[L4D2] Super Tanks

Post New Thread Reply   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2012 , 22:08   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSynergy View Post
Hmm what is this Infected Limit Remover youre talking about? Will it impact SI automatically spawned by the director?
It will make more than 2 SI spawn on the field instead of that plugin sm_spawn to bypass the limit.

z_hunter_limit 4
z_boomer_limit 1
z_smoker_limit 2

This will spawn 7 Infected (most of the time, all together).

Yes, the director will utilize the limiter, meaning you do not have to spawn or use a mod at all.

Quote:
Also:

new flags = GetConVarFlags(FindConVar("z_max_player_zombi es"));
SetConVarBounds(FindConVar("z_max_player_zomb ies"), ConVarBound_Upper, false);
SetConVarFlags(FindConVar("z_max_player_zombi es"), flags & ~FCVAR_NOTIFY);
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("z_hunter_limit"), 32);
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("z_jockey_limit"), 32);
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("z_charger_limit"), 32);
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("z_hunter_limit"), 32);
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("z_boomer_limit"), 32);
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("z_spitter_limit"), 32);
This is lagging my server badly, why are you modifying the infected limits? My server should not be dealing with that.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 04-04-2012 at 22:12.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
DarkSynergy
Old 04-04-2012 , 22:35   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Yes, the director will utilize the limiter, meaning you do not have to spawn or use a mod at all.
Is there a way to make the director only spawn the normal amount of SI, but allow plugins such as this one to spawn additional ones?

Quote:
This is lagging my server badly, why are you modifying the infected limits? My server should not be dealing with that.
He said that was for making sure the jockey tank could always throw a jockey. I commented those out after I started noticing duplicate SIs (2 chargers, 2 hunters, etc.).

Last edited by DarkSynergy; 04-04-2012 at 22:37.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2012 , 22:59   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Is there a way to make the director only spawn the normal amount of SI, but allow plugins such as this one to spawn additional ones?

He said that was for making sure the jockey tank could always throw a jockey. I commented those out after I started noticing duplicate SIs (2 chargers, 2 hunters, etc.).
1. Yes the director will spawn your usual infected depending on these Variables: z_hunter_limit, z_smoker_limit, z_boomer_limit, etc. If you want a plugin to control the additional spawns, it can be done. I see no point however, as the intention for l4d2 was to get rid of the lame limiter in l4d2 for SI.

2. Ah i see, well I removed it from my server, I had bugs and it was bad.
Old 04-05-2012 , 13:08   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #54

Btw, you were right. I didn't have to change those limits after all. The way the SI are spawned don't require those limits to be messed with. I'll take it out in the next version.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2012 , 14:24   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Btw, you were right. I didn't have to change those limits after all. The way the SI are spawned don't require those limits to be messed with. I'll take it out in the next version.
With the Limiter, it increases the chances that those limits do not get affected, this is why I was stating they are screwing up the game, i was wondering why 10 spitters were spawning randomly. Strange lol
Old 04-05-2012 , 17:38   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
1. Yes the director will spawn your usual infected depending on these Variables: z_hunter_limit, z_smoker_limit, z_boomer_limit, etc. If you want a plugin to control the additional spawns, it can be done. I see no point however, as the intention for l4d2 was to get rid of the lame limiter in l4d2 for SI.
I was thinking perhaps so plugins like this one would be able to spawn lots of SI in certain situations (Jockey Tank throwing a whole bunch of jockeys onto the battlefield), but still only having the standard number of SI spawning during normal situations.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2012 , 18:56   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
I was thinking perhaps so plugins like this one would be able to spawn lots of SI in certain situations (Jockey Tank throwing a whole bunch of jockeys onto the battlefield), but still only having the standard number of SI spawning during normal situations.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=182057
Limit it.
Old 04-16-2012 , 10:58   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #58

Crash Course Final chapter in the server is turned off during play.
Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated server program is not responding state.

Version 1.2.5 is not a problem.
Version 1.3.1 is a problem.

my poor english sorry.

sourcemod-1.4.2-windows , mmsource-1.8.7-windows

and~my l4d error log. super tank v1.2.5
Please check and modify.

Quote:
L 04/16/2012 - 23:427: [SM] Native "IsClientInGame" reported: Client index 29 is invalid
L 04/16/2012 - 23:427: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "SuperTanks.smx":
L 04/16/2012 - 23:427: [SM] [0] Line 1158, SuperTanks.sp::IsTank()
L 04/16/2012 - 23:427: [SM] [1] Line 2897, SuperTanks.sp::OnSurvivorTakeDamage()

Last edited by gajo0650; 04-16-2012 at 10:58.
Machine
Old 04-16-2012 , 17:31   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajo0650 View Post
Crash Course Final chapter in the server is turned off during play.
Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated server program is not responding state.

Version 1.2.5 is not a problem.
Version 1.3.1 is a problem.

my poor english sorry.

sourcemod-1.4.2-windows , mmsource-1.8.7-windows

and~my l4d error log. super tank v1.2.5
Please check and modify.
Someone reported this problem earlier, with sourcemod 1.3.8, I had no idea 1.4.2 was affected by this problem also.

Try using a development snapshot, such as 1.5.0+ and see if you still have this problem.

Edit: You could try updating mmsource 1.9+ also. I'm not sure which version fixes this error.

I run mmsource 1.9.0 dev and sourcemod 1.5 dev and never get these errors. Also the person reporting issues with 1.3.8 updated both mmsource and sourcemod to those versions and it fixed the problem for him as well.

The reason 1.2.5 never had this problem was because I removed all the event hooks relating to players/bots being hurt and moved them all to SDKHooks OnTakeDamage hooks in 1.3.0+

So somewhere there's a conflict with SDKHooks and mmsource/sourcemod in earlier versions.

Last edited by Machine; 04-16-2012 at 20:39.
gajo0650
Old 04-17-2012 , 09:15   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Someone reported this problem earlier, with sourcemod 1.3.8, I had no idea 1.4.2 was affected by this problem also.

Try using a development snapshot, such as 1.5.0+ and see if you still have this problem.

Edit: You could try updating mmsource 1.9+ also. I'm not sure which version fixes this error.

I run mmsource 1.9.0 dev and sourcemod 1.5 dev and never get these errors. Also the person reporting issues with 1.3.8 updated both mmsource and sourcemod to those versions and it fixed the problem for him as well.

The reason 1.2.5 never had this problem was because I removed all the event hooks relating to players/bots being hurt and moved them all to SDKHooks OnTakeDamage hooks in 1.3.0+

So somewhere there's a conflict with SDKHooks and mmsource/sourcemod in earlier versions.
Super Tank plugin was updated to version 1.3.1.
Developer version is no error.
Thank you!
All has been fixed.

Last edited by gajo0650; 04-17-2012 at 09:15.