Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2021 , 17:57   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #981

There are plenty of alternative map choosing plugins. The two most popular ones that I know of are Galileo (the original one) and Deagles. There are others that you can find on the forums.
Old 12-30-2021 , 22:21   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
There are plenty of alternative map choosing plugins. The two most popular ones that I know of are Galileo (the original one) and Deagles. There are others that you can find on the forums.
many thanks I will try the deagles version and report back.

Old 01-06-2022 , 14:14   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #983

okay so, i tried Deagles map changer and didnt like it at all.

Ive reinstalled Galileo and now RTV or rockthevote doesnt work at all. I looked at the galileo.cfg file and adjusted the cvars and still nothing.

anyone can assist?

edit: WORKS after a few map changes......

Last edited by StDenisGamers; 01-06-2022 at 15:23.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2022 , 22:30   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #984

You can consider the original Galileo also, you don't necessarily have to use this version.
Old 01-10-2022 , 23:05   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You can consider the original Galileo also, you don't necessarily have to use this version.
well, the original version worked but it crashed my server often. It also showed a few error messages.

now, RTV or rockthevote doesnt work at all. currentmap, nextmap, timeleft, these work but not rtv.
Old 01-11-2022 , 22:41   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #986

Quote:
Originally Posted by StDenisGamers View Post
well, the original version worked but it crashed my server often. It also showed a few error messages.

now, RTV or rockthevote doesnt work at all. currentmap, nextmap, timeleft, these work but not rtv.
Well, there seems to be a common denominator here, your server. Are you sure you're installing things correctly? What errors do you get when either of the Galileo version crash? Check the AMX Mod X logs folder for the error file. If there isn't one, you need to get the console output from the server when the crash occurs so that we can diagnose the problem.

My server uses a customized version of the original plugin and another server owner I know is running a very slightly modified version of the original Galileo so I wouldn't expect to see crashes because of it.

Last edited by fysiks; 01-11-2022 at 22:43.
Enrory
Old 01-21-2022 , 11:47   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #987

I need only this tool in plugin.

Change to the map that was being played when the server was reset.
// If the server restarts on the same maps about 3 times, it will add
// that map to the file:
//
// addons/data/galileo/maps_where_the_server_probably_crashed.txt
//
// And to go to the next map on the mapcycle list.

Is it possible?
Old 01-21-2022 , 21:01   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrory View Post
I need only this tool in plugin.

Change to the map that was being played when the server was reset.
// If the server restarts on the same maps about 3 times, it will add
// that map to the file:
//
// addons/data/galileo/maps_where_the_server_probably_crashed.txt
//
// And to go to the next map on the mapcycle list.

Is it possible?
I don't see why not. You should post in the Suggestions/Request section of the forum.
Old 02-06-2022 , 06:29   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #989

I would like to use Galileo, but I'm missing 2 CVARs
1 - I have a gungame and would like the menu to trigger when I get to HE
2 - put in this CVARs "amx_extendmap_max 90" to 240? Because I have about 180 maps and I would like them to come back as little as possible.

thank you
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2022 , 16:52   Re: Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16
Reply With Quote #990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGarfield View Post
I would like to use Galileo, but I'm missing 2 CVARs
1 - I have a gungame and would like the menu to trigger when I get to HE
2 - put in this CVARs "amx_extendmap_max 90" to 240? Because I have about 180 maps and I would like them to come back as little as possible.

thank you
You're posting in the thread of one version of Galileo and then you link to the original version of Galileo. Also, what do you mean when you say that you're missing 2 cvars? I don't think anything in your post relates to Galileo.

Regarding GunGame, GunGame for Counter-Strike already has support for Galileo.

To change when the vote occurs in GunGame, you can change the "gg_vote_setting" cvar. I believe this is the number of levels prior to winning the vote will occur. So, if you want to have the vote sooner, make this value larger, and vice versa.

If you're running GunGame on your server, extending shouldn't even be an option. Changing "amx_extendmap_max" value won't cause the maps to "come back as little as possible". If you don't want a map to be re-played too soon, you should increase the value of "gal_banrecent" so that maps won't show up until that number of maps has been played.

Last edited by fysiks; 02-06-2022 at 16:53.