Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.21) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

gongo
Old 05-28-2022 , 03:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.5) [20-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #31

"l4d_lock_doors_health_open" doesn't work at all. When you open a door, the door still has "l4d_lock_doors_health_shut" health.
Easily tested if you keep the value at 0.5
Shut value for example at 50
Lock value at 100
The door is still basically non-breakable when opened.
Perhaps it just bugs if I use such high value for shut doors, or the 0.5 value means 0.5 value from the 50 and not default HP?
But this was the only way I could think of to test it, since I have no idea how to display door's health.

"l4d_lock_doors_health_shut" cvar doesn't work very well. Some closed by default doors have the "l4d_lock_doors_health_shut" health and some don't (even same model doors within the same building). You have to open the doors and close them to get the "l4d_lock_doors_health_shut" health applied on them. Possibly only an issue if you set the value higher than "1.0" for shut doors. I have no idea how to check door's health to make sure it's not an issue with 1.0 value. Set the shut value high and you will easily notice some shut by default doors have normal health and some won't break because you set the value high.

"l4d_lock_doors_health_lock" doesn't work if the shut value is higher than this lock value, tho I don't know why would anyone use higher value for shut doors. When you lock the door, the door still has "l4d_lock_doors_health_shut" health if shut value is higher.
Tested with shut value at 100 and lock value at 2.

Less important issues, which I'm not sure can be even fixed:
Trying to lock a door sometimes just opens them instead.
Unlocking a door sometimes unlocks it but keeps them shut, and sometimes unlocking it opens it at the same time. Would be nice if it was consistent, making sure they stay shut every time they are unlocked.

Also one thing happened to me, I kept locking and unlocking a door repeatedly (which also made them open and close repeatedly due to previous issue I described), testing the consistency, and after several tries they just completely broke down. Not sure if a bug or game's / plugin's protection, or if there's a bug with the plugin which makes the door get damaged after each lock and unlock.

I will do more testing.
I uninstalled all server mods of course to make sure nothing conflicted with it.

All this was tested on multiple doors in the No Mercy map 1. The door that completely shattered was the first door in the map.

Last edited by gongo; 05-28-2022 at 05:31. Reason: More testing
Toranks
Old 05-28-2022 , 04:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.5) [20-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #32

Trying to lock a door sometimes opens it, but that happens always for me with double doors. The locked state is maintained, so the solution is to close the door, and you will no longer be able to open it again. It was never a problem for me, simple solution.
I've been using this plugin for a long time and although I have no way to check the doors HP (Do you know of a way?) it seems to work for me. I use very high values, and it makes a difference between a horde being able to break into a room by breaking the door in 10 seconds without locking or 30 seconds locked, using the right cvars.

About locking and unlocking the door really fast, I remember not only doing it, but the bots sometimes do it too! Has anyone ever noticed it? They know how to lock and unlock doors!
I remember one time I get spammed the lock-unlock message for a few seconds while the bots were trying to enter on a locked room.
The door has never been broken because of it.
There are mods in the workshop that alter door models and maybe that could be a reason why this fails for you. In fact I have a mod that fixes sounds on broken doors, for example (but without problems).
gongo
Old 05-28-2022 , 05:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.5) [20-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #33

I was talking about single door, and no, the door isn't locked when I close it after that. I guess the game just doesn't detect the Shift+E correctly sometimes. I don't know, not a big deal though.

The lock value didn't work because I used higher value for shut doors (for testing purposes), which no one will probably use normally.

But the open value doesn't seem to work at all. Open door is using shut value, or maybe I don't understand how the plugin works.
I set shut value at 50 (again for testing purposes), and lock value to 100. Open value is at 0.5.
When I open the door, the door is still basically impossible to destroy. I don't know if the 0.5 value is taken from the 840 health of the door, or if it's from 50x value I set for the shut door.

But the shut value is still glitched, as I stated before. Some closed by default doors respect the shut value and some don't. You have to open them and close them back for them to get the shut health. It's possibly only an issue if the shut value is higher than 1.0, because I imagine the shut doors that don't respect the value are set to 1.0 by default.

I updated my previous post for all the findings.

And as I said before, all mods have been uninstalled from the server.
Sourcemod 1.11

By the way, do you have good, balanced value for locked doors? I tried setting it to 3.0 but few zombies destroy it very fast, in like 2 seconds, on expert anyway.

Last edited by gongo; 05-28-2022 at 06:22.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-28-2022 , 07:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.5) [20-Jul-2021]
Reply With Quote #34

Will add a command to view door health, fix health bugging (it lowers with spam usage) and prevent spamming and opening when only unlocking.

The percentages are setting from the doors current health, if "840" is set when they spawn, then 0.5 is 420 health when opened.

Edit: Completed, will post after some more testing.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-28-2022 at 08:29.
Silvers
Old 05-29-2022 , 08:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.6) [29-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #35

Code:
1.6 (29-May-2022)
    - Added command "sm_lock_doors_health" to check a doors health.
    - Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_random" to randomly open or close doors on round start.
    - Fixed the health not being consistently set correctly.
    - Fixed locking or unlocking from opening or closing the door.
    - Fixed issues with double doors not being handled together.
    - Change cvar "l4d_lock_doors_text" description and default value for hint messages printing to all instead of an individual client and vice versa.

- Thanks to "gongo" for reporting issues and testing.
    - Thanks to "Toranks" for help testing.
Edit: There are more issues, this version is still buggy.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-29-2022 at 17:03.
Maur0
Old 05-29-2022 , 14:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.7) [29-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #36

Silvers - Good update. But I have seen a small inconvenience.

When the door is closed, whether it is locked or not. Upon bash/shove him, I saw his health drop to 0, making him break easily.

I don't know if you can fix this little bug. Because it has been bothering me when a survivors hits him with a simple push.
Silvers
Old 05-29-2022 , 18:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.8) [29-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #37

Code:
1.8 (29-May-2022)
    - Added cvars "l4d_lock_doors_damage_common", "l4d_lock_doors_damage_infected" and "l4d_lock_doors_damage_survivor" to control shove damage on doors. Thanks to "Maur0" for reporting.
    - Added support for competitive Versus to open/close the same doors for both teams.
    - Now ignores randomly opening a door if it's near an "info_survivor_rescue" entity. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
    - Better handling for opening double doors in the same direction, should work in most cases/maps.
    - Fixed accidental additional character in printing message.
    - Fixed not randomly opening or closing doors on server start.
Thanks, added cvars to control shoving damage. Hopefully this fixes some of the issues the last versions caused.
Old 05-30-2022 , 00:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.8) [29-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
1.8 (29-May-2022)
    - Added cvars "l4d_lock_doors_damage_common", "l4d_lock_doors_damage_infected" and "l4d_lock_doors_damage_survivor" to control shove damage on doors. Thanks to "Maur0" for reporting.
    - Added support for competitive Versus to open/close the same doors for both teams.
    - Now ignores randomly opening a door if it's near an "info_survivor_rescue" entity. Thanks to "gongo" for reporting.
    - Better handling for opening double doors in the same direction, should work in most cases/maps.
    - Fixed accidental additional character in printing message.
    - Fixed not randomly opening or closing doors on server start.
Thanks, added cvars to control shoving damage. Hopefully this fixes some of the issues the last versions caused.
You are a god! Thank you!

Last request: since I saw that you separated in modifying the damage between the Survivors, Special Infected and Common.

Can it also be applied to Weapons, Melee and Explosives to modify the damage to doors?

That is the last thing I ask for and it would already be 100% complete.
Silvers
Old 05-30-2022 , 08:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.9) [30-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maur0 View Post
Can it also be applied to Weapons, Melee and Explosives to modify the damage to doors?
Then add 24 cvars for all types of weapons and explosives? Too much, not happening.

Code:
1.9 (30-May-2022)
    - Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_damage_tank" to control a Tanks shove damage on doors.
    - Now requires double doors to be closed before locking.
    - Fixed the damage cvars not following the "0" value to use default game damage.
    - Fixed some doors sometimes becoming invincible and not breaking.
    - Fixed another case where random doors were not set after server start.

Last edited by Silvers; 05-30-2022 at 08:37.
Maur0
Old 05-30-2022 , 14:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lock Doors (1.9) [30-May-2022]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Then add 24 cvars for all types of weapons and explosives? Too much, not happening.

Code:
1.9 (30-May-2022)
    - Added cvar "l4d_lock_doors_damage_tank" to control a Tanks shove damage on doors.
    - Now requires double doors to be closed before locking.
    - Fixed the damage cvars not following the "0" value to use default game damage.
    - Fixed some doors sometimes becoming invincible and not breaking.
    - Fixed another case where random doors were not set after server start.
oh wow. You're right, I asked too much. Forgiveness.

But thanks for the recent update. You really do a good job! Thank you very much! ;)