Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Charles_
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
Allows players to gain extra speed by preforming a "prestrafe" in CS:GO like you could in CS:S.
Unapprover:
Reason for Unapproving:
Just sets cvars, doesn't even set them properly, unnecessary includes.
Old 02-28-2017 , 23:39   [CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)
Reply With Quote #1

CS:GO Enable Prestrafe
by Charles_

Description:
This plugin will allow players on a CS:GO server to prestrafe like they used to on source, allowing for better runs on bhop, surf, kz, etc.

Dependencies:
You must have CS:GO Movement Unlocker installed for this plugin to work.
It can be found Here.

Installation:
  1. Get the plugin and upload it's .smx file to you sourcemod/plugins folder.
  2. Make sure to install CS:GO Movement Unlocker too or the plugin won't work properly.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prestrafe.sp - 1380 views - 1.8 KB)
File Type: smx prestrafe.smx (5.7 KB, 1655 views)

Last edited by Charles_; 02-28-2017 at 23:45. Reason: added compiled smx
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-01-2017 , 02:38   Re: [CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)
Reply With Quote #2

...is this real?

All your "plugin" supposedly does is set the following values:
Code:
sv_enablebunnyhopping 1
sv_accelerate 5
sv_friction 4
sv_staminamax 0
sv_staminalandcost 0
sv_staminajumpcost 0
This literally has nothing to do with prestrafing - Movement Unlocker enables you to prestrafe properly. This just sets trivial values that more than likely most server owners would want to set differently, in a proper config file.

The only real requirements for your plugin is smlib... and you don't even need that to force specific convar values. Good lord, everything about this is just wrong.

Last edited by sneaK; 03-01-2017 at 02:43.
Charles_
Old 03-28-2017 , 23:48   Re: [CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
...is this real?

All your "plugin" supposedly does is set the following values:
Code:
sv_enablebunnyhopping 1
sv_accelerate 5
sv_friction 4
sv_staminamax 0
sv_staminalandcost 0
sv_staminajumpcost 0
This literally has nothing to do with prestrafing - Movement Unlocker enables you to prestrafe properly. This just sets trivial values that more than likely most server owners would want to set differently, in a proper config file.

The only real requirements for your plugin is smlib... and you don't even need that to force specific convar values. Good lord, everything about this is just wrong.
Essentially my plugin sets the values needed to get a Counter-Strike: Source Style prestrafe on CS:GO. At the time i originally made this you needed csgo movement unlocker to be able to get some of these to stick.

Movement unlocker itself will not get you prestrafe, this is just to simplify the process for people.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-29-2017 , 01:00   Re: [CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_ View Post
Essentially my plugin sets the values needed to get a Counter-Strike: Source Style prestrafe on CS:GO. At the time i originally made this you needed csgo movement unlocker to be able to get some of these to stick.

Movement unlocker itself will not get you prestrafe, this is just to simplify the process for people.
Absolutely untrue. A vanilla server, with only sourcemod and movement unlocker will allow you to prestrafe. The variables you are trying to set make it easier to get up to speed, and some are completely unrelated. Tell me, what does bunny hopping have to do with prestrafing? What does jumping or landing have to do with prestrafing? Do you even know what prestrafing is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja7Fr01gHoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWJhofvOTYg

Last edited by sneaK; 03-29-2017 at 01:01.
Charles_
Old 03-30-2017 , 18:11   Re: [CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Absolutely untrue. A vanilla server, with only sourcemod and movement unlocker will allow you to prestrafe. The variables you are trying to set make it easier to get up to speed, and some are completely unrelated. Tell me, what does bunny hopping have to do with prestrafing? What does jumping or landing have to do with prestrafing? Do you even know what prestrafing is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja7Fr01gHoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWJhofvOTYg
Um, I think you might be confused. Are you sure that you know what prestrafing is? It is where you press two movement keys(W & A, W & D, S & A, or S & D) at the same time at a specific view angle to build up to 288 u/s walk speed w/o a knife to get a good start to a bhop run in Counter-Strike: Source. This is not achievable in a vanilla Counter-Strike: Global Offensive without these settings and without movement unlocker. I am fully prepared to provide examples of this.

sv_friction
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it is default to "5.2" whereas in Counter-Strike: Source it is default to "4".

sv_accelerate
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it is default to "5.5" whereas in Counter-Strike: Source it is default to "5".

Quote:
Tell me, what does bunny hopping have to do with prestrafing? What does jumping or landing have to do with prestrafing?
Prestrafing and bunnyhop are very much related. In fact if someone doesn't hit a good prestrafe at the start of their bhopx run, it can cause them to completely abandon it and restart. So much to the point that it can define who has the WR for the map.

The whole point of this plugin was to get people to stop using the really off prestrafe plugin that's copy/paste KZ timer. It doesn't get you to 288 u/s and it doesn't even use the same view angles as Counter-Strike: Source had to hit one. It was also aids for people with high ping.

Did I ever say you couldn't do it without a plugin? No, I didn't, this is just to make it easier for people who don't want to do the research into what values to change and exactly what to set them to to perfectly replicate the way it was on Counter-Strike: Source.

About the "Absolutely untrue." part, unless they changed the value by default to sv_friction 4 and sv_accelerate 5, or you changed it to these manually.

I could bicker about this back and forth, but as a moderator on alliedmods I would assume you know there is no point. Overall, it's to simplify the process for less knowledgeable server owners.
M1NT
Old 08-29-2020 , 15:15   Re: [CS:GO] CS:GO Enable Prestrafe (v1.0, 2017-02-28)
Reply With Quote #6

I am trying to make a HNS server but i cant crouch and bhop at the same time and i dont know how to fix it.i have searched everywhere but cant find a plugin for this. i dont know if someone knows where i can find this plugin.