Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)

Post New Thread Reply   

MaZa
BANNED
Old 05-03-2019 , 05:59   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexunder View Post
i use it and don't have any problem , maybe help :

You need also my version of dhooks:
https://github.com/xutaxkamay/dhooks...es/tag/v2.2.1b sm 1.9
https://github.com/xutaxkamay/dhooks...es/tag/v2.2.1c sm 1.10
sm version last (1.10)
Alexunder
Old 05-03-2019 , 09:00   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZa View Post
sm version last (1.10)
i use 1.9

you can test
MaZa
BANNED
Old 05-03-2019 , 14:36   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexunder View Post
i use 1.9

you can test
.so Needs to be recompiled, I don't need sm 1.9
hambooga
Old 05-13-2019 , 17:08   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #44

Doesn't work on DOD:S, here's the error log.
I'm using SM 1.9

L 05/13/2019 - 04:25:20: [SM] Exception reported: [FireBullets Fix] failed to find offset
L 05/13/2019 - 04:25:20: [SM] Blaming: firebulletsfix.smx
L 05/13/2019 - 04:25:20: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 05/13/2019 - 04:25:20: [SM] [0] SetFailState
L 05/13/2019 - 04:25:20: [SM] [1] Line 54, firebulletsfix.sp::OnPluginStart
L 05/13/2019 - 04:25:20: [SM] Unable to load plugin "firebulletsfix.smx": Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs)

EDIT:
Also tried on 1.10, doesn't work either, has the same error.

Last edited by hambooga; 05-13-2019 at 17:26.
hambooga
Old 05-28-2019 , 18:46   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #45

It works now. If you edit the gamedata file from "dods" to "dod" it'll work. I contacted Xutax about this and we figured this out. Such a simple error lol.
KoMiKoZa
Old 06-04-2019 , 10:05   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #46

I've always wondered about this in L4D2, and it's still very noticeable on 100 tickrate. Thanks for the info provided and the amazing fix. Great job!
KoMiKoZa
Old 06-19-2019 , 10:32   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #47

One of russian users on a forum where I posted the info on this plugin says that setting sv_unlag to 0 will be "the same as this plugin, even better".

What can you say about this as an author? Surely you'd be aware if sv_unlag had the same results?
Xutax_Kamay
Old 06-20-2019 , 09:42   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoMiKoZa View Post
One of russian users on a forum where I posted the info on this plugin says that setting sv_unlag to 0 will be "the same as this plugin, even better".

What can you say about this as an author? Surely you'd be aware if sv_unlag had the same results?
I'm sorry to say that, but they trolled you.
If you disable that, it will just disable lag compensation and you won't hit anymore players moving lmao

It is possible to use lag compensation and have the same fix as mine, by just backtracking the localplayer by 1 tick, theorically it should even be better than what I use right now
But yet, the problem isn't really on lag compensation, but how the player's commands are processed, I listed already all the details in my first post

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 06-20-2019 at 09:47.
KoMiKoZa
Old 06-21-2019 , 03:54   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xutax_Kamay View Post
I'm sorry to say that, but they trolled you.
If you disable that, it will just disable lag compensation and you won't hit anymore players moving lmao

It is possible to use lag compensation and have the same fix as mine, by just backtracking the localplayer by 1 tick, theorically it should even be better than what I use right now
But yet, the problem isn't really on lag compensation, but how the player's commands are processed, I listed already all the details in my first post
Nah, I didn't believe that hence why I asked you.

The guy seems to be a longtimer on the forums and acts like a know-it-all, keeps saying your plugin is useless and that the devs "know their engine better". He said he ran some tests with sv_unlag disabled and got the same results, I asked him to bring proofs.

Will update if he brings anything substantial as I'm curious.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 06-23-2019 , 23:10   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoMiKoZa View Post
Nah, I didn't believe that hence why I asked you.

The guy seems to be a longtimer on the forums and acts like a know-it-all, keeps saying your plugin is useless and that the devs "know their engine better". He said he ran some tests with sv_unlag disabled and got the same results, I asked him to bring proofs.

Will update if he brings anything substantial as I'm curious.
Sure thing,

I never said that the devs of the game doesn't know the engine, but they can't know every bugs that is happening inside their games. (Otherwhise, they wouldn't do bounties for it)
By the way, that's what does sv_unlag https://github.com/VSES/SourceEngine...ation.cpp#L322 , just disabling player lag compensation. Nothing else.
As the localplayer backtracking is disabled by default, it should not change anything on the localplayer and should never apply a fix, activated or not. Reference is old, but very good enough. (I think there is a convar aswell for activating backtracking on localplayer but no need for it)

I'm even too lazy to make a video myself, but if you really want to test, just run the game and bot_stop 1 on a surf map with nospread and timescale.
If the issue disappears, then good for you, they have the truth that it can be fixed with only that convar, but another one would appear, since player lag compensation is disabled you can't hit people while they are moving, and that's just more fucked up.

Last thing, would it be possible to have the url to the forum thread? I'm kinda curious aswell, I would like to see what I can reply there and maybe discuss with him.

Thanks

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 06-23-2019 at 23:22.