Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.6.1 [13-January-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

HUGETY
Old 05-17-2022 , 14:27   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #31

Seriously this mod is prefect!Thanks that u made this.
And im thinking about maybe a cooldown time will makes this mod better?
Means like in a regular or random time cant triggle zed time again,just like cooldown.
M16_Nee_san
Old 06-18-2022 , 09:59   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #32

Why can't i bind the commands?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-18-2022 , 12:48   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16_Nee_san View Post
Why can't i bind the commands?
Would be helpful to post what you tried.

@NoroHime:
- Should be passing the entity reference into timers (ZedBack) and validating in callback.
- You don't need to call "IsValidHandle" just check it's not null, since you reset the stored handle to null after use.
- "INVALID_HANDLE" could be replaced with "null".
- The function "GetGameFolderName" should be replaced with "EngineVersion" checks instead which is the standard now, folder name is not guaranteed.
- The "victimname" checks should be replaced with checking the "m_zombieClass" netprop, bot names can be changed, also current method won't account for Special Infected players that are not bots. Don't know if that's intended.
- You can delete the "IsClientConnected" check, you only need to check "IsClientInGame". Also delete the "IsValidEntity" from that function, makes no sense being in a client check stock.
- There are a few spelling mistakes in the cvar descriptions just fyi.
- Does the "func_timescale" need to be killed after creation/usage? I see no cleanup for it unless the game does that.
- Last nitpick, all your global variables and function names are so unclear as to what's what. This is why it's recommend to name global such as "g_hCvarHandle" or "g_fCvarFloat" etc. Keep function names in capitals, variables in lowercase etc. But that's your choice.

Last edited by Silvers; 06-19-2022 at 06:35.
M16_Nee_san
Old 06-19-2022 , 04:19   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Would be helpful to post what you tried.
Yeah, i figured it was too vague. here's what i mean, i bind sm_zedtime to my left alt, pressed it, and it didn't work. it showed in console that "Permission Denied" so i tried type sm_zedtime in console, same result. the command only worked on chat only apparently...

Last edited by M16_Nee_san; 06-19-2022 at 09:58. Reason: Unnecessary Stuff Deleted
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-19-2022 , 06:36   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Yeah, i figured it was too vague. here's what i mean, i bind sm_zedtime to my left alt, pressed it, and it didn't work. it showed in console that "Permission Denied" so i tried type sm_zedtime in console, same result. the command only worked on chat only apparently...

Oh yeah, Is it possible to create Za Warudo effect with this? I know you can because all we need is to decrease the timescale and increase the player speed but i don't know how

And last question, if i put "zed_time_enable" "0" will it disable everything EXCEPT the commands?
Sounds like you're on a listen server where commands only work through chat. Use the plugin by Marttt to allow console commands on a listen server.
Old 06-19-2022 , 13:33   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #36

Please use the edit button instead of deleting and bumping the thread again.

This is unrelated to the current plugin and off topic.

You could just do "bind blah say !zedtime" instead of using the console commands plugin for listen servers. Or better get a dedicated server, listen servers are not officially supported by SourceMod and some plugins will always fail on them.
Old 07-11-2022 , 07:53   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #37

Hello, NoroHime! I'd like to ask you about your entertaining plugin. Is it possible to add a cvar called 'zed_time_threshold_burned_ratio' or something similar to control how much molotovs, gas cans, fireworks, and other types of fire sources affect zed time and if 0 do not trigger zed time at all, similar to 'zed_time_threshold_piped_ratio' but for fires because I only want zed time to trigger from bullets
NoroHime
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2022 , 12:33   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #38

update

didnt recommended use movement boost, because this feature did work perfect, if you use -1 or 63, just set zed_time_boost_actions to 31 for disable that
Quote:

ConVar
PHP Code:

// which actions boost under ZedTime
// 1=Firing 2=Deploying 4=Reloading 8=MeleeSwinging 16=Throwing 32=Movement -1=All.
// add numbers together you want
zed_time_boost_actions "31"

// threshold value multiplier of kill by burn damage
zed_time_threshold_burn_ratio "1.0" 

changelog
  • v1.5 new feature 'boost movement speed when ZedTime triggering' but didnt recommended, explosion damage wont trigger headshot ; 1-May-2022
  • v1.5.1
    command sm_zedtime now can trigger from server console,
    optimize code suggestion from Silvers,
    new ConVar *_threshold_burn_ratio to control fire damage causes threshold; 1-November-2022

Last edited by NoroHime; 11-01-2022 at 06:30.
NoroHime
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2022 , 12:39   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.4 [4-March-2022]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:

this also solve, sometime i realized when ServerCommand("sm_zedtime") then permission denied

Last edited by NoroHime; 10-31-2022 at 12:40.
MedicDTI
Old 11-13-2022 , 14:11   Re: [L4D2] Zed Time with Highlight Kill System v1.5.1 [1-November-2022]
Reply With Quote #40

Idk why but even with WH my Handling doesnt work, i cheked the console and i didnt find any errors about WH. Do you have any idea what could be?

I did some discovered and the only thing that the WH doesnt change its the Fire Rate

Last edited by MedicDTI; 11-13-2022 at 14:25.