Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO] bot quota fix

Post New Thread Reply   

Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-12-2018 , 22:04   [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #1

Hi Im looking for a working version of bot quota fix. There are atleast 3-5 different versions out there in the forums but none are working correctly. They all have different issues that you can read about in the comments.

This is a very useful plugin and I hope someone can figure this out and help us.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=195000

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=283744

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...0&postcount=40

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...89#post2339989

Some of the problems in the comments:

Quote:
Can also confirm, plugin does not function as intended. Not to mention it forces bots in place of human players, kicking the humans for server being full/reserved slots. Sometimes it bugs out so much it has bots rejoining several tens of times a second, causing server var to be insanely high/crash the server.
Quote:
Hello, When I use that plugin, bot (I mean GO-TV) spawn in map, and die.
He can spawn inside map, inside textures, or outside.
How I can fix it?
Quote:
I'm using h3bus DM plugin and i have this problem, every time someone will change team bot will automaticaly join. I was said that this plugin might help, but it didn't. I used botfixdm.smx and this commands
Quote:
any fix for this ? =.= bot are filled in server after some maps
Quote:
Plugin doesn't work properly, Bots get kicked and join all the time. anyone have a fix for this since I still have the problem with bot_quota_mode fill
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2018 , 02:43   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #2

Try this for testin prupose.

In csgo
Find file called ...csgo/bspconvar_whitelist.txt

Edit that file, comment (//) all bot_* prefix lines
Code:
// This file should include convars which custom bsps are permitted to change via the bsp cfg file
// if a convar doesn't exist in this list, a map is not permitted to change it via the map's cfg file
// all convars in this list will also get set to their default values when a game mode cfg file is executed

//bot_allow_grenades									1	// If nonzero, bots may use grenades.
	//bot_allow_machine_guns								1	// If nonzero, bots may use the machine gun.
	//bot_allow_pistols									1	// If nonzero, bots may use pistols.
	//bot_allow_rifles									1	// If nonzero, bots may use rifles.
	//bot_allow_rogues									1
	//bot_allow_shotguns									1	// If nonzero, bots may use shotguns.
	//bot_allow_snipers									1	// If nonzero, bots may use sniper rifles.
	//bot_allow_sub_machine_guns							1	// If nonzero, bots may use sub-machine guns.
	//bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high					1	// Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty
	//bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low					1	// Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty
	//bot_chatter											1	// Control how bots talk. Allowed values: 'off', 'radio', 'minimal', or 'normal'.
	//bot_defer_to_human_goals							1	// If nonzero and there is a human on the team, the bots will not do the scenario tasks.
	//bot_defer_to_human_items							1	// If nonzero and there is a human on the team, the bots will not get scenario items.
	//bot_difficulty										1	
	//bot_quota											1	// Determines the total number of bots in the game.
	//bot_quota_mode										1	// Determines the type of quota. Allowed values: 'normal', 'fill', and 'match'. If 'fill', the server will adjust bots to keep N players in the game, where N is bot_quota. If 'match', the server will maintain a 1:N ratio of humans to bots, where N is bot_quota.

Then create game mode server config file of your current game_mode.
ex. ...csgo/cfg/gamemode_deathmatch_server.cfg
Add your bot_* cvars there.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-13-2018 , 04:25   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #3

I think your suggestion actually fixed my main problem, with bots joining when someone switched teams or joined spec and getting kicked immediately and causing high VAR.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2018 , 06:09   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #4

Are you using still that plugin ? Try disable that.

*edit
ok, so this would be problem
[CS:GO] Deathmatch + bot_quota_mode fill
if you not have rounds.

*edit
this seem nasty bug in game.
in mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 1, bot_quota amount will change when player move team to another...

Last edited by Bacardi; 11-13-2018 at 13:27. Reason: maybe in my test plugin
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-13-2018 , 06:12   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
Are you using still that plugin ? Try disable that.
Well the point of the plugin is to allow the servers having like 10 bots while there are no players and for each player that joins, a bot should leave. Can you even do that without this plugin? :S

Edit: well bot_quota_mode normal could maybe work? I dont have rounds.

Edit: Yea, not using the plugin wont kick the bots.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 11-13-2018 at 06:24.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2018 , 12:40   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #6

First for all, I'm not sure what kind game mode or mods/plugins you are using.
This is about CS:GO own respawn system, not SM plugins.

Finally I found problem. (maybe somone already did before me :s )

Rant:
By default in any game modes.
- First 30 seconds after round_start, bots fill slots automatically depend bot_quota amount and player join team. Works nice.
- After 30 seconds, bots are hold in the end of roun_end. Bots not join or leave automatically.
- After round_end, bots autofill work again like in round_start.

In CS:GO, it have wierd system. (I had no time to check other games for now...)
- When in game respawn system is active, you see it when you jointeam between teams, you respawn immediatelly, there is no freeze/death cam animation.
Server is using bot_add_ct/bot_add_t commands related to -> player jointeam command! *Valve need fix this.
- When server use bot commands, of course cvar bot_quota change amount automatically. This give also problems.

Anyway, bots which not leave or join after 30 sec round_start is game own feature. It's normal.
This can be "fixed" by plugin.

I leave my unfinished test plugin code.
I didn't have anymore time to make plugin, because that "bug" take so long. I need to go work.

- So this plugin will block server commands bot_add_ct/bot_add_t which happen in same time with player jointeam command.
- And everytime human player change team (player_team), it check and change amount bots in game based bot_quota amount.
- And it try fix bot_quota back normal
-- Some point there could be one bot too much, but I look it another time. (Anyone if free to make own versio of this.)
Spoiler

*edit
I forgot mention. In CSGO respawn system, player fast respawn is also buggy, player can respawn in enemy base sometimes.
I couldn't find any cooldown/delay setting for player attempt to spam jointeam and respawn rapidly. With plugin this can be "fix". (Valve need fix this also)

Last edited by Bacardi; 11-16-2018 at 18:47. Reason: Dam typo now->no
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2018 , 18:23   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
First for all, I'm not sure what kind game mode or mods/plugins you are using.
This is about CS:GO own respawn system, not SM plugins.

Finally I found problem. (maybe somone already did before me :s )

Rant:
By default in any game modes.
- First 30 seconds after round_start, bots fill slots automatically depend bot_quota amount and player join team. Works nice.
- After 30 seconds, bots are hold in the end of roun_end. Bots not join or leave automatically.
- After round_end, bots autofill work again like in round_start.

In CS:GO, it have wierd system. (I had no time to check other games for now...)
- When in game respawn system is active, you see it when you jointeam between teams, you respawn immediatelly, there is now freeze/death cam animation.
Server is using bot_add_ct/bot_add_t commands related to -> player jointeam command! *Valve need fix this.
- When server use bot commands, of course cvar bot_quota change amount automatically. This give also problems.

Anyway, bots which not leave or join after 30 sec round_start is game own feature. It's normal.
This can be "fixed" by plugin.

I leave my unfinished test plugin code.
I didn't have anymore time to make plugin, because that "bug" take so long. I need to go work.

- So this plugin will block server commands bot_add_ct/bot_add_t which happen in same time with player jointeam command.
- And everytime human player change team (player_team), it check and change amount bots in game based bot_quota amount.
- And it try fix bot_quota back normal
-- Some point there could be one bot too much, but I look it another time. (Anyone if free to make own versio of this.)
Spoiler

*edit
I forgot mention. In CSGO respawn system, player fast respawn is also buggy, player can respawn in enemy base sometimes.
I couldn't find any cooldown/delay setting for player attempt to spam jointeam and respawn rapidly. With plugin this can be "fix". (Valve need fix this also)
Im running CSGO Deathmatch Advanced with latest dev SM/MM.
So with this I need to set bot_quota right? with the others it was set to 0.

EDIT
Im not sure its working. I have bot_quota 10 + 1 GOTV and a player joined:

Result:
1 GOTV
10 bots
1 player

Expected result:
1 GOTV
9 bots
1 player

Last edited by Ejziponken; 11-16-2018 at 18:43.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2018 , 18:53   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #8

And "CSGO Deathmatch Advanced" is what? And where?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-16-2018 , 19:42   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
And "CSGO Deathmatch Advanced" is what? And where?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=233685

Just the normal DM everyone uses. I think I realized something today tho. The servers running only one map and no mapchanges seems to work fine with your first CFG fixes (editing bspconvar_whitelist.txt).

BUT I noticed just now that bots seems to randomly join like before on servers with multiple maps.

L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:09: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Tyler<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:09: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Rick<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:09: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Jeff<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:09: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Hank<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:10: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Vinny<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:10: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Xavier<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:10: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Dave<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:10: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Cory<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:10: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Erik<BOT> - [19/23] players
L 11/16/2018 - 21:50:10: [clientlimiter.smx] kicking rejected player Zane<BOT> - [19/23] players

clientlimiter is my reserved slot plugin Im using. But I did some CFG changes now on all servers, so it might get fixed now. Need to wait and see.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2018 , 20:08   Re: [CSGO] bot quota fix
Reply With Quote #10

...well, if you start use multiple plugins to keep player count right then there is chance to get more bugs/problems.

I haven't heard that DM mod, valve official servers not have that kind deathmatch.

Last edited by Bacardi; 11-16-2018 at 20:08.