Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Connect Announce

Post New Thread Reply   

Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2008 , 19:42   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #31

Ahh you want the custom join message to show on the same line as the enhanced join message. Well that wouldnt work very well as ive set up the custom join message to only allow for the maximum allowed number of characters in chat, and when you set it it validates that. To add the players name in that string would make it impossible to determine if the string is going to be too long or not.
Old 09-14-2008 , 04:16   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #32

There are probably people who would dislike this, so if added it should probably be optional, like with an enable/disable cvar, but I'd personally like to have it display disconnect messages as well (play blah blah steam id from country ### disconnected) and maybe even allow separate custom disconnect messages?

Btw are the custom connect messages in this stored somewhere? Do they remain even after the server is rebooted?
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2008 , 04:37   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap View Post
There are probably people who would dislike this, so if added it should probably be optional, like with an enable/disable cvar, but I'd personally like to have it display disconnect messages as well (play blah blah steam id from country ### disconnected) and maybe even allow separate custom disconnect messages?

Btw are the custom connect messages in this stored somewhere? Do they remain even after the server is rebooted?
Im not sure wat you are saying people would dislike? if you mean the player custom join message, then thats why an admin has to allow this on a player before they can set one. The custom player join messages are persistent, yes.
Old 09-14-2008 , 09:07   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #34

Hey guys, i'm not that great at coding. So i was wandering if one of you could help me out. What i want is PlayerName followed by country, followed by custom message (order doesn't matter but only those 3). Basically i just want to take the SteamID off. What would i have to change to do this?

"Phrases"
{
"Player Join Message"
{
"#format" "{1:c},{2:s},{3:c},{4:s},{5:c},{6:s}"
"en" "{1}{2} <{3}{4}{5}> connected from country {6}"
}
}

Also does c=Green text? Id rather it be white (i believe that is "s" correct?)

Last edited by mpain55; 09-14-2008 at 09:14.
Crap
Old 09-14-2008 , 16:45   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arg! View Post
Im not sure wat you are saying people would dislike? if you mean the player custom join message, then thats why an admin has to allow this on a player before they can set one. The custom player join messages are persistent, yes.
Sorry, let me rewrite that more clearly.

I would like the plugin to also show disconnect messages like it shows the connect messages, in the green text in the form -"Player SteamID from country has disconnected".

If disconnect messages were implemented, having custom disconnect messages would also be nice.

However, I am certain that some people (e.g. people on these forums running their own servers) would not want the disconnect messages spamming up the console/chat, so if they were added it would probably be best to make them optional.

Better?
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2008 , 19:25   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap View Post
Sorry, let me rewrite that more clearly.

I would like the plugin to also show disconnect messages like it shows the connect messages, in the green text in the form -"Player SteamID from country has disconnected".

If disconnect messages were implemented, having custom disconnect messages would also be nice.

However, I am certain that some people (e.g. people on these forums running their own servers) would not want the disconnect messages spamming up the console/chat, so if they were added it would probably be best to make them optional.

Better?

I see. Well i havent researched it but i imagine disconnects might be a bit more complex to achieve, as there are many reasons y a player might disconnect (client left, timed out, kicked etc).
Ill add it as a feature request and come back to it after people are happy that what i do have works.
Old 09-14-2008 , 19:36   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpain55 View Post
Hey guys, i'm not that great at coding. So i was wandering if one of you could help me out. What i want is PlayerName followed by country, followed by custom message (order doesn't matter but only those 3). Basically i just want to take the SteamID off. What would i have to change to do this?

"Phrases"
{
"Player Join Message"
{
"#format" "{1:c},{2:s},{3:c},{4:s},{5:c},{6:s}"
"en" "{1}{2} <{3}{4}{5}> connected from country {6}"
}
}

Also does c=Green text? Id rather it be white (i believe that is "s" correct?)
to take the steam id out, use this string

Code:
"en" "{1}{2} connected from country {6}"
Old 09-17-2008 , 22:52   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #38

Is it possible to add the IP address to the connect message as well?
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2008 , 23:14   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #39

Indeed, this will be in the next release.
Old 09-21-2008 , 22:48   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #40

Cool Plugin.
Game Server Hosting