Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)

Post New Thread Reply   

kgns
Old 06-01-2017 , 21:02   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #11

just a question, in terms of general functionality, is this different than SDownloader?
ScrapEngineer
Old 06-02-2017 , 06:00   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgns View Post
just a question, in terms of general functionality, is this different than SDownloader?
Well unlike plugins like that, you don't have to worry about listing things since it just does it for you, no hassle.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-02-2017 , 12:35   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgns View Post
You would use other precacher/downloader plugins if you want to have full control over which files are sent to the client and which files are precached while this plugin is meant to precache every file on the server and add it to the downloads table so you don't have to worry about it. There is a config file you can use to add file exclusions so the plugin doesn't handle those files via a blacklist system.
Agent Wesker
Old 06-02-2017 , 16:23   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #14

Surprised this wasn't invented sooner, great work!
Starbish
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-04-2017 , 11:18   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drixevel View Post
You would use other precacher/downloader plugins if you want to have full control over which files are sent to the client and which files are precached while this plugin is meant to precache every file on the server and add it to the downloads table so you don't have to worry about it. There is a config file you can use to add file exclusions so the plugin doesn't handle those files via a blacklist system.
my plugin does not precache all the files on the server -_-...

it excludes every valve's default files and my plugin also has blacklist feature -_-..

of course similar plugin can be made but dont post your plugin link on my plugin thread. that's quite rude.
Old 07-04-2017 , 19:34   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbish View Post
my plugin does not precache all the files on the server -_-...

it excludes every valve's default files and my plugin also has blacklist feature -_-..

of course similar plugin can be made but dont post your plugin link on my plugin thread. that's quite rude.
QuantumToast
Old 07-10-2017 , 01:41   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #17

Could you give an example of the contents of the exclusions file? I'm not sure if I'm doing it incorrectly, but it does not seem to be excluding files properly.
Also, could it have something to do with the files on the FastDL server being .bz2 files as opposed to their native extentions (.mp3, .vtf, .vmt, etc)? I'm attaching (one of) my exclusion files - I just put in what I assumed to be the correct way to do this.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg all_exclude.cfg (23.1 KB, 203 views)
Old 07-18-2017 , 21:56   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #18

I don't know if I'm just dumb or if something is broken but this doesn't seem to work for me. I even tried recompiling with #debug defined and still can't figure out why it won't work...
TrappaTroopa
Old 09-26-2017 , 17:39   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drixevel View Post
Like the user above I also can't get this to work. I don't see any error logs. Users just aren't getting the files.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-27-2017 , 01:44   Re: [ANY] Auto File Loader (Automatic Precaching/Downloads)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2026 View Post
I don't know if I'm just dumb or if something is broken but this doesn't seem to work for me. I even tried recompiling with #debug defined and still can't figure out why it won't work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappaTroopa View Post
Like the user above I also can't get this to work. I don't see any error logs. Users just aren't getting the files.
Input the command 'sm_generateexternals' in either the client console as admin or server console and send me the output file via PM or post it here if you don't care about people seeing your list of files.