MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:27   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
ads in chat
motd only on connect
Everyone is against ads but they use it that is a point....
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:28   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMAC View Post
Everyone is against ads but they use it that is a point....
everyone is against ads in motd, not in chat.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:32   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
everyone is against ads in motd, not in chat.
a guy say he is against ads, and i show him a picture from community that he adverts... read again from picture what i marked... also why u interfier in my quote to his reply....
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:40   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #195

Quote:
a guy say he is against ads, and i show him a picture from community that he adverts... read again from picture what i marked... also why u interfier in my quote to his reply....
You might want to be the one doing the re-reading.
Old 08-05-2018 , 09:02   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
Hah, do you guys know what is funny? Only those jealous people with 0 player base are against ADS. NO ONE ELSE. There is nothing bad on ads. There would not be 99% of internet websites, there would be no TV series, nothing. ANd many many more. Then stop being jealous and stick together during this rough time. NO ONE FORCES PLAYERS TO PLAY ON SERVERS WITH ADS. It's on their decision. And if you are jealous that someone's making as much money from ADS as you do from your job, It's not our problem.
Sad but true ) 0 players servers people. Who just setup a server up then do nothing , but they want people to come and play in it. Lmao, well my opinion is... In the other hand, instead of against something you don't really know, why don't you try it ? So you can have a more clearly perspective view about it.

Do people ever think , if players hate ads, then why they come and play in ads server ? What in there ? You proud about you are good server owner running pure server obey Valve guideline and you have 0 players in your server. But you see BAD servers always full, why? Because people are bad ?
No. Because those servers owner know what their players want. They have responsibility with their players and their server. Even that cost them money.

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 08-05-2018 at 09:04.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 09:27   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #197

I don't get why you think having a full server is some sign of pride. I make my servers for my community, so they don't have to play in servers with ads. If they want to play Overwatch for a month and not touch my servers, more power to them. However, I love my community and I love my community members, and they don't want to see ads. They pay me every month to pay for the server bill. Let me say that again - they find an ad-free experience so important that they pay for the bill every single month, even when they are on an overwatch kick or a Minecraft kick or a Wildlands kick and haven't played in the server for the entire month.

That's how important an ad-free experience is to some people. If you can't understand that and just want to criticize everybody who doesn't run ads for the number of people in their server, then I don't know what to do.

The problem isn't ads. The problem is that people use the ads to provide !ws to players, which is against valve's terms of service. !ws has killed the CS community. I'm not going to type it all out again, but look for my very large post to see why I think it has happened. I'm happy for people to run ads if that's what they want, and I hope you all can find a solution to that. (And if you do, I will proudly add "ad free" back to my hostname, because I care about that and so do the people I attract.)

Be honest - 99% of the server hosting community could easily afford their monthly bill on donations alone if it weren't for having to pay to maintain !ws. You guys are crying about ads, but you are masking your true fear -that you'll have to give up !ws and then nobody will want to play in your shitty servers anymore.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 08-05-2018 at 09:28.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 09:44   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
I don't get why you think having a full server is some sign of pride. I make my servers for my community, so they don't have to play in servers with ads. If they want to play Overwatch for a month and not touch my servers, more power to them. However, I love my community and I love my community members, and they don't want to see ads. They pay me every month to pay for the server bill. Let me say that again - they find an ad-free experience so important that they pay for the bill every single month, even when they are on an overwatch kick or a Minecraft kick or a Wildlands kick and haven't played in the server for the entire month.

That's how important an ad-free experience is to some people. If you can't understand that and just want to criticize everybody who doesn't run ads for the number of people in their server, then I don't know what to do.

The problem isn't ads. The problem is that people use the ads to provide !ws to players, which is against valve's terms of service. !ws has killed the CS community. I'm not going to type it all out again, but look for my very large post to see why I think it has happened. I'm happy for people to run ads if that's what they want, and I hope you all can find a solution to that. (And if you do, I will proudly add "ad free" back to my hostname, because I care about that and so do the people I attract.)

Be honest - 99% of the server hosting community could easily afford their monthly bill on donations alone if it weren't for having to pay to maintain !ws. You guys are crying about ads, but you are masking your true fear -that you'll have to give up !ws and then nobody will want to play in your shitty servers anymore.
I dont see connection betwean ads and !ws. Ws work on panorama too. So i dont see a connection. Also if u mean about token buying things i saw that 1 token is 0.15$ so 3x0.15 per week x4 weeks = 2$ per month for a server... if u pay 30-50$ for dedi u can pat 2$ for tokens... u dont need ads for that....
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 09:45   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You might want to be the one doing the re-reading.
I did it says motd message of the day. As i know its motd window.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 10:03   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #200

Quote:
I dont see connection betwean ads and !ws. Ws work on panorama too. So i dont see a connection. Also if u mean about token buying things i saw that 1 token is 0.15$ so 3x0.15 per week x4 weeks = 2$ per month for a server... if u pay 30-50$ for dedi u can pat 2$ for tokens... u dont need ads for that....
Yes you do. You're playing dumb to try to avoid looking at yourself and your contribution to Valve's solution. Not a single person in here doesn't see the connection, which is why everybody is phrasing their posts exactly how they are.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 08-05-2018 at 10:03.