Great Tester of Whatever
Old 12-05-2020 , 18:26   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmelenchon View Post
Maybe try that in the SMAC config:
smac_addcmd tickcount 2
smac_addcmd command_number 2

I searched for information and it seems that they use these commands in the source code of their cheat to activate the airstuck exploit, i am not sure that these commands are important or not for the game and or if it could lead to false bans as i did not try for the moment.
There are different ways to implement airstuck and the one I posted is one of the most popular

You can also add a check on tickcount
Spoiler

Many private cheats use timeshift aka Tickbase Manipulation which can also be tracked via cmdnum and this feature can be used as an airstuck but only without teleportation
JLmelenchon
Old 12-06-2020 , 07:00   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #12

Does SMAC eye test isn't supposed to detect tickcount manipulation ect ?

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 12-06-2020 at 07:00.
JLmelenchon
Old 12-06-2020 , 15:49   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHaType View Post
There are different ways to implement airstuck and the one I posted is one of the most popular

You can also add a check on tickcount
Spoiler

Many private cheats use timeshift aka Tickbase Manipulation which can also be tracked via cmdnum and this feature can be used as an airstuck but only without teleportation
Still nothing detected. Does this thing can happen as a random bug too on innocent players? I'm really starting to ask myself
larrybrains
Old 12-06-2020 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #14

Are you sure this is a result of exploiting/cheating?

I have been experiencing it pretty regularly on my server ever since the Last Stand Update, which was the same time I updated to SM 1.10. It happens with various players playing as jockey/survivor, and it has happened to me while I am playing jockey, or survivor, and I know I am not cheating/exploiting.

The best explanation I can come up with so far, and this is something Marttt mentioned, is that it may be the result of the Anti Bhopping plugin https://github.com/SirPlease/L4D2-Co...4d2_nobhaps.sp in combination with a setting on my server.

I have the cvar z_jockey_control_variance set to 0.45 instead of the default 0.7, which makes it so the survivor has less control over the jockey, and as such moves faster when jockeyed.

This is just a theory, but I think the anti-bhopping plugin is picking that up as bhopping and attempting to teleport the player, but since they are jockeyed, it gets all screwed up and teleports them outside of the map.

Hoping someone with more knowledge can give some insight on whether my theory makes any sense with the code in this anti-bhop plugin.

EDIT: Looking at that plugin again, the way the TeleportEntity function is used:

PHP Code:
TeleportEntity(clientNULL_VECTORNULL_VECTORCurVelVec); 
Should only change their velocity and not actually teleport them to a new location, so now I am questioning my theory.

Last edited by larrybrains; 12-06-2020 at 16:52.
JLmelenchon
Old 12-06-2020 , 17:17   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #15

This is a feature existing in cheat program, the cheater just have to press a key and he got teleported out of bounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxIMeWf6GGo

Maybe because there is an exploit in the code of the game originally so they can use that (it was fixed in CSGO but they found a way to make it work again from what i understood), but yes i agree with you it happens very very often since last stand update this really need a fix. Basically it happened to me only once in a few month in the begining of 2020 but now it is almost every 5 games.

I have the nobhop plugin too but i did not modify the cvar you have mentionned (and using SM 1.11 dev), but this seems to be exploited on official servers too so i don't know.

I will open an issue on Valve github but honestly when i see all the isues not resolved, i don't get my hopes too high.

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 12-06-2020 at 17:25.
larrybrains
Old 12-06-2020 , 17:25   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #16

Ya, it is happening on my server on average every other game and sometimes more frequent than that and has only happened since the last stand update and never happened prior to that.

Are you running Sir's Comp Rework on your server? https://github.com/SirPlease/L4D2-Competitive-Rework
JLmelenchon
Old 12-06-2020 , 17:35   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
Ya, it is happening on my server on average every other game and sometimes more frequent than that and has only happened since the last stand update and never happened prior to that.

Are you running Sir's Comp Rework on your server? https://github.com/SirPlease/L4D2-Competitive-Rework
Yes but not all plugins, most of them.

Comment if it happened to you, maybe someone at Valve will look at it ()
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...es/issues/3454
larrybrains
Old 12-06-2020 , 17:39   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmelenchon View Post
Yes but not all plugins, most of them.

Comment if it happened to you, maybe someone at Valve will look at it ()
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Sou...es/issues/3454
I was just talking with Sir, and he says it may be related to the OS and says that they see weird issues if running libraries past Ubuntu 18.04

I am on Debian 10 Buster x64. What OS are you running on your servers?
JLmelenchon
Old 12-06-2020 , 17:50   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
I was just talking with Sir, and he says it may be related to the OS and says that they see weird issues if running libraries past Ubuntu 18.04

I am on Debian 10 Buster x64. What OS are you running on your servers?
I don't know to be honest i just know it runs on linux, i rent it.
But anyway this does not change the fact that it is still happening on official server as mentioned on reddit by this person : https://www.reddit.com/r/l4d2/commen...ap_exploit_in/

I would really like to hear Valve about that, i even contacted them on steam support but obviously they don't care i just had automatic answers.

Last edited by JLmelenchon; 12-06-2020 at 17:53.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2020 , 18:23   Re: [L4D2] Airstuck teleportation patch
Reply With Quote #20

I have never experienced that in modded versus servers that are not from Sir or Vanilla. Just sharing my experience.

Most of the reports have been from vanilla servers, and others from servers with Sir pack,
So I'm not sure if they are related, or if the Sir plugin generates this exploit more often.
I know that Sir pack has some plugins related to the jockey, so maybe is one of them and maybe OS related too. (wrong gamedata? who knows)

Last edited by Marttt; 12-06-2020 at 18:24.