Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Modeling question

Post New Thread Reply   

thEsp
BANNED
Old 02-22-2019 , 10:09   Modeling question
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, as most of forum's members are related to scripting, while modeling and mapping too, I know this is a great place to share my question. Why there is very limited help and info about modeling ?
Is this because modeling is hard or because GoldSrc-Based games are old to waste time in?
Where can I find a properly guided tutorial about creating models, Player and/or weapon models.
The one I found in internet are poorly explained.
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2019 , 16:25   Re: Modeling question
Reply With Quote #2

This is not the best forum to ask about models. Try to ask in gamebanana instead.

thEsp
BANNED
Old 02-23-2019 , 04:52   Re: Modeling question
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazY. View Post
This is not the best forum to ask about models. Try to ask in gamebanana instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
The one I found in internet are poorly explained.
GameBannana is the only site I found a bit of help, but still they're not for beginners.
shadowcs1
Old 03-02-2019 , 06:44   Re: Modeling question
Reply With Quote #4

I personally prefer Blender and Photoshop. Those 2 are the most important things. By modelling you mean creating a whole new thing. Like a weapon right? Try installing first a 3D modelling program like Blender/Maya/etc first and try to get to know that program. After you know how to create your things, you need to export your 'weapon' and texture it (and this is the most difficult thing I find for me). After you've done the whole process, you can add textures in blender as example and export as mdl. The final step is to create a plugin which it uses that mdl.

Edit: The thing is that goldsrc games are too old. You can't really get money by doing modelling for some of these games and that's why there's not really much persons who can model for cs as example. As for informations about how can you model, there are pleeeeenty enough. First thing first you need to understant what is a model, and how can you implement. After that just search about the extension and you will find what you need. Tho I wouldn't recommend to try to make modelling for goldsrc games. Waste of time.

Last edited by shadowcs1; 03-02-2019 at 06:53. Reason: reread the question