i do this because i don't think that someone would drop some useless materials everywhere when they post a plugin, you can't fucking deny that this plugin have some heavy useless shit everywhere, how a plugin is approved when you have lots of materials on models folder? you even have the same files in 3 different folders.

Im requesting if please someone with fast internet could upload the correctly and NECESSESARY shit to make this plugin work correctly, this mean, removing all useless stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lannister; 09-23-2016 at 15:19.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:20   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #857

The nice part about this store plugin is that every item called by items.txt does what sm_downloader does, except only for the items you require. Basically, you don't need sm_downloader for this plugin, you're only making your clients download more items than necessary.

Edit: https://github.com/dvarnai/store-plu...re/hats.sp#L99

You can see right there it's calling a download and precache for the specific items you've specified in items.txt.

Edit 2: Looked a little bit more into it

/models/store/hats/ is simply a rough duplicate of /models/gmod_tower/, however with a couple extra items and a few extra items missing. I'm assuming the models from /models/store/hats/ directory calls textures from /materials/models/store/hats/, meaning that's not quite a duplicate. If you use only the models under /models/gmod_tower/ then you don't need /materials/store/hats/ directory.

You can delete any .vtf and .vmt file inside /models/gmod_tower. Other than this, everything seems to be set.

Last edited by sneaK; 09-23-2016 at 15:27.
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:24   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #858

That can't be true, since everytime i was uploading some new models i needed to add them manually inside downloads.ini coz server werent downloading them.

Or you ment that it does that with the items from the store? i mean, the models that come from store by default?

And still, even if this is true, you're making server operators to upload useless shit that is thrown everywhere
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:32   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #859

Updated my post above. The only extraneous, unused files are the .vmt and .vtf's inside /models/gmod_tower/. There are duplicate models of /models/gmod_tower in /models/store/hats, however they may be slightly different (don't have the ability to look at the moment), but you simply don't need to upload them if you don't use them.

After you edit your items.txt you must either completely unload the plugin and change maps, or restart the server for it to all take effect. I also use sm_downloader but only for files not required by Store. All of my clients download required Store files successfully. Try removing sm_downloader completely, reconnect to your server after a fresh restart, and see what downloads and what doesn't.

Last edited by sneaK; 09-23-2016 at 15:33.
Aymeric VII
BANNED
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:44   Re: [ANY] Store by Zephyrus [1.1 - 03.01.2016]
Reply With Quote #860

Sometimes the store actually doesn't precache all the files. So what he's saying is true, but there's a simple fix as to just precache it with one of the precache plugins available in the forums.