Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-16-2009 , 23:05   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Er the "Waiting for players" can't be a time based cvar? i know of two varaibles for it AFAIK:

mp_waitingforplayers_cancel : 0 : , "sv" : Set to
1 to end the WaitingForPlayers period.
mp_waitingforplayers_restart : 0 : , "sv" : Set to
1 to start or restart the WaitingForPlayers period.

Plus it ends as soon as two players are either on the server or possibly when they are on a team.

Can someone please check each map type and find out for sure whether "Waiting for players" is Arena specific?
It's normally a locked cvar. Use "sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time NUMBER" to change it.

And, it -does- happen on other maps. Defaults to 30 seconds after the map starts, and lasts until that time ends no matter how many players are available.

Quote:
I don't know if I have experienced "Waiting to play" yet, maybe I have been just dealing at the moment with "Waiting for players".
You'll notice it anytime you're on an arena map and are in one of the circumstances I've mentioned above. Take note you must be using the original arena queue mode, though -- "tf_arena_use_queue 1"
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-19-2009 , 09:05   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #402

Did a shitload of testing on the issue with arena on TF2 regarding the "Waiting To Play" spec bug with Rothgar on my testbed server. Lots of progress made, but it's not quite working yet. Hopefully it'll be good to go soon.

On the upside, he fixed the issue of the Waiting for Players time counting for AFKers.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2009 , 08:17   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #403

Have been doing testing with Atreus on his server, however it would be good if there was a server with some players I could test with in an AU or similar timezone.

We need a testbed with at least 4 players I believe for a proper Arena map and one person able to go spec without the game ending? Maybe more not sure.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-22-2009 , 10:47   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #404

4 players, if they're using RunTeamLogic

6, otherwise.

I will be able to give you a hand either this afternoon or late tonight. Some friends are coming over between the two, sorry. I've tried to be available when I can.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2009 , 05:33   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #405

For your next version if you do one can you fix the spectator issue when people just join a map. If they dont join fast enough, it says you will be moved to spectate, but really they are pretty much in spectate already. It also causes a lot of spam since not everyone joins a team in a minute.

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2009 , 08:12   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
For your next version if you do one can you fix the spectator issue when people just join a map. If they dont join fast enough, it says you will be moved to spectate, but really they are pretty much in spectate already. It also causes a lot of spam since not everyone joins a team in a minute.
I can probably look at this, just not sure if OnMapStart() and OnMapEnd() fires for all mods, I am needing an Arena server to test the Arena changes on before I get close to a new release. Need a number of people in a server for testing also as mentioned.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Da_Man
Old 08-11-2009 , 12:46   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #407

ive had problems where people would use the away feature just to see where the infected were at. Is there anything that will remove free look for spectator? Theres no need in being a spectator anyway unless they are afk and are moved there. Any feedback would be appreciated ;p
Send a message via MSN to Da_Man
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 17:22   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man View Post
ive had problems where people would use the away feature just to see where the infected were at. Is there anything that will remove free look for spectator? Theres no need in being a spectator anyway unless they are afk and are moved there. Any feedback would be appreciated ;p
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...t=98660&page=3
Old 08-11-2009 , 19:44   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Man View Post
This doesn't sound like an AFK Manager issue?
Cobra-Jet
Old 08-16-2009 , 00:48   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #410

On TF2 Arena, I would like to disable the AFK manager so people waiting to play are not moved to spectate. People waiting to play or dead can't move or do anything to stop from being moved to spectate.

I put sm_afk_enable 0 in config_arena.cfg, but that doesn't do anything. Maybe the sourcemod configs exec after the arena config?

Anyone else have a way to keep spectators / dead people on Arena from being seen as AFK?