Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

change workshop map with gui

Post New Thread Reply   

Gandalf2210
Old 08-20-2018 , 13:05   change workshop map with gui
Reply With Quote #1

hello

I have switched from placing map files on my server to using the workshop method, since the download did not work anymore. It works fine, but is there a nice method for changing the map?
host_workshop_map "12345679"
is not usable, since I don't remember all IDs of all maps I have.
Hosting maps on my server, I can change map via the !admin menu and it displays all maps stored in the maps folder.
But the workshopmaps are not listed there

Is there a plugin where I can graphically select the workshop map in my collection, that I want to play?
Gandalf2210
Old 08-21-2018 , 04:07   Re: change workshop map with gui
Reply With Quote #2

ok, just add a adminmenu_maplist.ini file in the addons/sourcemod/configs folder where you place the maps, and specify the ini file in the maplist.cfg
mlov420
Old 08-23-2018 , 07:48   Re: change workshop map with gui
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf2210 View Post
ok, just add a adminmenu_maplist.ini file in the addons/sourcemod/configs folder where you place the maps, and specify the ini file in the maplist.cfg
That is only partially correct. This is the method I use to run both stock and workshop maps at the same time, but like OP said, the workshop maps do not show up on any menu until their files are actually on the server, unlike if you use the workshop collection method.

To Answer OP's question, as someone who has using this method for years....I have yet to find a way to run stock and workshop maps together using the default mapcycle system, without using host_workshop_map to first download each map to the server before they will appear in the map menu.

OP, just put all your maps into your mapcycle. Then go to your server, and using that maplist as reference, download all your maps. I just did this with 20 maps last night when I changed a server to a new IP. It sucks but in all my years of doing this on all of my servers, I've yet to find a better way.